JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

7/26/2014 6:53:23 PM

New announcer, PLEASE!

I get tired of the boring voice that says (for example) "A. Has been taken" during the crusible. Its the voice I would expect to hear from a dramatic talk show. They need more enthusiasm! The annoucer for the original halo's is a perfect example of what we need! Please someone read this and spread the word!
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I think he's kind of boring and bland, and he has a voice crack on 2 of his lines. One is when you secure A and I don't remember the other, but his voice kind of cracks when saying A and something else, and it sounds like a giggle/laugh/cough and its annoying. The Solution? Liam Neeson
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I thought the same at first, but I've gotten used to it, and I even think it fits the game. Not as good as Halo, but still good.
    Add more answer options

• Killer instinct announcer.
    Add more answer options

1 Reply
    • Yeah. I am not fond of it either. He is very dreary with his Bill Nighy impression.
      Add more answer options

• Edited by Busstavo: 7/27/2014 5:09:32 AM
      I agree the announcer is a buzzkill. He really is too soothing. I dont need an announcer who yells all the time either. I just want someone who doesnt seem like they are watching an overview of the match and laying back in a leather chair with a cigarette he puffs on between announcements. Its an arena too! It should be like "They have taken bravo, can you counter?
      Add more answer options

1 Reply
      • Initially, I thought "Halo announcer or gtfo". Now though, I actually like the voice. It fits the game somehow.
        Add more answer options

• Yes please hire somebody else and completely rerecord the announcer role. [spoiler]Sarcasm[/spoiler]
        Add more answer options

• Edited by C5T: 7/27/2014 5:14:38 AM
        You mean this guy, I'm pretty sure that's the voice
        Add more answer options

• He is the crucible handler he has a kd of 9000 he deserves to do the announcements
        Add more answer options

I actually like the current voice actor, even though he could use a few more lines to say.
        Add more answer options

• I didn't really like the announcers voice at first either but I think it's slowly growing on me.
        Add more answer options

• Shaxx is -blam!-ing amazing. It's one of those cool british accents.
        Add more answer options

• It's not Halo, move on. This feels like I'm always giving advice to someone who can't accept they have broken up with their partner and can't deal with it.
        Add more answer options

1 Reply
          IngloriousWho98
          IngloriousWho98

My hate crush your soul - old

Eh It doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would but I definitely wouldn't mind a new announcer
          Add more answer options

• Or an option to turn it off. Even Jeff Steitzer can get annoying.
          Add more answer options

• I agree. This announcer is so ear piercingly annoying. It is so hard to concentrate. I think though that it maybe to late for bungie to change at this stage.
          Add more answer options

3 Replies
          • I don't mind him much but maybe have lord Saladin or banshee be the crucible guy
            Add more answer options

• I say bring back the Halo announcer.
            Add more answer options

• I like the voice....
            Add more answer options

Love Shaxx
            Add more answer options

• More important things to worry about, it's fine.
            Add more answer options

• I don't mind get my train announcements from him but in a game his voice makes me constipated
            Add more answer options

preload icon
          preload icon
          preload icon
          You are not allowed to view this content.