JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

Edited by Lee Carling: 7/21/2014 8:31:19 PM

The Crucible Confession

I've seen quite a couple of posts about how one or two bad players in a PvP team can spoil it for everyone. I want to clear the air and admit - I am that terrible player. Look at my stats, no lies. I am sorry. If you see me in your team - despair!
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Unskilled players are even more detrimental to the team in Destiny than in other shooters. Having a really terrible KDR does actually matter in Destiny, because the more you die, the more you feed the enemy teams' Supers. I've been in a number of matches where, not only did half my team not understand how to properly fire their weapons, but the enemy had Supers ready going into practically every fight. Feeding is now a legitimate obstacle in Destiny.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

1 Reply
    • I suck at PVP, I've gotten old and lack the time and the inclination to put in the hours to get better. Which is why I stay out of PVP, being mocked by a whole swathe of people who will never know the heady achievement of completing the Vigilante coin-op on a single credit is just too much for my fragile little ego to bear.
      Add more answer options

• how do you even get to crucible?
      Add more answer options

2 Replies
      • I'm pretty decent at PVP. I'm not gonna lie though I was completely terrible when I played the Alpha. One thing I can say that could help you is keep practicing. I just stuck with it now I'm a pretty consistent player. Have still had a lot of bad games and it happens. Just continue to practice and you will get better.
        Add more answer options

1 Reply
        • I notice you've only got about 20 kills in Crucible. For my first (at least) 5 games, I got pretty trashed because I've never played Halo or Titanfall etc before. But after that period you get used to the dynamics and you DO improve. Don't give up.
          Add more answer options

• I am a shitty PVP player but once in a while I'll kill someone that's really good and I bet they check out my profile and blush in shame. That is fun : )
          Add more answer options

• I'm doing rather okay.
          Add more answer options

• I feel your pain..I cant stand being so bad and feel bad for my squad mates..ill keep trting so sorry if im with you. Eventually ill figure out how to one shot all those killer jumping beans who keep smoking me
          Add more answer options

• I'm having problems grasping it at the moment. My first game I got MVP though, so I guess I'm not all THAT bad. I actually played for the objective quite a bit too.
          Add more answer options

• I'm okay at crucible :D
          Add more answer options

• It's okay it's just a game
          Add more answer options

• I am the definition of suck. At least I cap a few zones per match.
          Add more answer options

• Well I'm even worse so......... despair!
          Add more answer options

• I wonder if a .77 kdr is "shit" or "ok"
          Add more answer options

3 Replies
          • What's a Crucible?
            Add more answer options

• Who cares what others think...play to have fun, some people take this thing too seriously
            Add more answer options

• Same here. I'm not very good at PVP. I suppose with practice I'll get better but I prefer Co - op regardless.
            Add more answer options

• Couldn't agree more, my first match of PvP i got killed in the first 30 secs without even seeing another player. But then again its hard enough when faced up against higher level players.
            Add more answer options

• Don't sweat it bro. You'll get better with practice.
            Add more answer options

• No worries, during the beta I've been using this time to explore the matchmaking maps and get accustom to my class of choice. It is a game after all no stress. Until the game launches then gtfo. lol
            Add more answer options

• Holy smokes I felt bad yesterday. Joined a Crucible match, but somehow the match was almost over. I got one kill and was somehow the only guy in the team to get a reward. Luckily it wasn't anything special!
            Add more answer options

• Edited by NinjaCoby: 7/24/2014 8:40:18 AM
            Hey check my stats every crucible game I have ever played, yes every one at-least 4 of my team mates have less then a 1.0 kd they are always below 0.90. So bad teammates doesn't matter just enjoy it while playing because you only do bad if your bad or you are mad while playing, don't ever get mad and you will do good. Also I have won over 96 matches and loss maybe 7 at-least.
            Add more answer options

• Do you play on ps4
            Add more answer options

1 Reply
            • And check out my stats most matches I'm pretty good if you have a ps4 we should play
              Add more answer options

• You gotta start somewhere. If I see you on my team, I got your six
              Add more answer options

1 Reply
              • Edited by MadHaze: 7/24/2014 9:17:26 AM
                MadHaze
                MadHaze

7902b0e1 - old

Well I am a pretty bad player ..but I really don't mind. Every team needs a guy to distract and go capping flags hehe . Loving PVP :) You can be smart and help win games without having great aim! My K/D won't ever be great but then I run to objectives continuously . If you want a good K/D then just Defend one flag and stay in one spot.
                Add more answer options

3 4 5 6 7
              preload icon
              preload icon
              preload icon
              You are not allowed to view this content.