JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
We are continuing to investigate issues of players encountering BEAVER error codes when attempting to play Destiny. Stand by for updates.

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

Edited by Death: 4/30/2014 4:56:32 PM
Death

You walk in on your lover cheating on you...

What would you do? Let's say you've had 3 kids together and married for 15 years. The love of your life. The two sub-human pieces of filth are there, on your bed. How do you react? Sometimes I can understand why the husband goes on a rampage killing them both. You want to know why? Because in that moment he just realized his whole life has just been one huge lie. Everything he built his life around has collapsed. That would cause a man to murder.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Mr. Shotgun accidentally went off in wifie and cheater's direction 14 times. It was an accident.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

1 Reply
    • Edited by Recon Number 54: 6/4/2014 4:18:17 AM
      [quote]The love of your life.[/quote] [quote]The two sub-human pieces of filth are there, on your bed.[/quote] So which is she? The love of my life or a sub-human piece of shit? Because she isn't Schrodinger's cat. If she is the love of my life, I would assume that she is for many many reasons. If she's a sub-human piece of shit, it's for one reason. Does that one bad reason overcome all of the other reasons that made her the love of my life? Then that love doesn't appear to have been based on very much or been very strong (for either of us). And besides, she's the love of my life, but she's not my property, I don't OWN her. She is a human being and guess what? Human beings can do some amazingly unpredictable things. Things that you wouldn't expect them to. Things that can hurt or even destroy you. Sometimes they realize those things were mistakes and sometimes, they aren't mistakes, but were done for a reason. [quote]Because in that moment he just realized his whole life has just been one huge lie. Everything he built his life around has collapsed. That would cause a man to murder.[/quote] That's a pretty sad man. If his whole life, his whole existence revolved around another person and what they did, what was he? Was he someone she could respect? Someone she could admire? If his life was so shallow that all it involved was another person, and that collapsed? "You can't respect someone who kisses your ass." - Ferris Bueller. He had a pretty pitiful life to begin with. Especially if he felt as if she was his property. And if a loss of such a shallow life is capable of driving someone to violence and murder? Even more pitiful and sad. Because that is a severe lack of self-control. Maybe the fact that I've been around a lot (both the block and in years) but I've long since stopped being that fricking binary, a life of "if this, then that". Life is complicated, people are complex, people do amazingly beautiful things and they do incredibly cruel things, but it takes an entire life of being a crappy person to earn the title of "sub-human filth", and having an affair is not enough to qualify. Not if you had reason to love them and truly do/did love them in the first place. My ego could and can handle such a blow without needing to resort to violence in order to cope with "what she did to ME!" Lashing out physically in such a situation is a sign of immaturity, insecurity and lack of self control and self respect.
      Add more answer options

8 Replies
      • Join in is the only correct answer.
        Add more answer options

• I'd coat the bed in gasoline, throw a lit match onto it and then roast marshmallows on top of them whilst watching the sunset; completely ignoring the senseless screaming and foul smell of burning flesh.
        Add more answer options

12 Replies
        • Leave that bitch and take the kids, some one like that would not raise my children.
          Add more answer options

• Furiously masturbate
          Add more answer options

• I'd say she has a clear choice. Does she want to get smacked with a pimp cane, or the back of my hand?
          Add more answer options

• Edited by Banned Carpet: 6/4/2014 10:46:09 AM
          >ITT pimp hand responses galore
          Add more answer options

• Joke's on them...I have Doritos Locos Tacos and Im not sharing.
          Add more answer options

1 Reply
          • Introduce her to my pimp hand
            Add more answer options

1 Reply
            • Calmly tell her, and him, to get out of my house. If it wasn't my house to begin with, I'd just leave.
              Add more answer options

• I didn't become violent but I did get a lawyer and got a divorce. Mistake or not, I couldn't trust her anymore. Some of the blame lies with me. There were other problems that neither of us addressed before her affair. The affair was just her way of making the best of a bad situation. She sought out help, tried to get me to go for therapy sessions and I wouldn't go. She turned to one of "my friends" and well, you guys are smart enough to figure out the rest. So I left and got a lawyer. It doesn't make it right for anyone else but me. It hurt like hell, still does sometimes. Funny fact: she still hasn't told her family the truth. Not about her affair or her share. I admit I am at partial fault. Sadly, I run into her family and old mutual friends on a daily basis. I wish I could tell you that as adults we know there is two sides to every story but we all know that isn't true. Be prepared for that. She is the mother of my children so I have swallowed my pride and ignore the looks, the "oh hey long time no see sorry really busy can't talk" lines. Wow, wall of text. Sorry about that. Problem is you asked a question with no easy solutions. My solution, while right for me, may not be right for you. I know there is pain involved, so don't do anything rash. Weigh all the options. I wish you the best.
              Add more answer options

• I would scream a question. "ARE YOU NOT THE WOMAN I HAVE LOVED AND BEEN MARRIED TO FOR 15 GOD DAMN YEARS???"
              Add more answer options

2 Replies
              • Edited by HurtfulTurkey: 6/4/2014 3:32:08 AM
                I've been with the same woman for nearly 5 years, and while that doesn't hold a candle to some of the married folks here, I think it's long enough to know I wouldn't fly into a senseless rage. I love her, and I know very well that she loves me, but I also understand the temptation to cheat. She's not some piece of property, she has her own desires and acts on them. She isn't my life, and if one day I found out our relationship was over and she just hadn't gotten up the courage to tell me how she felt, I wouldn't kill a guy. Shit happens, and a defining part of a relationship is the ability to hurt the other person, and to be forgiven. Tl;dr: I question the maturity of people that claim they would do something violent.
                Add more answer options

• Obviously before this marriage I would sign a pre-nup saying that if the other person cheats they don't get anything. Get a divorce, leave her with the kids, focus on career now I don't have to take care of family, become rich, be bachelor, drown in pussy.
                Add more answer options

• Immediately walk out and take custody of the kids and kick the wife and the man out of the house. Maturest way I think?
                Add more answer options

2 Replies
                • -blam!- the guy to assert my dominance.
                  Add more answer options

3 Replies
                  • "u w0t m8"
                    Add more answer options

• I'd ponder how I got mixed up into the alternate dimension where I actually get a gf. These two hooligans are merely the messengers for a larger anomaly.
                    Add more answer options

• have a threesome with them
                    Add more answer options

• So many betas
                    Add more answer options

• Either join in or leave them be, I'm not jelly or controlling. So long as the same respect was extended to me....
                    Add more answer options

6 Replies
                    • It's not gay if it's in a three way, with a honey in the middle there's some leeway
                      Add more answer options

• Crush the heretic female for betraying me. Then proceed to lay with my other wives.
                      Add more answer options

• [b] [/b] Threesome [b] [/b] [b] [/b]
                      Add more answer options

• Introduce them both to mr.cleaver. He's a bit of a touchy-feely guy.
                      Add more answer options

preload icon
                    preload icon
                    preload icon
                    You are not allowed to view this content.