JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Gaming

Talk about games other than Destiny. We don't mind.

Edited by relliK42: 3/4/2014 5:46:14 PM

BF4 Long Distance Sniping is addicting!

So, I generally avoid playing Recon for a reason unlike most who avoid the class: [i]It's addicting.[/i] In less than a minute it can easily be demonstrated how a player (me) gets their initial headshot and tries to best their previous range. It's fun, and a range finder helps when the netcode is terrible at long distances. So ladies and gents, what's your longest marksman headshot with what rifle and with or without a rangefinder?
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I remember getting one at about 980 meters. It was really lucky. I am not much for being a sniper on games. I am usually the one that tricks a sniper to give himself away, then he dies.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

1 Reply
    • Wish I knew, I broke my bf4 a while ago when I found out it doesn't work on my Xbox slim
      Add more answer options

• I only use recon to strap on C4 to quad bikes and drive them towards tanks, eject, and watch em burn
      Add more answer options

3 Replies
      • 676 meters without a rangefinder with an 8x scope and variable zoom 14x. Recon is the only class I use haha.
        Add more answer options

• 707 metres. About a month ago I sniped a chopper pilot from a moving boat on paracel storm. A few games later sniped an attack chopper pilot from 510 metres. Went to save the clip only to find I was a victim of the share feature glitch. The rage that ensued was epic.
        Add more answer options

1 Reply
        • No, stop it. Stop it right now.
          Add more answer options

1 Reply
          • Edited by Gray Sharpies: 3/5/2014 9:04:44 PM
            I was amazing in Battlefield 3. I got a headshot (obviously no range finder) at [b]1327 meters[/b] using the M40A5. I don't understand it but I can't really hit people in Battlefield 4... I watch the bullets go through them but it doesn't register. I've gone back to Battlefield 3 and I still got it but it's not the same anymore. [spoiler]Maybe once there are custom servers I'll start playing more. OMAN 24/7 BABY[/spoiler]
            Add more answer options

1 Reply
            • Hmm... It can be quite fun, but I prefer being roughly 100-50M out and chaining headshots with the GOL Magnum. I've got 6.5 Service Stars since the day SA came out on PS4. <.< The longest headshot, In BF3 I got a 995M on Tank Superiority. They had a sniper in their deployment and I took up the challenge. It took about 20 shots to finally get him (I was a noob back then) but it was the most memorable kill I've had. L96A1 is my baby. In BF4, I got a 550M on some boat snipers for Paracel Rush. I don't cloth monster but when I see cloth monsters I counter snipe them. I just got the distance from the deployment marker and shot 3 boat snipers in quick succession. Again with the L96A1.
              Add more answer options

• I dont have Battlefield 4 yet, also not yet the XbONe, but on Battlefield 3 i use the SVR..i think...the 30-06 rifle with a decent scope and from that I cross mapped multiple times a sniper with a better gun at 205 meters. :P it was on Tehran Highway. I was on a small tower and he was camping in the rocks across. most of my snipes were headshots on him.
              Add more answer options

2 Replies
              • Man, those are some horrific textures.
                Add more answer options

3 Replies
                • 4 1000-1347m head shots in a row^_^ it's in my upload if anyone want 2 see I forget what rifle^_^ GT is the same as my name.
                  Add more answer options

1 Reply
                  • Long distance sniping is IMPOSSIBLE on consoles. My furthest kill is probably less than 200 meters.
                    Add more answer options

6 Replies
                    • Edited by BritLemon: 3/5/2014 7:34:11 PM
                      You're [i]still[/i] a pegboy.
                      Add more answer options

1 Reply
                      • 341 meters, I believe it was with the starting sniper rifle in bf4, with the assistance of the pld. I'm not a frequent sniper.
                        Add more answer options

• SRR got nerfed in today's patch.
                        Add more answer options

6 Replies
                        • Way to easy to snipe in bf4.
                          Add more answer options

1 Reply
                          • I have about 170 hours in Battlefield 4 and rarely snipe haha. I'll get to it eventually, but I have far too much fun playing as an Engineer or a Medic to consider sniping yet. I'm the same with vehicles actually, I rarely use them. Unless I'm traveling by a quad or jeep. :-)
                            Add more answer options

• BF sniping is some of the most fun sniping experiences in gaming, personally.
                            Add more answer options

• Can't remember the distance but I was from building to building on the Siege of Shanghai demo.
                            Add more answer options

• Longest is 948. But I did get 2 collaterals in a row one game! So I guess thats pretty good right?
                            Add more answer options

• Mine is 1143m. I was using the srr61 with straight pull, 40x and variable zoom. I want to try out the rangefinder but is there really a point if it can't measure past 1000m? Do any of you guys use it? Also, thoughts on the bipod?
                            Add more answer options

11 Replies
                            • 291.44 Long range sniping just seems ineffective to me. Unless you're crazy good like this guy... I prefer mid-range - aggressive engagement, and counter-sniping. ( And I'm limited by last-gen console version :C )
                              Add more answer options

2 Replies
                              • I believe it was 1378, no range finder, 14x zoom, O zero distance, straight pull, SRR61. Oddly enough, that was the headshot that unlocked the 40x zoom scope for me. And yes, he was sitting still. 1 miss.
                                Add more answer options

4 Replies
                                • Bf4 943
                                  Add more answer options

3 Replies
                                  • In bf3 was about 610 meters.
                                    Add more answer options

1 Reply
                                    • Ooooo Nice! I saw that shot incoming!
                                      Add more answer options

preload icon
                                    preload icon
                                    preload icon
                                    You are not allowed to view this content.