JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
Destiny 2 will be temporarily offline today for scheduled maintenance. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.
Edited by Stunt Mercenary: 5/24/2013 7:44:30 PM

Very PlayStation 4 Focused

It seems like Bungie is getting a little too excited for the PlayStation 4. The new trailer, for example, doesn't even mention that Destiny is ALSO available on PS3, Xbox 360, and Xbox One<--(Trailer was being made before the Xbox One reveal, which is why it hadn't been mentioned until afterward); just PS4. The gameplay trailer before that was focused on the PS4 only as well. I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting to mention here too. I understand that they are open to the new market now that Microsoft isn't pinning Bungie to the Xbox, but doesn't it feel like all Bungie's original Xbox fans are getting shortchanged? WITHDRAWN-->[Not to mention that Bungie's E3 Conference will be with Sony, somewhat unfair for their original fanbase.]<--Doesn't make sense for MS to have CoD and Destiny for their conference. Not to mention Sony has the right to be incredibly excited to be a part of Bungie's Brave New World. I'm not saying I don't want the PS4 to get any attention, I'm all for Bungie broadening it's fanbase with the Sony crowd. I'm just saying they should throw us Xbox players a bone every once and a while. For the sake of fairness. Why do you think these marketing decisions are being done the way they are? Edit: This isn't a topic with the purpose of hating on Sony/Bungie. Some of you replied with rather unkind remarks, which were unwarranted. I'm not upset so telling me to calm down or chill out is also unnecessary. I posted this with genuine curiosity as to why Bungie chose to do what it did. I'm no marketing expert. My question was answered by some of you who had the patience to explain, so I thank those of you who did.
English
#Destiny

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

View Entire Topic
  • Edited by DeeJ: 5/24/2013 2:45:55 AM
    [u]Fact[/u]: Sony is doing a lot to help us spread the word about Destiny because their gamers are excited to finally join you in the Bungie community. [u]Fact[/u]: It has been officially announced that Destiny is being developed for four (4) consoles, some you have and some you want. [u]Fact[/u]: Aside from Duardo, I have never slapped a Bungie.net member in the face. [u]Fact[/u]: No matter which console you use to play Destiny, we will hunt you down and kick your ass. [u]Fact[/u]: This post was made using the mobile forums, from a meeting about what you'll see when we're at E3. Try not to let the console wars distract you from enjoying the show. You're in control of your own... ...well, you know.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

39 Replies
    You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon