JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Linkenski: 7/19/2020 11:45:18 AM

The Gift of the Traveler (story)

It was sunset, the mood was settling as the light faded but not quite disappeared. The Traveler was shining across the city, it didn't matter where anybody went. We felt safe and I did too, but for a while I had not felt truly satisfied. Zavala was watching over the nameless faces he felt he should protect and Ikora was still lost in thought. I was clanless but I greeted Hawthorne anyway. A few days ago I had flown across both Earth and Venus, shooting as many Vex and Fallen as I happened to come across, the skulls crushed as if by brute force by the impact of the Thorn, and recharging my Light I looted the lost sectors with the help of my superpowered and gifted abilities. But wandering in the evening on the city this time, I felt a growth of dissatisfaction, a depleted energy that wasn't being charged by Light. But after I found a lone spot in the Annex I thought of Hawthorne came up again. Weird. She only tends to those with clans, yet I felt a connection. I must have fallen in love with her. Over the next few days I found myself incidentally sitting by the cafeteria as she was on her break, and wondering if I had a chance. I looked it the Traveler. >>O Light, purest Light of thee Traveler, grant me thine powers<< As I prayed to my icon I sensed it grant me strength and confidence. That evening I asked her out, and just last night we shared a kiss. The Traveler fulfils us with divine gifts. No one but I could have done this, but the Light is something we all share, my fellow Guardians. If you believe it you can do it too! The relationship did not last, yet I continue to pray that she wants more. I have become the Simp of the Traveler. Thanks for reading my dumb shit.
English
#Story #destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon