JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by HighPeril: 6/10/2020 4:46:31 PM

Feedback for Devs only on the story of season of arrivals.

im not able to play it. Means to an End is a mandatory block on the story. i never trusted the drifter, but its not roleplay stopping me on that quest stage, its the FORCED TEAM ACTIVITY. you locked the damn STORYLINE behind having to play nightfall ordeal (something that never interested me anyway) OR nightmare hunts (something that never interested me because it needs a fireteam) OR playing pvp (something im not really into ) control. first, i am not a masochist. i dont enjoy frustration or pain. grinding through a nightfall would not be fun, i would not get a burst of adrenaline and yell and scream at success. i would say 'thank god thats over, my other two wont bother' because until now only exotics required that kind of quest. now nightmare hunts if a public event, no problem. the problem here is fireteam required. same reason i dont raid, same reason i dont nightfall same reason i hate doing strikes. control, i dont want to play either. this is because im not a super sharp top level pro gamer wannabe. im someone enjoys playing for fun. in pvp i play rumble rarely. sometimes for fun, but often because an exotic quest requires pvp for some reason. so i grind rumble until i complete that. i wont play other modes. i wont raid. and i said before in another feedback post, i am wary of doing even matchmade team activities like strikes and pvp modes like control. this is because of YOU, bungie. your threat to ban people who didnt have a clue someone on their side was cheating. not only does this offend my sense of right and wrong, particularly at the moment with all the black lives matter going on, i see no reason to risk those activities. how am i supposed to know who the hell is cheating? they are too someone casual and playing with a controller on pc (like me) indistinguishable from someone with mouse keys who is a lot better than me and plays pvp a lot more. theres no way i have of telling unless they are so obvious about it, that i quit the game - and i havent seen that in destiny, only in other games like battlefront 1 and battlefield 1. if it was easy to see these cheats, you bungie would not need to keep throwing people at it to find and ban them, would not need to keep writing ever more code to try and detect it earlier, not have to resort to that kind of threat and in short there would not be any cheating IF IT WAS EASY ENOUGH FOR ME TO TELL THERE WAS A CHEAT. okay, im not complaining i cant get some exotics because locked behind raid or other fireteam/matchmade activity. i can accept that. its stuff i will only ever see in other hands, not a problem but to lock part of the STORYLINE behind these activities? unacceptable. if you want me to buy beyond light, i need to know in advance that NONE of the storyline is locked behind forced participation in a fireteam/matchmade activity. OR that you wont ban innocent victims of cheaters, who just happened to be in the same team and unable to tell a cheat from a player much better than them. example of what i mean. in rumble sometimes i even win. i often start off well, but then other players get into things and i drop down the order, probably because they figure out my movement and adjust the mouse aim that is needed. they look for rapid left right left evasion or whatever, but since im on controller i can adjust how fast i move left or right sideways. sometimes i find i dont get a kill until half way into the round and am being massacred by everyone else. so are they cheating? or am i just in a group of people who play pvp with mouse keys a lot more than me and are just very good at it? when i melee someone i dont kill them unless they are at less than half health - but i can guarantee any melee hit on me will kill me instantly regardless of my health. so are they cheating? or is it they have a pvp armour set up to boost resilience where im using my normal pve armour which is set for all round so i dont melee as hard and dont have their resilience? so what am i supposed to do? waste half the game dying while trying to go through the roster and see which of these it must be? or just play and deal with melee being a waste of my time to do and always killing me from full health even? or just play strikes or control trying to see the damn story and hope to god i never got teamed with a cheater or that if i was you didnt notice they were? are you really saying we should be hoping you DONT catch cheaters, just in case? and all because trials was a flagship product, which i will never play anyway and as a result of cheating i might lose content i actually paid you money for on Battlenet before the steam move. again, locking the main STORY, the reason the damn game even exists, behind the risk of random unjust banning is UNACCEPTABLE. asking me to pay money for the chance to be banned in beyond light through no fault of my own is inexcusable. before anyone bothers to post rubbish and personal attacks on me, i say again, i have never and will never cheat in an online only multiplayer game. i dont want to be at a disadvantage myself, and that means i would never enjoy doing that to others. accusing me of that is pointless and incorrect and i will just ignore the trolling. the most common replies are also the most naive - in my last feedback on this subject, someone said cheating was easy to see. and i chose to point out if it was so easy to tell, bungie would never need so many staff onto the issue, nor have made such over-reaction as to threaten others, and there would be no cheaters in the game because easy to find and stop means they wont even try. since there clearly is a problem then its not so easy and obvious to see every cheater. to claim anything else is to have not looked at the problem closely at all.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

View Entire Topic
  • Not being funny, but whats the point of playing this game if your not gonna engage in group activities? The story in destiny is HORRIBLY dragged out, Bungie are always telling and never showing. The lore is interesting but its never translated properly and in a satisfying way in the story missions alone. Destiny has always been at its best while playing with friends working cooperatively to figure out mechanics and ways to best execute your characters and whatnot. To me, if your not engaging in this stuff, you should just ditch the game, your paying for 70% of content that your not gonna touch every expansion, whats the point?

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon