JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Binx56: 1/17/2020 6:22:20 PM

The "KWTD" Expectation is An Example of Destiny's Toxicity.

Post subject. I just want to learn a thing or two about raids and every single post is a KWTD post. What happened to the sherpas? Edit: Thanks to most people here for blowing up my phone for two days and calling me "lazy". Really was enlightening and I now no longer think of the community as toxic. What was I thinking? Edit II: It appears I've struck a nerve here. My issue isn't with "knowing what to do", it's with the countless groups I've joined who kick for not having clears, all with the "KTWD" label. The toxicity lies within people essentially performing background checks on folks and ridiculing or being unnecessarily harsh on those without clears.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

View Entire Topic
  • Edited by kellygreen2: 1/16/2020 12:37:57 PM
    [quote]What happened to the sherpas?[/quote] Bungie killed them. Bungie's raid design team swung so hard at making sure that no one gets carried through a raid...and that no one can short-hand/short-man a raid....that they basically destroyed sherpas. People sherpa'ed raids in Destiny 1, because the mechanics were elastic enough that three or four good players could complete the fights. Which meant you could lose two or three people to death.....or compensate for two new or weak players. ....and still progress through the raid. So taking on a couple of new players....or players of dubious skill....didn't put the whole raid in jeopardy. In Destiny 2, raids are now exercises where just a single weak player....or one who is "not getting it"...can stop the progress of an entire raid team. The guy who keeps dying eventually uses up all your revive tokens....and wipes the team. The raid WIPES you if you DON"T revive him, and try to short-hand the fight around him. The guy who simply isn't "getting it" eventually causes the team to fail. So any team that is taking on a raid with a new player is taking an ENORMOUS risk. The entire success of the raid team is being wagered against that player's ability to learn quickly. While teams may be willing to shoulder that for a clan member or buddy..... ...asking them to do that for a complete stranger whom they will never see again is a HUGE ask.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

15 Replies
    You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon