JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

Edited by Mythical Sniper: 12/16/2019 4:32:22 AM
I just used it in PvE after seeing your post [b]again[/b]. It’s damage is now equal to Nova Bomb (Cataclysm). Stop making these posts, it was buffed by 60%.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Are you sure about that? I'd quite honestly like to see your results if possible, if not I'll just test it tomorrow and get them. If I'm wrong that's fine but it really doesn't feel stronger after using it and seeing others use nova bomb, especially since the damage increase they showed with the base numbers only equalled about 18.5%.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Its flight time is now awesome too! Just give it a try.

Posting in language:

• What you just told me is a load of bullshit. Just tested it against kali and the damage I got from a combination of both impact and aftershocks was 79,399. The previous maximum possible damage it could deal was 59,081. This is about a 34% damage buff but this is likely being inflated a bit due to the increase in damage while traveling towards a target, which is fair to calculate in. You wanna know what cataclysm nova bomb does? 109,881 which makes it still about 38% weaker. It's certainly way closer than it used to be but certainly not as strong as nova bomb. So with synthoceps thundercrash is now slightly stronger than nova bomb, which I can certainly accept and walk away quietly from, but it's still kind of crap without it. And then there's the issue of the neutral game both you and I have argued over which is 2 out of the 3 reasons why i think it's still bad. So they semi fixed one issue but it's still riddled with holes and much like it was from the very beginning, still completely reliant on exotics to do what other supers or skill trees can do...but worse.

Posting in language:

• I never test Supers against Raid bosses because the damage numbers are all over the place. I use Greg the ogre on Titan. It now kills the ogre when it used to take less than half of its health.

Posting in language:

• Edited by DuBChiri2: 12/14/2019 10:01:55 AM
    Kali numbers really can't be all over the place considering how she stands still for about 15 seconds to let you attack her when she's channeling the wipe mechanic, but considering they just gave it a flat damage increase and didn't specify a buff in damage to other areas...theres no reason for there to be a disparity. Also I just hit Greg with it and it didn't kill him. I even shot the explosive barrel next to him first just to damage him (well actually I had to get it out of the way because that fat -blam!- wouldn't move) which took out about 6-8%% of his health. He was left with about...15-18% health give or take. I have a clip that will be uploaded shortly to prove it but...thats going to take about 30 minutes and I want to sleep. If I were to use the old forsaken numbers for Kali, the damage I would deal with a 33% increase on average would bring it from around 165k (which is all the aftershocks and crap hitting) to about 219k. And a single chaos reach will kill it, which is stronger than thundercrash, but not as much as nova bomb, which dealt about 270k without geomags. If I assume he had about 15% of his health left...that would put his health around 240-250k post forsaken because chaos reach kinda overkilled him a little. So if thundercrash got a 10-15% increase in damage from its current numbers, it should kill Greg. Does an extra 10% to damage sound fair? It would pretty much put it at the 40% increase in damage I originally wanted to give it.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon