JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

11/28/2019 1:06:21 AM
I have some of those issues as well and like some of the suggestions. Another personal problem for me is the super itself. it's damage even when stacking sunspots on a boss is pretty lack luster compared to exploding hammers. I always looked at sunspots via supers as a way to really ramp up damage and just hurl as many hammers as you can. And it's never really fulfilled that fantasy even back in D1. Tick damage just isn't valuable really anywhere aside from thorn. I'm glad burning maul and that tree is receiving some love (even though it's not enough imo) but I feel the sunspot bottom tree needed love a lot more urgently.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• The sunspots actually make it stronger than top trees in terms of damage, it's just over time instead of a burst which is not useful for bosses or high health targets because it takes so long. I honestly think burning maul was worse off than bottom tree. It has a good super, but everything else is rather mediocre and that hurts it pretty much everywhere. Bottom tree has more overall utility, but it's a bit harder to use properly in tough content.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• To be fair I've not played a ton of the bottom tree compared to top and middle. But In regards to damage with stacking spots I was specifically referring to bosses. I don't particularly see the point in attempting to kill non boss units with sunspots since they're static things that don't have much of a radius. It's entirely possible that I don't know the correct style of play with bottom tree. But I still overall feel bottom tree is weaker compared to middle. But both need the love.

Posting in language:

• Bottom tree is weaker than middle tree, but you don't need any set up to deal the damage it can deal. That's why I like it more than middle tree. Stacking roaring flames is kind of annoying.

Posting in language:

• Oh I agree. I mentioned in another thread how much anxiety I get trying to keep up after roaring flames. Same reason why I refuse to use wormgod carass despite it's strengths. I've pretty much stuck to top tree when playing sunbreaker since middle tree and bottom tree don't work for me. And I don't feel like sunbreakers in general feel anywhere as good as they did in D1. Then again i'm probably just overselling my desire to have suncharge again.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon