JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
11/9/2018 8:20:17 AM

About that Activision earnings call...

Hey Bungie, Destiny 2 is pretty great right now. In my opinion, it's the best it's been. After reading about the Activision earnings call I am a bit worried that you'll have to change things once again in ways that could benefit investor's wallets while negatively impacting the game and players. I'm not asking for that to not happen... I just want you guys to be honest with us if you do plan on implementing heavier microtransaction-related options. Keep power out of the pool but if you have to make some things exclusive to purchase then that's okay. Just be honest with us. Tell us you had to do it. If the games content maintains the quality that Forsaken brought I don't mind if you beef up Eververse a bit for your investors. Do what you gotta do but keep us in the loop. I promise if you be upfront the potential backlash you get for certain things will be a lot calmer. You've been doing such a good job of addressing issues recently and I can't thank you enough for bringing this game back to gold standard and pushing it further. Friends who stopped playing have come back and we're having a blast and I'm also trying to get more friends into the game as we speak. Thank you Bungie!
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• It'll definitely happen and this game needs more content, not less. The point about making a AAA title with AAA content is why RDR2 made almost a billion dollars in a week. Screwing over your playerbase over and over is kinda not good for making money, be like Mass Effect fans are going to be very hesitant of a new game or even Anthem for that matter.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Bungie shunned away their casual player base for the hardcore minority, but what they didnt expect was that the players that left previously didn't return completely. Now we have a game that people play, not because it's good but because it exists.. There's nothing within Forsaken that entices you to play. You play because you think you have to. "I have to do this, I have to do that." Not. "I want to do this, I want to do that."

Posting in language:

19 Replies
    • So I read the transcript from the earnings call and my takeaways are as follows. 1-ATVI exceeded analyst expectations by only 3% and year over year profits are down by approx 13%. -this isn’t anything to worry about if you’re holding paper. 2-with the exception of Destiny all the other $1 Billion dollar franchises have met the commercial objectives internally forecast. 3-ATVI believe that the core Destiny player has not been re-engaged. Believe that a “wait and see” attitude among many long term Destiny players is a reason for this franchise failing to meet Q3 expectations. Overall ATVI have given Bungie enough rope to hang themselves. One bad QTR is typically tolerated but after two successive QTRs of not reaching company forecast change will occur. Time will tell. Let’s see how this investor game plays out.

Posting in language:

11 Replies
      • https://www.gamesradar.com/destiny-2-director-assures-players-bungie-is-not-disappointed-with-forsaken-despite-activisions-sales-concerns/ Relax. Luke Smith assures us everything will be ok. Haha.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        • I just hope that they stick to their guns & keep microtransactions to a minimum. It’s possible to make a game that makes money without being filled to the brim with microtransactions, look at Monster Hunter World.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • Edited by skreek: 11/9/2018 1:50:22 PM
            I hate Activision so much

Posting in language:

10 Replies
            • we dont matter its not about us it about the bottom $

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • [quote]I promise if you be upfront the potential backlash you get for certain things will be a lot calmer.[/quote] Not only can you NOT promise that, I would be willing to bet that the toxicity level would rise quite a bit. Look at the recent posts from them simply adding the emotes. Your heart is in the right place and I can't say that I disagree with the rest of what you say, but you have to look at the reality of this forum. I do spend money on Silver every once in a while. My most recent... I knew I would not be able to get the Skerren set on my Hunter due to my schedule and lack of time so I went ahead and bought some Silver and then bought the Engrams one at a time until I had the 4 pieces I needed to complete the set. Obviously I am not opposed to cosmetic mt's. Were you here when the Iron Banner emote originally went up for sale? Were you here when the massive "remove Eververse" movement was happening? Have you not seen how pissy the people have been getting about the emotes right now?

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  💩 stockholders always ruin everything due to greed 💩

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                  • also the items for silver are priced way too high i.e. the legendary emotes being 500 silver each, that's just not a good value proposition for most people imo

Posting in language:

• What article did you read? The article that I read said that Activision was disappointed in getting people to actually come back to Destiny the player retention not anything to do with eververse or microtransactions

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • Want to know something funny? Forsaken was the highest sold thing in their revenue and they’re not happy with how much it made. Activi$ion is probably gonna -blam!- Bungie over like they do other Devs. Greedy money laundering -blam!- wits... [spoiler]Yes, I’m angry with em [/spoiler]

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                      • BUNGIE and Activision both deserve to go bankrupt for failing to cater Forsaken to casual gamers.

Posting in language:

20 Replies
                        • I hope the next project Bungie does, they cut ties with activision.

Posting in language:

• I would glady pay a subscription for all dlc's monthly (like TESO) if Bungie/Activision get with that the money they need and I the access I want.

Posting in language:

• They should sell it to Disney. At least then we’ll get a refund...

Posting in language:

• Bungie needs to get on this quick if they don't want another "#RemoveEververse".

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                          • Edited by Nuke: 11/10/2018 12:55:42 AM
                            But if they did not mess up the game at launch, there would have been way more players PAYING and playing. Its their own fault for messing up two launches and two years of bad dlc. Some people even gave d2 a chance after giving up on yr 1 d1 and d2 just slapped them on the face and left. Now its simply suffering the consequences of that. I guess theres no escaping the reality of things, whats happened has happened. Bungie probably will have to turn to microtransactions because what else can they really even do at this point? Because they had thier second chance and blew it. No non-destiny player is really going to give them another chance. So I agree with you I hope they are transparent about what they are going to do at the very least. Maybe if d3 comes out with a bang and really brings everthing to the table that everyone wants. It will receive great reviews and publicity so players will may feel compelled enough to give it another chance.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            • If they don’t stop whipping, they’ll be flogging a dead horse soon.

Posting in language:

• Jeez will everyone stop -blam!-ing worrying over something that isn't that important.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                              • “Some of our other franchises, like Destiny, are not performing as well as we'd like, and we're working to accelerate the pace of live operations innovation and improve the speed with which we release new content to keep our players engaged and to provide new opportunities for monetization.” You have your answer.

Posting in language:

• Yea im sure NOW they're going to start being honest with us.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                • I'm giving you the upvote because I agree with you, but based on the fact that it's still not clear what is coming in these annual pass DLCs I would not hold my breath. Unless I missed said clarification outside of a generic "new weapons, new armor, new experiences".

Posting in language:

• I'm okay with microtransactions - as long as the RNG is minimal - I also want items that are directly purchasable but not only directly purchasable. PvE is good now, they need to keep it that way, as the majority of players play PvE and then they can have their microtransactions, hell, I'll probably buy some, if I'm enjoying Destiny. For most of Y1, Destiny sucked, so microtransactions were all people cared about. I don't think that'll be the case, as long as they don't blow it in the future...

Posting in language:

• I'm still waiting for as much enjoyment as D1 right now I'm pretty bored. If I didn't want malfeasance I'd just hop back to warframe.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                                  • Edited by TuxyDoh: 11/9/2018 1:55:51 PM
                                    [quote]Just be honest with us. Tell us you had to do it[/quote] as much as I would like this, I dont think they can do it. Blaming stuff on the publisher is probably not going to happen. They will most likely have to "sell" it like the temporal surge thing, put out a post about how it is for however reason a good thing for the players. I mean, for the long run it probably is, but it probably wont seem like it.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                                    You are not allowed to view this content.
                                    ;
                                    preload icon
                                    preload icon
                                    preload icon