JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Community

Discuss what we all have in common.
Edited by Spawn: 11/9/2018 1:54:39 PM

Activision isn't happy with bungie

Poor sales due to people not believing in the company anymore. Who would have thought lol. Destiny one took forever to get the players what they wanted, so destiny two came and took it all away again just to slowly give it back..... Again...... Honestly I think bungie should fire the lot of higher ups. [spoiler]Moderator edit: This thread has been updated with tags that are more appropriate. Feel free to private message the moderator who moved your post, link to topic, for further clarification about why this topic was moved.[/spoiler]
English
#Community

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Making a game that a player base likes is a gamble. Call of duty didn't live up to Activision's hype this year or last year. Just because destiny didn't sell as much as they want doesn't mean bad for Bungie if you really read into the world of stocks

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Ok I read it, and this is the first thing that sticks out: [quote]Sales for Destiny 2: Forsaken have not lived up to Activision’s expectations, the publisher said today on an [u]earnings call[/u] [/quote] An earnings call? Kotaku aren't always the best for decent articles, they have a great base of writers but they also have a few click-bait wanna-be's looking for some hits. And this to me seems like the latter. The figures and financial reports for D2 tell a different story and since Forsaken D2 has seen Destiny finally begin to achieve something near its potential. This seems like a nonsense article, baeed on one person who likely does not represent Activision in its entirety. But it does show just how many vultures are still circling, desperate for anything to vindicate their hate. Shame on you guys.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
    • Can't blame them. Honestly Destiny feels like an unrewarding chore again. I don't see a "Destiny 3" being launched and if it does, it will not have even close to half of what the D2 failed launch was.

Posting in language:

• Edited by The Darkness: 11/10/2018 12:54:13 AM
      Do you guys even bother researching quarterly earnings? Do you little mouth breathers even know where to look for such information? The IP is doing pretty well, especially after Forsaken. The IP has also been expanded to Korea where the pay to win culture results in yet another revenue stream. Edit: mission accomplished.

Posting in language:

65 Replies
      • [quote]Activision isn't happy with bungie[/quote] Seems me and Activi have something in common! Never thought this could ever happen. But, today got proved otherwise.

Posting in language:

• Maybe they should think about doing some account recovery’s or paid carry’s in crucible Get the revenue up if they worried about it , apparently it’s a nice little earner

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • What planet are you living on? Forsaken was the highest selling digital-version video game for the month of September. Registered player numbers are the highest they've ever been (12 million accounts). Engagement numbers are the highest they've ever been this long after a major release (1.8 million PVE players, 790k PVP players daily as of last week). The game's first seasonal event was very well-received (When was the last time you heard "Festival of the Cost"?) ...and Activision (Blizzard) has their own problems right now. Diablo Immortal (mobile version of Diablo) had a disastrous announcement at Blizzcon....and investors over-reacted and their stock dropped sharply. Activision may have 99 problems but Bungie isn't one of them.

Posting in language:

37 Replies
          • Edited by Kelador: 11/9/2018 8:11:23 PM
            The issue with Bungie is trust nobody trusts that the DLC's will be good and Bungie refuse to be transparent and list whats coming in the releases as they want it to be a surprise... But the surprise to Bungie is the community doesn't trust you enough to buy back into Destiny! What Bungie needs to do is release road maps that actually list IN DETAIL what is coming with each release they dont need to tell you about the story lines or quests just what is coming and not just DLC Name, LMG's and new game activitie that is not enough information... they need to spell it all out and show if they actually have a decent amount of content coming with the DLC's or if its much of the same very little... Forsaken was good but still when you take a step back it added hardly anything 40 weapons most reskins, 6 armour sets and what 15 exotics... thats nothing for a loot based game and Forsaken cost the same as any retail game out there....

Posting in language:

• Yeah bungie created a crappy year one, and two lackluster dlcs. I just hope activation doesn't make year 3 of D2 crappy trying to chase sales.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • I've said it before, and I'll say it again. All I need in my lifetime to play Destiny is around 500 players, most of these for LFG raids, and some for PvP. I will never play with more than 1-2% of the entire Destiny playing population...so I really don't care how well it does, as long as it doesn't stop the development of the game and bring on the closing of the studio..

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • What is most scary is Activision finds it necessary to come up with new ways to monetize the franchise. That's really bad coming from them.

Posting in language:

• Guys.....the game's performing just fine. It's not going to die anytime soon. I'm gonna quote @kellygreen2 below: [quote]Registered player numbers are the highest they've ever been (12 million accounts). Engagement numbers are the highest they've ever been this long after a major release (1.8 million PVE players, 790k PVP players daily as of last week). The game's first seasonal event was very well-received (When was the last time you heard "Festival of the Cost"?) ...and Activision (Blizzard) has their own problems right now. Diablo Immortal (mobile version of Diablo) had a disastrous announcement at Blizzcon....and investors over-reacted and their stock dropped sharply.[/quote]

Posting in language:

• [i]Sales for Destiny 2: Forsaken have not lived up to Activision’s expectations, the publisher said today on an earnings call, promising investors a faster content model and new forms of monetization for the game.[/i] Can’t wait for “Destiny Immortal”...

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • Rip bungie. they been scamming us for 4 years already. hope scamvision dies as bungo. let the ddosers buy your next dlcs.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                  • <Microtransactions aren't the way to fix it, Activision.>

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • Edited by Lunchbox_1313: 11/9/2018 4:03:25 PM
                      People will believe any BS posted here won't they... No proof, no belief.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                      • I love when people just make up statistics... first off D2 was one of the best selling games of 2017, regardless of the reception it got it sold a lot of copies. Furthermore a lot of those copies shipped with the DLC already of being sold with it, so Bungie didn’t even need to sell many of the DLC’s because they already had before it even came out. Secondary to that Bungie has been making a killing selling things via eververse, not to mention the game selling rather well on PC and also launching in South Korea. As for the Forsaken, Bungie has already stated they were overwhelmed with the response and received higher sign in and purchases than they had initially forecasted. This also not including all the franchise goods they sell on side. Activision is more than happy with their Destiny cash cow, you’re a fool if you think otherwise.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                        • The higher ups should fire the crucible team asap. I really don't see what they're doing.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                          • It's mostly Activision's fault....without them Bungie would not have made Destiny at all, They are funding bungie with the money to make it, so whatever The cuntlords at activision say goes, they are making bungie do all these shitty practices.

Posting in language:

• Doesn't Matter Forsaken was a huge success.

Posting in language:

• interesting considering Forsaken made more money than fortnite last month

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                            • Agreed.

Posting in language:

• You know why, because Activision wants bungie to go back to forced down my throat, exp throttling, lootboxes. I like where it is.

Posting in language:

• Fake news

Posting in language:

• Got any sources there?

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                              • Activision need to back the -blam!- off. Its their insistence on sticking to deadlines come hell or high water that have given us the past 2 lacklustre launches. Forsaken has just brought back some faith and community goodwill, and Activision think its a good idea to stick their oar in again?!

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                              ;
                              preload icon
                              preload icon
                              preload icon