JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
11/9/2018 12:06:31 AM

Spectral blades but not Sentinel

So Bungie you decide to address and try to fix the hit detection for spectral blades according to the Twab but no mention of anything to solve the problem for Sentinel titan who’s had this problem for months now smh.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Hopefully they find a way to fix it soon.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• All melee style supers have poor hit detection. It’s just more apparent on the spectral blades because of how fast it can attack.

Posting in language:

• Edited by skreek: 11/12/2018 1:56:13 PM
    I thought this would happen when I posted this, lemme rephrase that, I don't believe that there is a problem with the spectral hunter's or the defender titan's hit detection at the moment, honestly I just think they should make the spectral blades super last even longer while invisible, and maybe increase its lunge range. yeet

Posting in language:

15 Replies
    • Spectral blades’ problem isn’t hit registration, it’s the way the melee attack functions to begin with. That being said, if Sentinel hit detection really is still wack after a whole year, that’s outrageous.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Patient3591: 11/10/2018 4:59:48 PM
      If you actually read the TWAB, the hit detection “fix” consists of slowing down the attack speed. In other words, they don’t know how to fix the hit detection, but they figure if we don’t make as many attacks, we won’t have as many attacks fail to register. This isn’t a fix Wraithstalkers are getting and Sentinels are missing out on. All they’re doing is slowing Wriathstalkers down so they don’t whiff [i]more often[/i] than Sentinels (because they don’t attack more often).

Posting in language:

• On the flip side of the equation, Sentinel has a "combo attack" (if you want to stretch and call it that). The second attack for a Sentinel will kill anything around. Yes, a single attack bash may miss. I feel this is a problem across the board for every similar attack. However, Spectral Blades doesn't have a crazy-lunge double-tap (button) attack. It'll just keep doing the same swing wildly until it connects with something. For both classes, many have found that making a single attack while in air connects and kills more reliably. The ultimate point: Spectral suffered more. The chances were far higher. Plus: full patch notes aren't released. There may be some buff nugget for the Sentinel. Heck, there may be something revised that ends up secondarily buffing Sentinels behind the scenes. End Note: gut reaction is not correct or good 99 out of 100 times. Is this the 1 in 100? A few weeks will tell.

Posting in language:

• Sentinel has the ranged attack and AoE attacks to mitigate the issue but yeah, the single bash needs work too

Posting in language:

• Have you USED Spectral Blades? Think it needs it more than Sentinel

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • I agree, Its a bit crappy, But, Sentinal has various other aspects to work with that may put it lower on the fixing pole than spectral blades (Shield throw, block mechanic, air combos, final strike in chain being a shoulder charge) Not saying its cool that they leave sentinal hit reg so iffy, but, theres probably other things they want to focus on first.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Been maining spectral since day 1 and I agree, it’s some bs, sentinels have it much worse even after their so called fix back in August

Posting in language:

• Sentinels have ursa. And your third attack in your combo produces a damage field. Your shield throw also got a major buff. Your super is completely fine. Spectral blades is very bad right now, especially if you don’t have the vest. You guys can block damage, we have zero availing to do that and have a lower damage resistance. We also have no ranged attack. Both of your attacks have a range component.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • Sentinel rarely misses spectral blades meanwhile misses 90% of all hits

Posting in language:

• The hit detection was worse than the sentinels, and it didn’t have a ranged attack that seeks its enemy after each bounce.

Posting in language:

• I dont why people are complaining about Sentinel hit detection at this point, its been fine since the update back in August. Everytime I see someone use it every blow that should connect, does connect.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
            • Yes because Spectral Blades was actually unusable unlike Sentinel

Posting in language:

• Edited by Nthjester: 11/9/2018 9:32:22 PM
              You're not wrong, but as a sentinel main I will admit that jump and2 melees is the go to and doesn't have hit detection issues. The spectral blades doesn't have this ability to circumvent the hit detection problem so needed it first. That being said I don't think they give a -blam!- to fix sentinel at all the bastards.

Posting in language:

• Wah wah wah cry some more you Crytan. How do you like it?

Posting in language:

• Not months since day 1 of Destiny 2.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
              • We have had this problem for 4 years now on our melee supers.

Posting in language:

• We don't know if Titans are not included. We have to wait for the patch notes. I can assume without a doubt Titans will be getting just as many buffs as Hunters

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • [quote]So Bungie you decide to address and try to fix the hit detection for spectral blades according to the Twab but no mention of anything to solve the problem for Sentinel titan who’s had this problem for months now smh.[/quote] Sentinel has had this problem since...wait for it... [spoiler]THE D2 F***ING BETA. THE GODDAMN BETA, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD![/spoiler] [spoiler]Caps lock =/= better point[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• Can’t let their precious hunters down.

Posting in language:

• I mean sentinel hit detection is bad but I can manage with it

Posting in language:

• Titan lives matter

Posting in language:

• Don’t worry guys it will only be 5 more months before bungie actually addresses the sentinel hit detection problem.😐

Posting in language:

cringe-6
                  cringe-6

😂 - old

They cater to hunters for some odd reason...

Posting in language:

11 Replies
                  You are not allowed to view this content.
                  ;
                  preload icon
                  preload icon
                  preload icon