JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
9/14/2018 6:23:49 PM

Rewards are demotivating

Trying to get my light level up for this damn raid and for the daily challenge drops i get 3 helmets in a row, which i never needed to begin with. Sick of this garbage

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Edited by DeusFever: 9/17/2018 2:53:13 PM
    I don't know why Bungie goes to such lengths to make its players feel bad. I've put all of my free time into Forsaken since launch so I could be raid ready. Wasn't even close. All that effort is a joke to Bungie. Seeds of Light aren't dropping. New exotics aren't dropping. I can't use the gear I like because of the infusing system. Why would I buy the annual pass only to not be ready for their raid-lite and not have the new weapons drop from them too?

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

2 Replies
    • I remember an interview where they said smth along the lines of "you will always have smth to do that is rewarding for your character progression". It's pretty obvious by now that this was a lie, as they're just as much in control of our progress as they were before with the milestone system. The regular drops around 10 below your power are probably the lowest excitement I've ever felt when getting loot in a game, since I know immediately that the item will be dismantled. The +1 drops are hardly any better, as it really doesn't feel that satisfying to go from a 530 cloak to a 531 cloak. It's just a shitty feeling when you actually feel like you're playing against the developers of a game and what they have in mind for it. With the ridiculous infusion costs and the yet again scarce powerful rewards, it feels like Bungie wants to slow us down at all costs, and it's really a motivation killer for me already.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • Edited by PR4X1S: 9/17/2018 1:27:53 PM
        I started Forsaken an optimist with my glass half full, not even two weeks have passed; and I'm now a pessimist with my glass half empty.😖 I'm slowly becoming convinced new exotics don't exist in this game, all I've seen are old ones, maybe they created these new ones just for the promotional video, dissapointed is an understatement, all I want is a dam new Warlock exotic.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • I think the new progression system is confusing. The tooltip indicates powerful gear, but depending on the source, this powerful gear is soft capped at varying levels. Not all powerful gear is created equal, and it isn't clear just by looking which ones provide more than an incremental upgrade to BPL. I think that makes it harder for players to set their priorities (depending on what those are), and from there results in disappointment for many players.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
          • I mean... people for an entire year complained about how easy destiny 2 was in terms of leveling up. We went from one extreme to another. I don’t disagree this leveling system and infusion system is straight garbage now. Forcing you to put hours upon hours a day with a chance of going up 1-2 light levels. That is assuming you don’t get armor/weapons you don’t need.

Posting in language:

• Edited by SpartanK40: 9/15/2018 6:26:43 AM
            It’s not that we get the same rubbish armour, the point is really why bother ? There is zero light level advantage and power level means nothing in this game, so really ranking up is simply a number. I’m not as blind to this typical Bungie artificial play and then trying to draw out play time, so I gave up on the game for the second time and went back to Destiny one. ( which they have also tried so desperately to kill, removing the legacy fireteams). Just had enough of this franchise now. There is still something missing from Destiny 2 and until it comes back I’m out. I also don’t like the way bounties revolve around everything nah thanks I shouldn’t be forced to do bounties to rank up. The game was trash before and it is still trash now. (Before anyone says yes there is a point to light level, I know they put in a light level penalty for being under light, I’m talking about being max light, what does that give me other than a number next to my name ?). When the adds scale with your light level there is absolute no point being max level.

Posting in language:

19 Replies
            • It's not really the rewards then, it's the progression system, which I have to agree, is very frustrating...especially when you do every possible thing to get your power up for raid launch, and still can't do it...first time in years that I haven't been able to attempt a raid on launch day...I'm just glad I didn't take off work ahead of time, I really would have been pissed

Posting in language:

• I definitely agree with the thread topic or name the rewards are demotiving and a joke. most of what I got out legendary was a terran wind or edge transit and my first exotic since forsaken released which yesterday was from before forsaken and something I already had which was vigilance wing. I play for new and different loot. That said odds are unless things change soon enough to where drop rates are better (exotics a more frequent then the almost never it is now or greater chances of forsaken gear and more diversity of legendary gear) or they will be losing customers probably indefinitely at that.

Posting in language:

• Play for fun not rewards

Posting in language:

9 Replies
              • Dont worry mate the actual raid armour rewards are even worst ..lool

Posting in language:

• Dude at least someone is saying the truth on any bungie feeds. Just a complete waste of time for powerful gear that's weaker than the stuff you already have. So sick of this game

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                  ZKP EMERALD
                  ZKP EMERALD

I like destiny sometimes - old

Yep this games rng is terrible I hate it

Posting in language:

• Edited by JohnTaper: 9/15/2018 1:34:31 PM
                  Pulling the left trigger on the old map screen to see what you had to do was so much better. Everything is scattered all over the place now. Bounties are annoying now as well. How many different places do we have to sit through a loading screen for, just to get bounties? Sure wish they were just available to get on the map screen along with the old left trigger menu. Very tedious now. Like to the point where I don't even feel like playing. I'm playing this game for bounties now and that is just stupid. It is a poor way of making people change their playstyle constantly. Doesn't matter how you actually want to play. You need to do things a certain way now and I don't find it enjoyable... After only 2 weeks, lol. My point is I don't really care about my power level all that much. I care about enjoying what I am doing. And this bounty fest slow power progression isn't helping.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                  • What happened to everything being at least 1 light above current gear .... that was determined to be a lie.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • Ok, Lets just get this out of the way power engrams don't work and the idea of power engrams is flawed. Power engrams should be a guaranteed item above your current power level. However many many people are getting items below there level. I have had multiple arms and chests all drop at the same light level. This kills and beats the whole point of the new engrams and honestly the new engrams are just a way to keep us playing longer rather than content to make us play longer. It honestly just hurts destiny 2 when your locking power level behind stupid walls and making legendary engrams trash. To fix this is simple First remove soft caps there damn stupid and honestly I don't understand why we have to have them. If some one wants to grind to max level in a week let them. Stop trying to lock progression behind walls. Make hear perks better. The best way to keep people playing longer is to give perks on armour sets that require grinding to get. Aka crucible armour with increased stability perk to all weapons or gear that gives a buff yo hive enemies and so on. Not just raid gear. Power engrams should be guaranteed higher than the highest item you own in that slot not just your overall power level. Legendary engrams should be RNG on power level giving them an actual point rather than just deleting them. Atm all people are doing is deleting these for resources. It makes all the random perks you added pointless as no one cares about the perks on an item they can not even afford to equip. If you equip your best load out you will end up getting power engrams lower than what you need to progress. This leads to every one just wearing there highest item rather than the items and weapons they Actually want. Aka making 90% of this update irrelevant. Restricting how we level also doesn't increase grind it actually lowers it. Most people atm jump on get there power engrams then turn off. There is no reason to grind past the power drop as your just wasting your time. You don't earn any thing grinding nightfall. You don't earn anything grinding crucible you don't earn anything at all for public events or even heroic events (events are completely pointless when you hit level 500). Same we the wanted. This could have been a great idea but it's pointless when it's all legendary engrams that give you nothing to help progress. In the end bungle trying to force the levelling rate isn't helping it's hurting. Remove power engrams or rework them as atm you pretty much made the rest of the game pointless.

Posting in language:

24 Replies
                      • I got 8 times the rocket launcher in Gambit...

Posting in language:

• same here ,had most my powerful bounties this week drop at the same level as my most powerful gear.

Posting in language:

• They should just give use everything max light right off the bat so we don’t even have too play then come to the forums to cry about it😌

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                        • Smart loot has been removed and swapped for Edge Transit. This is the new meta

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • Why don't all you people in this post cry some more about it. You people are the reason D2 started of as shit in the first place. Didn't like grind so you bitched. They gave you what you wanted, easy gear. What happens? Nothing to do, everything is too easy, wah wah bungie you suck. I said it once ill say it again, the key to Any online mmo game is the grind thats how you keep people. You dont like it then -blam!- off. They did a great job with this dlc, its dynamic and feels alive, AND they didnt worry about pleasing every little entitled bitch and just focused on makibg a great challenging game. They make a product its your choice whether to play it or not, you dont like it, go make your own -blam!-ing game.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                            • Your telling me man. My girlfriend and i have done the exact same things in game and her rng luck got her upto 538 maybe even 539, Yesterday i finally 533. Thats f$cking garbage.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                              • Edited by Scipio: 9/14/2018 11:01:58 PM
                                Agreed. Everyone, including myself are constantly falling for the marketing trap that is destiny. They baited us with the death of cayde, they baited us with the weapon slot revamp(which they PUSHED a week before the update to garnish more sales), they baited us with gambit(which is the only decent thing out of forsaken), they baited us with the sad belief that Destiny will return to its glory days... DAYS which with were never really glorifying to begin with. Destiny 1 was a shit storm, and D 2 is following in it's foot steps. Why are we being sucked into buying more and more of this game and i'ts DLCs??? Nostalgia, addiction, and pure fantasy. We both feel nostalgic towards the game, and addicted to the FUN moments that we had while playing it. Fun moments, that will never be relived. We relish on the pure fantasy of feeling powerful, superior... Running around like space cowboys from planet to planet committing mass genocide on races of aliens, and murdering their leaders for having different views...but that's ok right?? They are "bad", we are "good"....So we can roam around feeling entitled to the slaughter, releasing whatever sort of fury we have from life, onto fake alien creatures...and also being shits to each other without any real repercussions. Gaming developers are WELL aware of our desires, the reasons we play, and why we keep coming back...That is how they take advantage of us, our primal need to feel superior, our desire to relive enjoyable, great moments....That is why all of their marketing campaigns are GEARED towards using keywords to make us think that we can have what we want.....They talk about "new powerful weapons" they talk about "bad guys that need to be vanquished", they talk about "returning to the glory days", and the also CONFIRM that they "hear us", they are with us and want to make us feel like buying the game is worth it... In some ways.. I bet they do feel that way. I bet a lot, if not MOST people want to create a stellar, great game. However at the end of the day, they have to reach a quota, they have to create a product....That is when shit hits the fan, and their marketing becomes nothing more than bait for people to eat up, like it's crack.. Blindly bidding into the unrealistic fantasy that we will get exactly what we want..That my friends Will never happen.

Posting in language:

21 Replies
                                • Edited by prowood420: 9/17/2018 12:35:57 PM
                                  All my powerful gear drops this week is boots and arms all at 545 and 541 My prime engram was even 545 arms. Lol I’ve had a hard time trying to progress this week. I was going to try to wear lower lvl arms and boots to match my other gears power to see if my drops would change but I don’t have anything to match. Hoping this week is better.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                  • How about the small gift drops , 100 heroic events. Only one drop wtf Bungie

Posting in language:

• 4 pairs of gloves for the Dreaming City rewards.... Trolled!

Posting in language:

• 🛑 STOP

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                                  ;
                                  preload icon
                                  preload icon
                                  preload icon