JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Feedback

Feedback and suggestions for Destiny 2.
Edited by Spawn: 9/16/2018 1:12:40 AM

Sleeper Simulant is ruining Gambit

I don't want to be the buzzkill here, I know many of us don't want to see things nerfed but this, my dudes is ridiculous. It can one shot you from anywhere on the map, body or head it doesn't matter. The invading player can see your location which gives them time to charge it up and one shot you. How is this not considered broken? I could "get gud" or whatever but getting good still does not make gambit fun if I have to be paranoid that every invader is running sleeper. Yes, I could run sleeper too. I could go around one shotting invaders and defenders all day but that still does not fix the issue. If the only way to counter sleeper is sleeper that's a problem. I'm not saying nerf sleeper into the ground but it needs some tweaks, it's just not fun playing Gambit anymore when there is such an easy way to dominate the field. I know many of you will fire back at this post because a lot of you most likely love sleeper and use it yourselves. However, I really want you to take a step back and remove your bias to really look at this weapon and then give your opinion on it. [spoiler]Moderator edit: This thread has been moved to #Feedback forum so that other Destiny players can weigh in.  [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/139533839/0/0] See Cozmo's thread here[/url] for more information about the #Feedback tag and its uses. Feel free to private message the moderator who moved your post, link to topic for further clarification about why this topic was moved.[/spoiler]
English
#feedback

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Of course it's broken and needs a change, anyone who says otherwise is most likely one of those shotgun warriors in crucible who can't get a single kill with their primary weapon... It's just one of those stupid things in destiny where they didn't think it through properly and it's now gonna take them around forty years to correct

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• STOP. STANDING. OUT. IN. THE. OPEN. WHEN. YOU. GET. INVADED. HIDE. BEHIND. COVER.

Posting in language:

15 Replies
    • I you can only use one weapons to win, you suck. Destiny 1 failed not because of nerfs but because every youtuber with a camera posted how to exploit the game, it was so bad that they had to keep banning people in trials, remember? People find a good weapon then let everyone know it's the only one to use them it gets nerfed. Otherwise the next expansion should be called: Destiny 2: Rise of the Banhammer

Posting in language:

• Honestly, I disagree with you not because I don't think it's broken, but rather the other player is making a choice to use their sleeper on you instead of the primeval. Heavy isn't always that easy to come by; I usually grab a pack but sometimes I go an entire round without some. So when I consider the value they get from using while invading as opposed to burning it one the primeval, it's entirely dependant on whether they get good value kills costing my team motes. This typically doesn't happen because people seem to know enough to bank quick when there is an invader, but it sometimes does occur when we lose upwards of 15 to a sleeper. In that case I could see it being OP, but otherwise it's a give and take scenario to me. If I were to suggest anything, maybe reduce the amount of ammo you get on a pack? I haven't really considered how you would fix it. I can definitely see things from your point of view though. Getting one-shot from afar can be extrememly frustrating sometimes.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Honestly it just needs less ammo.

Posting in language:

• Wrong. This is how D1 got ruined. Whiny babies that couldn't cope asking for nerfs. The problem is the invader can see everyone and gets a rediculously strong overshield. Change it so the invader can only see one Target and reduce the strength of the OS. Problem solved. Or better yet, give everyone an overshield during any invasion. I can't tell you how many times ads have mev down to low health and the invader comes in to stare at me wrong and i die. That's more annoying than sleeper!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • I can do the same thing with a regular linear fusion rifle, thanks to an inborn fondness for aiming for the head. They also charge faster, especially with some of the new armor rolls and select mods added on, so you could drop 2 shots in the time it takes to charge one sleeper shot. Short answer: Make a counter, don't ask the developers to apply a sledgehammer to the problem for you.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Edited by Vortx4: 9/15/2018 10:59:05 PM
            The solution I’ve seen come up quite often would be to give Sleeper a red laser beam where it is aiming, kind of like a Spartan Laser from halo. It wouldn’t effect its power in PvE at all, but it would allow people to escape when they’re being targeted in Gambit.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
            • Agreed. My first couple Gambit matches I ever played I sucked. Within 2 days I was able to hold my own. Until tonight I have enjoyed Gambit no matter if my team was winning or losing. Tonight I played with 1 friend and 2 random people against a group of 4 clan mates. We won 2 of 3 matches, but it was one of the most irritating Destiny experiences I've had in terms of gameplay. Only 1 player from the other team would ever invade, and the only kills he could get were with Sleeper Simulant. Friend was shot mid jump playing as a Titan from across the map. I was shot across the map as a Hunter, seeing that if the shooter were using a sniper/line rifle they would have probably less than a 5% chance of having a line of sight on me for the shot. Part of me is tempted to use my Sleeper in Gambit, but I remind myself that I'm not desperate. I don't keep track of my kill to death ratio. I would rather be challenged and take an approach that requires some skill, rather than use a weapon that shows I'm not good enough to win any other way.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Laser Kittens: 9/18/2018 3:46:00 AM
              Not sure how it could be remedied, but sleeper does ruin the gambit experience. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if players weren't marked for the invader, or if the invader was marked as well. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if the Sleeper wasn't so forgiving in terms of both one shotting anything anywhere and its incredible hit detection. Not really sure all in all, but I for one am only doing Gambit for the milestone/challenges as the constant sleeper crutching invaders have made the gametype less than enjoyable.

Posting in language:

• People need to stop moaning, the game is finally in a good place and gambit is awesome (thanks bungie awesome job). If you can’t counter sleeper find a better team we don’t seem to be having to many problems. Bungie please ignore these people moaning, doesn’t matter what you do people will hate.

Posting in language:

• Totally agree. It shouldn’t one shot body anyone from any range. It needs to act like every other linear fusion rifle would in a pvp aspect. Everyone here that’s claiming it doesn’t need to be nerfed don’t know how to win a gunfight by any other means. There are rocket launchers, shotguns, snipers, and other linear fusion rifles that can one shot. The only difference is that you actually have to try and obtain some kind of experience with that preferred weapon in order to one shot or headshot someone. It’s called competitive for a reason. I think if Bungie would dial down the overall damage, but bump the precision damage high enough to counteract the overall damage reduction it would be perfect and it would still be a boss burner like it always has been and what it was always supposed to be.

Posting in language:

• Even tho I’ve gotten pretty good at killing invaders that use sleeper since it’s obvious to where they are at. It does ruin the experience because sometimes I don’t even get a shot off before I just evaporate. I’m pretty good at pvp but man that thing is disgustingly good.

Posting in language:

• Makes it -blam!-ing hard to get hc kills if the invader is being a pussy.

Posting in language:

FL0RID4 J0K3R
              FL0RID4 J0K3R

Last Wish here I come - old

Only time I have a problem with it is when being invaded. When invading I know where they are and once I see that glow I count down in my head and slide when he fires. Misses me every time.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • Sleeper isn’t ruining gambit, incompetent -blam!-ing players are ruining gambit. People not banking motes, people invading when they know they suck at PVP, not focusing on killing invaders asap. I’m an average player and am continually paired with potatoes. My desire to play is falling through the goddamn floor because of my own teams, not the other team’s invaders.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Its broken as crap, but I have just accepted it for now and use it. A decent counter is know the spawns for invaders and just hide where 5hey can't see you from far off and just wait out the invasion. Most sleeper users will just sit where they came in and try to cross map you.

Posting in language:

• I have so much to say but I won’t waste my breath. This kind of thinking is how we got the trash game that was vanilla destiny 2. I literally wish people like you would find a new game.

Posting in language:

• It’s a heavy weapon. It should one shot you. Period. Stop whining

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • I agree. Though it's a tricky problem to solve because if they change the wrong thing, it could ruin Sleeper in PvE. I think maybe the least intrusive solution would be to make Sleeper only able to one-shot if it's a headshot and to reduce its bullet magnetism and aim assist at far ranges. In theory, that should greatly reduce Sleeper's utility in Gambit, while having a very minimal impact for the rest of the game.

Posting in language:

• It’s f’n shitty when one that invades uses sleeper while the other three melt the boss with WOTW

Posting in language:

• First, fartmonkey should be forbidden. Second, remove these name tags above the players and Third, I love me some sleeper myself in gambit.... 😂😂😂

Posting in language:

• I think removing the name tag from the invaded fireteams head would solve this problem. Sleeper is not as lethal in crucible because you cannot see exactly where players are through walls, anywhere on the map. Seeing the exact location of enemy players when invading is the broken mechanic. I understand why Bungie made the decision to mark invaded fireteams, it’s so players who normally would not PvP can get kills and stay interested in gambit. But it is straight up easy mode with basically any high impact weapon. The challenge is in intuiting where an invader will drop in and moving to intercept them before they can make a play, especially if they spawn on high ground. I don’t want to see Sleeper nerfed, but I also don’t like being mapped by it the second an invader drops in because they know my exact location.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • What I dont like about it is when an invader comes in, everything goes red, and the invader is red. Drifter says "find him before he finds you" not too hard to be found when the invader knows where everyone is.

Posting in language:

• Fart monkey. Nope. Don't care about the opinion of someone who uses the name fart monkey.

Posting in language:

• Maybe have it so the Invader doesn’t get an over shield. And/or make them known where they are at. Only if they have Sleeper equipped. Or have Sleeper locked from use in Gambit.

Posting in language:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                    You are not allowed to view this content.
                    ;
                    preload icon
                    preload icon
                    preload icon