JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Alert
We are actively investigating issues impacting Destiny 2 services. Until resolved, some Destiny 2 and Bungie.net services may experience disruptions. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.

Feedback

Feedback and suggestions for Destiny 2.
Edited by Spawn: 8/10/2018 8:18:53 PM

Get rid of the revive timer in raids.

This is a cheap way to add difficulty to a raid, but COMPLETELY KILL THE OH MY GOD MOMENTS! Please upvote if you agree, maybe bungie will finally take notice and do something the PLAYERS want. [spoiler]Moderator edit: This thread has been moved to #Feedback forum so that other Destiny players can weigh in.  [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/139533839/0/0] See Cozmo's thread here[/url] for more information about the #Feedback tag and its uses. Feel free to private message the moderator who moved your post, link to topic for further clarification about why this topic was moved.[/spoiler]
English
#feedback

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• ADD difficulty? Why is it harder? lol

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

7 Replies
    • Starting to get annoyed when people post in the forums and starts saying "it's what the players want". When did you become the person to represents the hundreds of thousands of players?

Posting in language:

• I'm ok with one or the other. Either have revive tokens, or a timer. Not both.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Agree.

Posting in language:

• I still remember those sweaty moments at the warpriest where we had to two-man the DPS. Good times😁

Posting in language:

• I like the res timer because it requires everyone to actually play the game. In D1 you used to get those A-holes who would try to tell 3 people to jump off the map and die so they could just 3-man the encounter to pass it. I frigging HATE that mentality! People don't improve at the encounter unless they actually get a chance to play it. With that being said, I don't think the problem is the timer so much as it is the token. I like there being a timer you have to beat to avoid a wipe but I don't think there should be a set number of times you can revive someone.... at least in Normal mode. In Normal mode there should be timer but unlimited revives. In Prestige mode it should remain as-is with the exception that it shouldn't eat your token if you are the one revived... should only use the token of the person doing the revive. Either that or go back to no res at all in Prestige. My biggest peeve at the moment with the Raids are the Prestige Lairs with these dumb@ss loadouts and even more ridiculous modifiers. These DO NOT BELONG IN RAIDS! I won't even run a prestige when that absolute sh*t modifier "arsenal" is up....

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • Revive timers and tokens are an artificial way to increase difficulty. I thought the way D1 handled raid deaths was fine, never understood why Bungle had to fix something that was not broken. I am cool with revive timers and tokens on prestige, they make sense at the hardest level.

Posting in language:

• The raids in D1 where still challenging without it

Posting in language:

• Take it off for normal. Eliminate revives for prestige until checkpoint is cleared.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Not Salty Jimmy: 8/10/2018 4:43:09 PM
          I like the token system, but dislike the timer. Not being able to revive somebody because you’ve revived too many people? Adds a certain level of challenge and caution to a raid. Having a timer wipe the whole team because you couldn’t revive a person? Just annoying, especially when an encounter could have been completed without that person (looking at you, gauntlet).

Posting in language:

4 Replies
          • I'd also dump the tokens in normal too.

Posting in language:

• yeah I loved being able beat the raid with 3-4 dead teamates. I hate being forced to complete encounters with all teamates alive. I think they could mesh the two together. Keep the revive timer and tokens but after the timer runs out the dead player can no longer be revived. They haven't created these last few raids with the old system in mind but I do agree.

Posting in language:

• I don't raid enough to really care. But I agree some truly nail biting moments in D1 were when we were down 1 or 2 people and trying to finish a run.

Posting in language:

• The timer/token system is plain redundant in regular play. Very few teams will use up all 6 tokens per part except maybe in SoS and most parts of the raids don't require every single person to be alive (and if they do, then dying will often cause an automatic wipe anyways). Hell, in most parts of the raid you can do it fine with 4 or 5 players so that makes even less sense to punish the team for a single person dying. I just see it as artificial difficulty for first time runners.

Posting in language:

• The tokens need to go. The way revives were handled in the D1 raids were fine. The tokens in the D2 raid punish the whole team for one persons mistake.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
            • Edited by Savage_Sheep: 8/11/2018 11:52:02 PM
              I agree, maybe they'll keep the timers for leviathan and remove them in the Dreaming City raid coming in Forsaken.

Posting in language:

• YES

Posting in language:

• The revival timer should go, the older system worked better though dying in prestige is more forgiving than dying in a hard difficulty y1 raid

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • Yes, agreed. Cozmo! Where are you? Get this feedback straight to the devs please.

Posting in language:

• Didn’t know any players wanted this Prevents carrying scrubs Ppl have to actually pull their weight

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                • I never understand these requests. What do [i]you[/i] want a death to do? Nothing? Wipe? D1 standards? I dont get it. This is better than what we have had in the past. Bottom line, dont die needlessly trying to solo the left side of the Spire....pushing up way too far for no reason at all. Pisses me off just thinking about it. Ffs the enemies barely even shoot at you.

Posting in language:

13 Replies
                  • So you'ld rather have no revives at all?

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                    • This was the reason why my raid team fell apart. We were going strong for 3 years in D1 and then they add this BS feature and now I can't get them on at all.

Posting in language:

11 Replies
                      • That wipe mechanic never made sense to me. It puts so much pressure on new players, and bores the crap out of veterans who just want to get things done.

Posting in language:

• This, raids were so much better in d1 and this is one of the reasons

Posting in language:

• Get rid of timers and revive tokens. This would then allow hero moments that are even rarer in D2

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                      ;
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon