JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by ULianoIII: 8/11/2018 3:00:57 AM

Why is PERFECT PARADOX becoming Kinetic?

The grind for that weapon alone justifies keeping it at least an elemental weapon. So, my only two shotguns (Hawethornes and Paradox) which I love using up against Captains and Shielded Enemies... Are now crap.... It's probably safe to assume that they are also getting a damage Nerf. Edit: Ok so After running with it today thru some strikes and activities, I don't think I will have an issue with it becoming Kinetic. The basis of my post was because of the matching Element shield explosion. But ya I guess I am fine with it all considering Universal Remote was amazing in D1.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I foresee the next crucible map designed in a cave with a 3ft ceiling, why not, with the new shotgun meta on its way, everybody will be sliding on their knees anyway.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• 'Cause of a cannon that still doesn't shoot TRACTORS.......

Posting in language:

• The only problem I have with it is it was Saint-14s. I mean everything about him was void, He was Defender personified, But oh well as Kinetic it will do more base damage.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
    • Edited by kiLLaBiyte: 8/13/2018 6:30:28 PM
      In response to a lot of people talking about the fact that most of the weapons we are currently using in Y1 of D2 right now becoming, essentially, obsolete within the first couple of months of Forsaken - I totally agree. However, there may be some "stand-outs" to keep a tight clutch on which will continue to serve us long into Year 2 and may also continue to be "top-tier" as well. I think the only "Legendary" weapons that I can see withstanding the test of time are as follows: 1.) Midnight Coup (& D.F.A. to some degree) 2.) Inaugural Address 3.) Redrix's Claymore A couple of honorable mentions are: 3.) Motion to Suppress 4.) Relentless 5.) IKELOS SMG/SG/SR The reason I feel these guns have "staying" power, is mostly due to the fact that they all have multiple "Special Perks" that are essentially the equivalent of a "God-Roll" come Forsaken. Midnight Coup with Rampage + Outlaw is a prime example of this. Guns in Forsaken will come with a chance to roll "two" Special Perks, such as Rampage + Outlaw - because of this, if you currently have a gun that has only "one" Special Perk, then it is almost guaranteed to fall behind any gun that comes after it in Forsaken. For Example - Origin Story has Rampage and is one of the best Kinetic Auto Rifles in Y1 D2, but in Forsaken, an Auto Rifle of that same Archetype may have a chance to roll with Rampage AND Outlaw (similar to Midnight Coup) and suddenly Origin Story has become nearly obsolete to the new-found gold standard. So, when considering which guns have "staying power" through Forsaken, you'll want to consider it's Special Perks and how many of those it has access to. Even this, however, is not a guarantee that that weapon will remain valid, but it is your best bet at this point. As far as Exotic Weapons go, I believe they will stay about the same and will continue to serve the niches that we need them for. I doubt any of them will get any "worse" or better really. So if it's good now, it'll still be good in Forsaken, and if it's kinda "meh" now, some of the TTK changes may make them more profitable. But it's only looking positive for Exotics thankfully. What does this mean? Well, if you take a good look at the weapons we currently have access to, a majority of the ones that have the "staying potential" that I mentioned above, are locked behind specific content, such Raid and Trials content. So, if you haven't started to work on that content, now might be the best time to start if you want to get a weapon that already has "God-Roll" standard perks and will continue to keep up with, and possibly exceed, the new weapons that Forsaken will bring. Also note, that I feel a lot of the Trials and Raid weapons do indeed have that "staying" potential, as they all have access to double special perks. So, basically, consider them "listed" above. Anyways, just my thoughts on the subject and a heads up to anyone who still needs to do that content.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
      • To have something very readily available for the OHK shoulder chargers that will soon be plaguing pvp. Smart move on bungies behalf. Right up there with having GL destroy guardian centipedes that can’t survive without teamshooting

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        • I’m just unhappy my Baligant is going to kinetic :(((((

Posting in language:

• Good luck for PvP player

Posting in language:

• Looks to me like they want’d to seal off the most powerful shotguns from being combo’d with Tractor Cannon.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • Why is silicon neuroma kinetic?

Posting in language:

• i think it will be great as kinetic, better than it is now.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • Does anyone realize you can combine the Ikelos smg and perfect paradox to take out shielded enemies?

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                Combat Mind
                Combat Mind

In Sleep Mode, but turned on... - old

I mean, we’re basically getting a better 4th Horseman in the Kinetic slot. I don’t think it’ll be all that bad.

Posting in language:

• God forbid we kill the enemy's they put in front of us to quickly.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                • Its kinetic most likely for the same reason as the ep shotty being locked to solar: to keep people from stacking it with tractor cannon

Posting in language:

• You do realise that kinetic weapons deal 10% more damage to non shielded enemies, so it’s a net buff [b][i]technically. [/i][/b]

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                  • This could be a good thing. Being in the Kinetic slot means that there is always going to be ammo there for it ( especially in PVE ). It’s also a Legendary Weapon so you can pair it with some interesting Exotics.

Posting in language:

• Edited by DuoMaxwell: 8/11/2018 5:55:39 PM
                    *Thanos finger snap* All better?

Posting in language:

• Edited by Nessa for Life: 8/11/2018 6:55:59 AM
                    RIP Hawthorne's Field Forged Shotgun My definite favorite PvE shotgun, maybe even of all time even though I loved Found Verdict.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                    • One Word RAMPAGE

Posting in language:

• Considering that Perfect Paradox has rampage on it, I doubt that’s a bad thing. Having a shotgun primary with rampage? I’m pretty sure that’s what Saint-14 would’ve wanted from us

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                      • Because bungie sucks and hates fun, also bungie hates us.

Posting in language:

• Loved universal remote back in D1, ran on my defender Titan with no back up plans.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                        • I'm blaming Hilary. And the NRA.

Posting in language:

• Perfect paradox was never a void dependant shotgun anyway. All you had to do was kill two or three low levels in the crowd and then pump those charged shots into the biggest enemy as their health bar gets blown to pieces. A great crowd shotgun, and it'll never really get worse than it is now.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • Bungie caught onto the fact, we would have 1 of each element That simply won't do Their chaotic wisdom strikes again !

Posting in language:

• I would like invective.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon