JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
5/16/2018 4:52:50 PM

Glowing Hive rune at the end of Nightfall

Anyone notice a glowing red/orange Hive rune right before you drop down into the arena for the Nokris fight? I was able to shoot it and get some damage numbers but by the time I was trying to investigate one of the other guys had pulled me to the boss fight. It’s up on a wall I think on the right side as you’re descending.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Edited by aboodQ70: 5/20/2018 7:21:55 AM
    They are all over the place on Titan you can shoot them and get a damage number but nothing happens. Also shoot any paper beside trash cans and the same will happen. Don't waste your time.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Read your post and me an a clan mate went to investigate. We shot every one that we could visibly see. I’m not sure 100% if there was a noise when they were shot. But the runes after being shot just ran down the tunnel and in to the boss room, I didn’t have chance to see if they were scannable as it’s a bit hectic down there. I checked my inventory after and there wasn’t anything different from before. The runes do take damage and there is visible damage numbers when shot. As to what they are for I have no idea

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • give us the spindle or we blow the ship

Posting in language:

4 Replies
      • They don't mean anything...it would be content and that's a no-no.

Posting in language:

• ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED 😱

Posting in language:

• Edited by Kemaleon: 5/17/2018 12:05:59 PM
        To support your theory: If you dismantled the Black Hammer at the end of D2 year 1 then you got a rune stone, this acted as a [url=https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3m37fc/the_black_hammer_runestone_is_definitely_just_a/]Cryptic map[/url] directing us from the Taniks strike to find the Black Spindle. So its not beyond the realms of imagination that Bungie have hidden the new Black Spindle in a strike and are using runes as clues. Perhaps we need to look for alternative routes, the first time in Nokris strike that you encounter the Orb Knights and Crystals there is an odd patch of wall just before the door you open with the orbs. Just a thought, definitely worth investigating. [spoiler]Additional supporting fact: Technically Oryx kicked Nokris out, so neither he NOR Taniks had a house! Coincidence? [/spoiler]

Posting in language:

6 Replies
        • These things were also in destiny 1. And nothing was ever connected with them.

Posting in language:

• Wait wait wait! Did Bungie bring Spindle to this watered down dumb down game? [spoiler]Please tell me they didn't! lol.[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

11 Replies
          • There are multiple damageable glowing rocks in the room with the boss encounter.

Posting in language:

• I’m sure it means something because I only found it starting in the tunnel that leads down to Nokris and some of them are sorta hidden. Idk though I found like 7ish and nothing happened. Maybe when it’s nightfall.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
            • I would literally pmsl IF the Spindle quest was tied to the PS4 only strike. The world would disappear up its own -blam!- IF that were to happen 😂 I can just see the posts on forums/reddit and the Noobtube Videos from Ralph and the brother dimm/Yong Yeahbaby/Jim too dim to be a Sterling fella et al decrying how Bungie has snuck into their houses and stolen the sperm from their spunk sock 🤣

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • I noticed them, there are atleast 2 in the boss room so it's not like you can go into some other secret area during the mission, unless it's after the boss. they all have the same rune on them so it's not some letter message or anything. tbh I think it's just a fun little thing to hit

Posting in language:

• These? http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/bookgoblin/screenshot/8893279

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                • There's a couple in the boss room too, we wiped the first time cuz I spotted them and started looking for more lol.

Posting in language:

• That's a hive egg. Like on Titan. Fun Fact: if you Melee or head shot Acolytes, they can sometimes turn into 2 little greenish worms that disappear after a while, or you can shoot them. I wonder what it means...

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                  • There are alot of those little pulsing things with red runes on them around Titan, and yes you can shoot them and get hit markers.. So one in the strike doing the same doesnt surprise me.

Posting in language:

• Go in solo as a hunter with invis. get to rune and shoot it. Then tell us what happened.

Posting in language:

• Hmm. Worth the investigation. Who knows, maybe it’s tied into getting a certain exotic sniper?

Posting in language:

11 Replies
                    • im pretty sure that they are just those hive 'eggs' that you've seen on titan. y'know, the ones that can get damaged and then pop out? you can play through the mission with ikora, i believe, and look for it yourself at your own pace.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • Ohh baby that’s got to have something to do with black spindle

Posting in language:

• Those are on titan too in the hive pub area dont think they mean anything

Posting in language:

• Can you post a screen shot or video? I just ran through the night fall and don’t fell like doing it again

Posting in language:

• Edited by CAUTION i TRY: 5/17/2018 12:39:29 AM
                        I guess you never went to titan then... 😂🤣😂 there are hundreds of them there. Lol.

Posting in language:

• In the caverns are doors with the three typical runes we opend so often in the hell mouth, but visible from the wrong side. I wonder how and when we can open them.

Posting in language:

• what's the story mission called?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • Posted this further down as a reply, but definitely worth a watch regarding info on the Black Spindle :- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PxYDOTxfyNE, the possibilities of being linked to this strike ? hmmmm 🤔 [spoiler]to be sure 3 guardian's will be investigating on the morrow 😂😂😂[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                        ;
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        preload icon