JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
3/14/2018 2:31:09 AM
Puck

Stacks of shaders

I realize I am probably an idiot, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to delete a whole stack of shaders.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• At the moment you can only delete shaders on at a time.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

22 Replies
    • You aren't. Handy trick is you can stuff a WHOLE STACK of shaders in the vault. So the 666 Atlanta Wash you have can now be sent to the back of the vault, never to be seen again.

Posting in language:

• Thats because its a d2 y2 feature, in 9 months you'll be able to.

Posting in language:

• The best part about this is Rahool loads you up with hundreds of the ugliest shaders imaginable. I think this is an intentional joke from Bungie.

Posting in language:

• Pay someone €5 to do it for you.

Posting in language:

• You must be new to D2, you can only delete them one at a time. Bungie can’t figure out how to mass delete them. Maybe they’re waiting to implement it in a DLC so we can pay for it.

Posting in language:

• We hope that Bungie will fix this game, but they can’t even figure out how to take care of this problem. I heard once that they could not figure out how to mass delete shaders and allow us to get back the correct materials, Heck. I would gladly mass delete those commons of mine and get nothing in return other than free spaces.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Welcome to Destiny 2. I haven't played in 6 months and the only thing I miss is hoping this game would get better.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • Yeah it’s a pain,just delete as much a possible while in orbit. Maybe there should be an auto delete option for the green common shaders.

Posting in language:

• hold x for 3 secs n repeat a thousands times n a whole hour wasted lol

Posting in language:

• This question deals more damage than any harsh criticism/rant/insightful commentary/Forbes article ever could. The innocence behind it, to the point that one believes the solution is so obvious that you must be stupid not the game. This is peak destiny 2 in a nutshell

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Remember when you would earn a shader and then just [i]have[/i] that shader? No need to delete.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
            • Destiny endgame activity: [spoiler]Deleting all blue, green and unwanted legendary shaders.[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• Not only is Creating Content hard, so is Coding features like this (for bungie at least). All that needs to happen is they check what you will get from dissembling a stack of shaders against your inventory. So if deleting a particular Shader gives you 25 Glimmer, you calculate how much cap they have (Max amount you can hold - minus current amount you have = Glimmer Cap) and then divide the Cap by the amount you get per item, which is the maximum number of items you can dissemble. Then you pop up a window which only allows them to delete up that number of items and explain that you would exceed your Glimmer maximum if you deleted more. Unless they are coding directly in 64 bit binary (instead of higher level languages), they should be able to code this in the time it took me to describe the above and test it in a day before passing it to Q&A for final approval.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
              • Lol if you're kidding. Lol if you're not.

Posting in language:

• Aw, man, get ready for some Avalon Teal loading screen deletion marathons.

Posting in language:

• Edited by X30nShaun: 3/14/2018 11:05:49 PM
                Wouldn’t that be convenient

Posting in language:

• I haven’t played for a bit and I don’t have to delete shaders ez fix

Posting in language:

• Is that a leaked quote from bungie's team?

Posting in language:

• Yeah...........me neither...........😅

Posting in language:

• They need to go back to the old shader system. Infact just stop adding to d2 and start putting content into d1.

Posting in language:

• i believe bungie's reasoning behind this is that you receive materials when dismantling shaders. so lets say you are close to max glimmer, so close that if you were to delete a stack of 75 shaders at once you would be loosing out on some of that ever coveted glimmer. i honestly wouldn't care at all about loosing out on glimmer but I think some shaders can dismantle into other, potentially more valuable materials.

Posting in language:

• shaders were made this way because bungie wanted them to massively dilute the loot pools along with all the trash mods with 8 currencies all going towards 100% RNG lootboxes, bungie wanted it to take us a LONG time to get the loot we want thus the shader and mod trash

Posting in language:

• Yet another change from D1 that I HATE! Sigh.

Posting in language:

• Neither can Bungie. Single use shaders. Yet another “What the -blam!- was Bungie thinking?” I like being able to apply different shaders to different individual pieces, but making them consumables is yet another decision that leads me to believe no one at Bungie actually plays video games.

Posting in language:

• You didn’t hear? Shaders are the end game content in D2. Spending an hour deleting a stack of shaders is suppose to be as fun as a raid according to bungie.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
              ;
              preload icon
              preload icon
              preload icon