JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
2/12/2018 2:39:57 PM

Will the last one to leave please turn off The Light?

Apparently interest in playing this game is fading fast so whoever leaves last, please turn off the Traveler's Light and let it migrate to someplace where they might care.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• For the record: I created this topic as kind of a snarky troll comment on the amount of negativity I keep reading and hearing about the state of D2 in these and other forums and from the various streamers I routinely consume on YouTube. For those of you who have pointed out that I don't know what I'm talking about regarding the numbers, or lack thereof, of people who routinely play this game, you are correct. I don't know those numbers. What I do know is anecdotal. Most of the friends I have on the Playstation Network I've friended through D1, strikes, raids, nightfalls etc. These are people I've met through a mutual appreciation of D1. Almost none of those people are now playing D2. My clan is pretty close to full and yet each time I log in, none of those people are currently playing and in fact, most of them haven't played in weeks. That's indisputable. There is real and palpable anger and frustration with the state of D2 now. The fact well that over 200 people have bumped this post at last count is a pretty good indication of that. I didn't come at Destiny through having been a Halo player. Never owned an Xbox, never played Halo. But what I do sense is that many of those who are so angry and frustrated with where Destiny now stands is that they do have a connection with Bungie through Halo and that anger and frustration is because they feel Bungie has failed to live up to what the achieved with Halo. They've been massively let down. I hear it from the streamers I regularly watch and from so many of the threads I see in forums. What's so frustrating for me is that Destiny's devs have created a game that has some of the best FPS mechanics available which are being wasted on a game which is so frustratingly unrewarding and not a whole lot of fun to play. That's very aggravating and truly frustrating. When I log in to Destiny now, I do so only to enjoy those mechanics but the things I do while experiencing the mechanics are routinely boring, frustratingly unrewarding and simply not very much fun. In short, the excellent mechanics are not worth the price I've paid for this game and the devs have failed address that and have failed to come up with a satisfying solution.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

6 Replies
    • Instructions not clear. Got my dick stuck in the door while walking to the trash can to put this game in.

Posting in language:

• That is the Darkness’ master plan to take over. To bore us to death on D2 so all guardians just stop participating..... well played

Posting in language:

• I'm Randy.

Posting in language:

• Try Monster Hunter, it’s awesome. Or Warframe if you want a similar but much better game.

Posting in language:

• You’re here making a failing joke about the game. Clearly you still care enough to be on the forums. I didn’t see anyone talking about the division a few weeks later, everyone just left because of how shallow it was at the end. Destiny 2’s has problems since the first couple days and still sooooo many people complain and whine. Just saying, clearly a lot of people still care

Posting in language:

9 Replies
      • It's the right thing to do.

Posting in language:

• Haha this actually made me laugh Bravo

Posting in language:

• Enough of us have battered wife syndrome. We still play everyday because we love destiny. It's just that destiny stopped loving us and we don't know how to move on.

Posting in language:

35 Replies
        • I CAN'T BECAUSE BUNGIE GOT RID OF LIGHTSWITCH

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • You guys are so weird. All you do is say it's done, but....but...but....YOU'RE IN HERE!!

Posting in language:

9 Replies
            • Edited by AlieN_x_HuMaN: 2/13/2018 11:39:29 PM
              Turning the lights off Grants you iluminated energy Eluminated energy can be converted into Phosphorus dust Fast for us dust can be converted into luminescent shards 5 Luminescent shards can be used to purchase one ever verse Gift of the bulb One gift of the bulb as a chance to drop luminescent engrams Gift of the bulb luminescent and grams have a chance to drop something you actually want The one thing that you actually want has a 0.01% chance of dropping from luminescent engrams from luminescent bulbs from Bulb shards or whatever the h*** we called them in the last 3 paragraphs You can also purchase whatever you want with silver but those engrams have a 0.001% chance of dropping anything you actually want versus something you want the want percent is different from the percent of actually want see the help section for more details Details from the help section can be found through helpful Engrams Helpful in grams have a 0.16% chance of dropping actual helpful information Helpful information has a 0.5% chance of dropping something that you can actually use to better yourself in the game There is a 99.5% chance that you will get Jack Shit [spoiler] Stop the madness[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

4 Replies
              • Haha. More like pour gas and toss a match on the way out

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Huh... thought this was going to be craftier considering a re occurring thing in the halo games was like after reaching a certain section (usually at the end of the game) You get “last one out turn off the lights”

Posting in language:

• Edited by Smith5084: 2/14/2018 2:43:46 AM
                  It’s a loot based game where all of the loot that they are adding is purely cosmetic... People don’t grind for loot because they want to look pretty, they grind for loot so they can become more powerful. Bungie removing the prospect of obtaining “god roll” weapons has killed the replayability of the game. No one is going to grind for hours for shaders, ghosts, and sparrows... The fact that Bungie still seems to insist on sticking with this model leaves me absolutely dumbfounded. You’d think by now that they would just come out and admit that they made a mistake, and start taking steps to fix it.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  • Nah... It feels pretty cozy here, I think I'm gonna stay.

Posting in language:

• No, run that light bill up.

Posting in language:

• Since I’m always the last to find out ..................... I’ll try to remember this .... wouldn’t want to run up a power bill for bungie lol😁

Posting in language:

• Yeah actually this is a legit request. I'd like to see more of the Darkness. Had enough of happy tales about noble guardians. Let my guardian turn heel for a while. Let me fight for the Deep. Fxck the Traveler. What's it gonna do? Abandon our asses as soon as it wakes up like it did the Eliksni?

Posting in language:

• I’m in the forums more than the game... why!?

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                    • I check up on the forum to get updates but so far nothing has made me play since the last faction rally all I wanted was the NM lion gear for it all then stopped playing again Iron Banner n Crimson didn’t appeal to me. When the DLC comes out I’ll play again as it came with the game but I doubt I’ll buy the DLC after because of Red Dead coming out later this year plus the free content for MHW that will be coming aswell.

Posting in language:

• In other news the playerbase for destiny 1 continues to grow

Posting in language:

• Too many fanboys. Cancer.

Posting in language:

21 Replies
                      • I'm sure it's a clapper. Won't take long.

Posting in language:

• This post made me very sad. Then mad. Phuck Bungie.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • Light is non canon

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                          You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon