JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
12/7/2017 2:12:48 AM

IGN ROASTED DESTINY 2

IGN roasted the new DLC in its recent review. All of it spot on. Bungie get your friggen act together! http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/12/07/destiny-2-curse-of-osiris-review
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

View Entire Topic
  • Quite rightly so they got roasted. They have ruined a perfectly good game to TRY and turn it into an eSports (hence the removal of random rolls to address 'balancing' issues). Destiny 1 Rise of Iron was the pinnacle of Destiny which, quite frankly, was up there with the greatest experience in gaming I've ever had personally. That is what Destiny 2 should've built on but instead changed mostly everything to cater for the 'casuals' which I don't like using that term because each to their own, not everyone has the time to put into Destiny but that's part of the experience and that's what you sign-up for when you buy the game - that sweaty RNG grind. Instead the guns are boring, exotics are underwhelming (minus Prometheus Lens, which by the way needs nerfed) and no incentive to play the game as there is nothing to achieve from it. Just to clarify what I mean by nerfing Prometheus Lens as I mentioned 'underwhelming exotics'. Prometheus Lens kills in like 1.5 seconds which makes it near impossible to outplay (unless you're in super, have power ammo or team shoot). All other exotics are meh. The introduction of the new DLC exotics add a bit of 'greatness' to exotics again, which is a step in the right direction. The game as a whole is just bland, boring and as someone had Bungie said (can't remember who), "players gobble up content faster than we can create it." Which is true but the difference between lack of content and having something to do was what Destiny 1 had down to a tee. No NEW content? That's fine, I'll grind strikes for a specific weapon with a specific roll. Let's raid today as I want that pulse rifle from Oryx with firefly (again can't remember the name of it due to how long a took a break from this game). Bungie really need to rethink their next move and a start would be taking the good from Destiny 1 and adding it into Destiny 2. (Just my opinion).

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

7 Replies
    You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon