JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by TonyTorzido: 12/7/2017 7:11:21 AM
TonyTorzido
TonyTorzido

Hello, Bungie. I know you read this. old

Prometheus Lens: How an Exotic Should Feel

Don’t nerf. Buff everything up to it. Looks great! Edit: This is the first time in a while people are grinding hard as heck for an exotic. It shows how EXOTICS should feel. Strong and powerful. The steady stream of nerfs has turned D1, a fast paced game with single outplay potential, to D2, a team pea shooter. Stop advocating for nerfs instead of buffs. This is what’s killing the game. Edit 2: “It’s bugged, dummy.” No duh. That’s why it’s fun to use. It reminds many of the quick time to kills in D1. Hopefully the PvE community doesn’t see this gun go down the drain because of us whiny PvP kids.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• No thank you! While I wouldn't mind the TTK being brought back to D1 era, this thing is just a bit much. I'll permenantly pass on the crucible if the general TTK gets brought down to this low for "Primary" weapons. Exotics need more spice, but this isn't the route to go in my honest opinion. However "This is how exotics should feel" and "Buff everything up to it" is an oxymoron. If exotics don't feel great because they're not better than legendarily, buffing everything to match Prometheus lens won't make exotics feel exotic, the status quo will remain the same.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Edited by DracoGlacies: 12/11/2017 10:03:45 AM
    Are you serious? [spoiler]I'm top 1 percent pvper and[/spoiler] I can tell you the gun is broken. Who are the monkeys upvoting this? PVE I couldn't care less, but for PVP I litterally can't play it right now when I want to. Which is a shame. Update: Played trials over the weekend... I won just as much as i usually do. And went flawless. It just wasn't fun in my opinion and I'm done with crucible until Tuesday. Also added a spoiler to cover up my placement in trails because it so clearly upset many people for some reason.

Posting in language:

158 Replies
    • I think they should patch it, but leave it with at least some awesomeness. And bring the other exotics up as well, so they they're "oh wow look what I got" instead of "I guess I could infuse this into my Uriel's Gift" Problems with Crucible balance? Nope. Simple solution: BAN LEGENDARY AND EXOTIC WEAPONS IN COMPETITIVE CRUCIBLE MATCHES! Why does this help? I'll explain for all three weapon types: EXOTIC WEAPONS: By removing them from competitive Crucible, efforts to limit exotic effectiveness become instantly irrelevant. Bungie can create Gjallarhorns again, and Invectives, Ice Breakers, Thorns, Mythoclasts, and an endless array of new gold guns that will have you jumping with joy when they drop in your lap. And, new exotics can be powerd up, turning from banal non-entities to enemy-shredding death machines that will fulfill the player power fantasy in the best possible way. LEGENDARY WEPAONS: By removing these guns from competitive Crucible, there is no longer any need to force unwanted static rolls on them. Bungie can have vendors sell versions with decent rolls, but you can also have much more amazing versions drop into your lap. And Masterwork weapons become potentially even more awe-inspiring: they are the beginning of customizable wepaons. Why wait for a so-called "god roll" to drop randomly when you can create your own? With these guns locked out of the Crucible, there are no OP concerns anymore, so every player can have the gun they want. RARE WEAPONS: These guns suddenly become the best thing you can use in PvP. Suddenly, when a Refrain or a Prophet Snow drops into your lap, you may not want to just dismantle it without thinking... you may want to load up a PvP match and give it a try. And since these weapons and armor would maintain their set statrolls, the most competitive Crucible matches would still be precisely balanced.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • But I love killing others in 2 seconds or less across map have you seen pvp it sounds like the IMAX showing up ITS LITERALLY LIT AF BOI.

Posting in language:

• Quick time to kills removes any mid battle tactical thinking, what if you want to put up a shield? What if you want to use a damage ward? Where is the variance in the battles?

Posting in language:

• So broken, overpowered and entirely destructive to the game environment? Sounds wonderful and very useful to have with no potential for damaging the game world.

Posting in language:

• i fixed the title for you Prometheus Lens: How an Exotic Should Feel [spoiler]in TonyTorzido's ass [/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• When it comes to PVE, an overpowered weapon isn't all that big of a deal. However, when it comes to PVP, it can be a deal breaker and this is the case here. Winning PVP, any kind of PVP match or Trials of the Nine now just comes down to which team has the most members with this weapon. That takes all the skill and fun away from PVP. So I've decided to no longer participate in any PVP activity until this is fixed. It completely destroys PVP balance and the best way for us as a community to show this, is to simply no longer participate in any PVP activity and stick to PVE only. I've strongly defended Destiny 2 from start up to and until this expansion, but this kind balancing, I can no longer defend, I'm sorry.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
        • Edited by RedWarning: 12/7/2017 3:50:31 PM
          Can't believe this post got nearly 400 upvotes. Prometheus lens requires zero aim skills and you got about 1,5 seconds to react to it. Crucible is reduced to # of people with Prometheus lens to win.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
          • Must get heavy nerf yesterday... PvP feel cheap and low skill Disable it from PvP util bug is resolved, people abusing game to gain advantage..thats against EULA Its low skill high yield weapon, death comes in 00000.1 nano second when someone beam you

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • It doesn't require much skill to get kills with it in pvp. It Ruined actual skill it takes to be good. Players who are usually not very good pvp players are running around wrecking shop. It needs to be nerfed just a bit for pvp.

Posting in language:

• if i wanna play with a laser i‘m going to play battlefront. They should remove the lens; no skill in pvp needed?

Posting in language:

• Forgot that time this game was D1. this is -blam!-ing awful right now. Crucible is a waste of time usually. and this makes it even worse.

Posting in language:

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03BemY2r9kE

Posting in language:

• Bumping this. Definitely agree with the faster time to kill. Because of this weapon i usually see some fast paced gameplay now and not sitting back with the teammates like 80% of the time. Not as fast as this definitely, this is some CoD level fast, i still prefer gunplay so tweak it where its not TOO TOO fast.

Posting in language:

• 1/10 for effort, p1ss poor troll tbh.

Posting in language:

• I agreee it’s awesome and I’ve gone and wrecked teams that all had Prometheus so if everyone has it and you loose well that’s on you not the gun.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Arctris: 12/9/2017 2:17:30 AM
              I just had a rage fest in trails over it. I hate this gun and I hate owning it and I'm glad it will be nerfed next week. This gun has potential to be something good but right now its just too much, it makes the game unbalanced and I would rather spit up my own organs then say that the gun at it's current state on this day December 12th, 2017 is balanced and fair in PVP. Edit: I also hope you aren't serious in this post.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Ser ANutz: 12/7/2017 8:21:05 PM
              Sorry, no. I got the Prometheus Lens to drop last night. I had to give it a go to find out what everyone was talking about. It's true, the gun is OP as can be. I'm a sh*t PvP player- my efficiency score is 1.53- but not with this weapon. I was ripping fools to shreds, and ended up with a 16.0 efficiency score. Nobody stood a chance against my bright red death laser. I died exactly once in the match, and that was because I RAN OUT OF AMMO mid gunfight. As in, I used the gun so much I completely depleted the magazine. Now, did I feel good about This? Powerful? No, I felt guilty. Dirty. The opposing team stood no chance against us, simply due to the existence of this gun, and I ruined that game for the opposing team. I won't be using it in PvP again.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
              • People who call this gun broken are fun Nazí's

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • So Exotics should feel broken and be "crutches" for you to have fun. You suck balls at PvP. Got it.

Posting in language:

13 Replies
                  • Holy shit go play cod

Posting in language:

• I also think its pretty fun, but making everything equally as powerful results in a higher ttk and no net gain in fun factor. Also i feel like a higher ttk takes away from the feel bungie was trying to create by adding 4v4. If anything though i think making specifically exotics nearly as powerful as this (like thorn, TLW, D1 Mida, pre nerf Suros) would be okay if the exotics were fairly equal in power but also unique in function.

Posting in language:

• Exploit a bug and depend on an advantage over others? Why don't you just join the crowd and complain how D2 forces pvp players to have gun skills now instead of relying on abilities.

Posting in language:

• Keep PvP and pve separate and problem solved.

Posting in language:

• No need to Nerf or buff thanks to my boi xur

Posting in language:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                  You are not allowed to view this content.
                  ;
                  preload icon
                  preload icon
                  preload icon