JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

1/9/2005 5:05:53 AM
ODST27

Sigma Octantis

I just found something interesting, and it relates to Halo (I am perrity sure).Ok on [url=http://www.space.com/spacewatch/confounding_questions_021025-5.html]this[/url] website, it says that there is a Sigma Octantis. Is that the same as the Sigma Ocantis system in the books or am i mistaken? And if it is, is other Halo star systems real too?
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Its related. Just like how J.K. Rowling got most of her names and stuff from actual plants or stars or whatever. If you really look into it, you will find a lot in books are related to actual stuff.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Any Halo related material belongs in either The Library or New Mombasa. Please read all rules and regulations at the top of most Forums before posting.
    Add more answer options

• I just learned that the Epsilon Eridani System is real too! Epsilon Eridani is a star with planets around it, so then Reach is real too!!! but it isn't called Reach.
    Add more answer options

• Halo ties into quite a bit of real stuff, like the names of w/e(ex. Covenent, prophet, athens ect...
    Add more answer options

• [url=http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Octant] The base of the word is real although. [/url]
    Add more answer options

• Well, Sigma is the Eighteenth Letter of the Greek Alphabet, and Octanus is a made up word. So, I don't know. I don't think so though, but damn close.
    Add more answer options

• OoOoOoo coincidence?
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.