JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

#Halo

4/16/2004 1:11:42 AM

Grenades(not like that poll that was just posted..)

Alright im assuming that 90% of the people here have seen the E3 demo...again and agian. The thing im going to be writing about is the grenades. Who here thought that the grenades in Halo one were MUCH cooler looking? When the chief throws his grenade at the three from the ledge above them, it looks like a firecracker went off, it barely looks like there is any debris. Reasons for this could be: (Best case) The grenade exploded over pavement, that is why there isnt a lot of dust kick-up, or they just dont have all graphical features turned on (worst case) they downgraded grenades to make them more realistic or something uncool. However it turns out im positive Bungie will always make the right decision, and I know Halo 2 is going to be an AMAZING game.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• oh, and if your talking about my grenade post... I didn't "just post it" btw =P
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• hey mabee it is because they created a completely new engine for H2 Therefore the old granades might not have been used in the new E3 demo
    Add more answer options

• nice point... i dont know all i know is that it didnt look very nice in the demo
    Add more answer options

• How would downgrading the grenades be more realistic? If you threw a grenade at your feet it wouldn't make you jump higher, it would blow off the bottom half of your body.
    Add more answer options

• the general grunt accidentally shot himself with the pistol...and they all got discouraged
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] RotateMan YOU CANT SCARE GRUNTS SPARTAN, they are fearless soldiers with nerves of iron and b@11s of steel! the MC is in fact trembling in his MJOLNIR suit at the site of a grunt, for he knows that a well trained grunt is a lethal killing machine waiting to go of...it is a matter of time before we all see the grunts fury![/quote] funny Actualy in the first book a ferocious group of 5,000 grunts charge fearlessly towards blue team. (1000 to one odds, no wonder they charged fearlessly) Then the spartans blew the crap out of them with the lotus mines sweet
    Add more answer options

• Bungie ain't stupid. They'll make the big bang gernade!
    Add more answer options

• You missed the real reason: The E3 demo was done with an alpha build of the Halo 2 engine, and many components, textures and animations included, were missing or nonexistant at the time. This is the same reason for the Brute that just stood there and waited for the melee combo after hopping off the warthog, the demo was not complete.
    Add more answer options

• I know what you mean. A lot of the explosions didn't look very big but I'm sure Bungie knows what they're doing.
    Add more answer options

• Or that was a year ago and they did not have that programed yet. Also a grenade should have less dust when used on concrete than dirt, just like in Halo.
    Add more answer options

• YOU CANT SCARE GRUNTS SPARTAN, they are fearless soldiers with nerves of iron and b@11s of steel! the MC is in fact trembling in his MJOLNIR suit at the site of a grunt, for he knows that a well trained grunt is a lethal killing machine waiting to go of...it is a matter of time before we all see the grunts fury!
    Add more answer options

• The best case sounds good to me, thats a detail that Bungie would add.
    Add more answer options

• or... It is the new Pattended fire cracker granade To scare the crap out of teh grunts
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.