JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
We are continuing to investigate issues of players encountering BEAVER error codes when attempting to play Destiny. Stand by for updates.

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

8/25/2014 1:59:06 PM

Will your race influence the campaign story?

Just curious, but does your race selection influence how the story progress?
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I hope the reef awoken are super arrogant when dealing with awoken pcs.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Nope
    Add more answer options

• Its a confirmed no after reading the Destiny Newsweek, Page 20
    Add more answer options

• Edited by washboat: 9/2/2014 3:22:43 AM
    Hopefully all Awoken characters get shot in the head Carmine style when entering the Reef. Then I'll get to drink the tears of all the gamers who thought playing as a smurf was a good idea.
    Add more answer options

10 Replies
    • I doubt it, but it would be nice for NPC's to AC differently according to your race and not just class.
      Add more answer options

• That's racist!
      Add more answer options

According to everything released so far, there is back story related to each race that we will discover. It won't actually influence your play, but should make it more interesting.
      Add more answer options

• I feel like it might do something in the reef, but I can't imagine anything major.
      Add more answer options

1 Reply
      • I thought the same thing when I saw the trailer with the awoken leader/queen saying we owe her. I thought maybe she be more kind to another awoken . But I doubt it , still would add more enjoyment to playing through the game 3 times
        Add more answer options

1 Reply
        • From what I saw in the beta, some npcs may comment on your race, kind of like in Skyrim, but I don't think it will really effect the story at all.
          Add more answer options

• Nope, purely cosmetic (:
          Add more answer options

1 Reply
          • Thankfully no.
            Add more answer options

• Why you always gotta make it about race?
            Add more answer options

preload icon
          preload icon
          preload icon
          You are not allowed to view this content.