JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

Edited by Killa Kowalski: 8/19/2014 6:34:49 PM

Newsweek THE OFFICIAL COLLECTOR'S EDITION

I just went to my local 24-7 Walgreens here in the great state of Texas. As I was going to checkout; I saw on shelf a magazine with the words "Destiny", and the three familiar figures of a Titan, Hunter and Warlock. My mouth opened... I just walked over and took it; flipped through the pages and saw that all 60 pages of it are a strategy guide, and I just walked to the counter and said to the cashier "Take off all my other items, I only have enough for this." He asked what I was referring to and I showed him the magazine... He tells me "You are going to sacrifice orange juice and protein bars for that..." I then proceeded to at first explain the game then why it was so important. I said "It's from the creators of Halo and..." He cut me off with "What's Halo?" I went silent and blank faced; I gave him a cold death stare, proceeded through checkout and headed home... Here I am 15 minutes later telling you all of this before I delve into this wonderful piece of work... Thank you Bungie, I realize I spent more money then required for Destiny... For Christ sakes though, it's "From the Creators of HALO".
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Can't believe he doesent know what halo is lol, was definitely a good trade off for the 60 page guide tho! :)
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

1 Reply
    • Sorry dude I couldn't help reading this in a southern accent once you said you were from Texas haha but yeah I'd probably buy that magazine too
      Add more answer options

1 Reply
      • I want to be Hunter according to [url=https://imgur.com/a/bv7y8/noscript]Bungie guy[/url]: Cannon for PvP (where the shots count) Scout rifle for PvE Sniper explorer Patrols <.<
        Add more answer options

• How much did it cost for you without tax? I may get one
        Add more answer options

1 Reply
        • Got my hands on this today also. Took me 5 stops to just find. Barnes and Noble looked at me like I was crazy. End up finding it at Walgreens also. After awhile of looking for it I stopped caring about the mag and more about just finding it.
          Add more answer options

4 Replies
          • I'm trying to source one of these (I'm in the UK), anyone know of a US retailer that ships internationally?
            Add more answer options

5 Replies
            • I'm getting the giddys reading through it!
              Add more answer options

• Guys, anything you get from those guides, you can get for free on the internets, unless it makes you feel like a pro or something lol
              Add more answer options

8 Replies
              • So does this guide actually have any new useful information?
                Add more answer options

2 Replies
                • #walgreens #throwinuptheW
                  Add more answer options

1 Reply
                  • Dude you're like my role model
                    Add more answer options

1 Reply
                    • (ಠ_ಠ) Are you mad?! You sacrificed ORANGE JUICE?! JUICE?! WHY?!
                      Add more answer options

4 Replies
                      • I've never played Halo sadly but the name is well known through out the gamers... He must not play
                        Add more answer options

4 Replies
                        • oj and protein bars are over rated and not really needed... its just a lie by the massive juice industrial complex
                          Add more answer options

19 Replies
                          • Wait, what kind of guide is this? Like an official Brady Games guide? Can we haz a pic pl0x? My interest is peeked!
                            Add more answer options

13 Replies
                              It's a must-buy. At least until The Art of Destiny and the Official Collector's Edition Game Guide arrive...
                              Add more answer options

1 Reply
                              • Why couldn't you have both?
                                Add more answer options

1 Reply
                                • How much? I'm in Arlington, just curious how much before I go check it out.
                                  Add more answer options

6 Replies
                                  • This is either sold out in my area, or we never received this Destiny Edition. I went to 6 stores during lunch and only found the Micheal Jordan and the Black Ops Newsweek Editions.
                                    Add more answer options

1 Reply
                                    • You should post pictures of the articles.
                                      Add more answer options

2 Replies
                                      • Dun do it!! SPOILERS!!!!
                                        Add more answer options

3 Replies
                                        • Should have just asked for a Sharpie and wrote DESTINY on the OJ and Protein Bars... Better for ya... ; )
                                          Add more answer options

1 Reply
                                          • I should go pick it up
                                            Add more answer options

1 Reply
                                            • It even comes with a creators handbook which showcases 15 of BUNGIE's employee guardians, there reasons for choosing and how they roll out into PvP and PvE! It's cool!
                                              Add more answer options

Add more answer options

3 Replies
                                              • This has info I haven't seen yet on the Cabal and Vex, from what I read mostly from interviews is that the Vex so far are favored targets by Bungie employees and that they travel in massive numbers, unrelenting, and endless... Sounds -blam!-in awesome! That Cabal sound like total badasses but sadly for them my Titan like every other Titan is a BAMF! They will be my ultimate test as a Guardian of Humanity, with the help of the Hunters and Warlocks I'm sure all my endeavors shall end with glory and loot! See you starside Guradians!
                                                Add more answer options

1 2 3 4
                                              preload icon
                                              preload icon
                                              preload icon
                                              You are not allowed to view this content.