JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
Pardon our dust! We are pushing a patch live today. Players will be required to log in to Destiny again after returning to the title screen to install the patch. You should not be removed from any activities you are currently in.

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

8/13/2014 2:02:42 AM

should hand cannons be primary weapons

I think the hand cannon should be a primary weapon cuz its not that powerful for a special slot what Do u guys think?
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Yes.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I'm more than okay with it as a Primary. Most people prefer the Scout Rifles due to all around superiority, but the Hand Cannon does more damage (At least at close range, in my experience). Not to mention, I feel like I need to focus on my aim a bit more because of the small mags, whereas with a Scout Rifle, I can take a few shots and adjust my aim as necessary in response to enemy movement. Though it is somewhat odd to have a handgun as a primary, I suppose. FYI, my opinion is totally biased since I fricken' love revolvers in any game.
    Add more answer options

• Increase the clip size and add scope attachments - then you can keep them in the primary slot and people will actually use them.
    Add more answer options

• The recoil, small mag, and no sights (as far as I know) make them pretty useless.
    Add more answer options

• Edited by ManBearPiglets: 8/13/2014 3:41:30 AM
    The game doesn't have a secondary though. The hand cannon certainly isn't a special weapon, and it certainly isn't a heavy weapon. I haven't used them, but I assume they have a huge headshot multiplier at close range to give them any kind of reason to use?
    Add more answer options

• Well, they currently are primaries. Truthfully, they should fill the spot of a secondary, but seeing as no such thing exists in this game, Primary will have to do.
    Add more answer options

• Make the rounds explosive then it's fine
    Add more answer options

1 Reply
    • give it higher headshot damage so it kills in at least 1 less shot than scout rifles
      Add more answer options

• More of a special
      Add more answer options

• It's actually pretty powerful, one shot hits a lot harder than a scout rifle. It would work as a secondary. Sniper - long range Shotgun - short range Hand Cannon - mid range The other weapon, can't think of name off hand, is different than most weapons so it still would fit in. If you are a precision shooter and didn't want sniper at the time, scout and hand cannon could work well together. In the end I could see it in either slot.
      Add more answer options

preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon
    You are not allowed to view this content.