JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
Destiny will be offline temporarily today for scheduled maintenance. Stay tuned for updates.

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

Edited by Kierrok: 8/8/2014 3:53:41 AM

Question for all EXOs.

Why was EXO your chosen race? I was going as an Awoken, but after seeing the Appleseed films. I think I'll go EXO. Apparently Briareos, was Bungie's idea for EXOs too. http://i.imgur.com/QhLqetL.jpg
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Well I like glowing eyes and metal heads since you can pick any colour you want your exo to be.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I chose it because I like helmets on, and exo looks like they have a helmet on. And they look pretty cool with the metal skull. But I hate their wave and their dance isn't great.
    Add more answer options

1 Reply
    • Exos were built. We did not choose our superior existence.
      Add more answer options

• I wanted to be a Titan. So what better character for up close and personnel combat then a machine. The fleshies can shoot from a far.
      Add more answer options

• I just like to idea of being a robot living longer than every one else and in harsher environments. I can repair my self in the middle of battle and take more damage than fleshy organisms. Also I can constantly upgrade my self with more advanced technologies have built in weapons. Obviously the exo doesn't do a lot of those things but still I like robots.
      Add more answer options

1 Reply
      • I don't understand why they are either. I mean their greatest enemy is a magnet. Hit em in the head with one and boom their memory is gone.
        Add more answer options

7 Replies
        • Because I am a Titan and..... [spoiler]Because I have them[/spoiler]
          Add more answer options

1 Reply
          • Beep boop bop
            Add more answer options

1 Reply
            • I'm a friend of Sarah Connor. I was told she was here. Could I see her please?
              Add more answer options

2 Replies
              • I would also like to know where the Exo off switch is. For... well, reasons.
                Add more answer options

• Human and Awoken males look too feminine so had to pick a Exo if I wanted a male character.
                Add more answer options

2 Replies
                • The Exo was described as a relentless war machine. That was reason enough. But, I always wanted to make my own Terminator.
                  Add more answer options

• Because Exo Titan equals more metal on top of metal on top of even more metal
                  Add more answer options

3 Replies
                  • For the beta i built one of each class and race so I could test them all out. The obvious choices would've been human Hunter, Exo Titan and Awoken Warlock. So I changed things up a bit and went with Awoken Hunter, human Titan and Exo Warlock.
                    Add more answer options

• Edited by Caelos81: 8/8/2014 10:24:12 AM
                    Like you I originally planned to roll awoken. But the enigma and mystery of the Exos seemed more compelling than the Awoken. And Exos look tough enough to withstand big hits it made sense to be a Titan Exo. There's something I find appealing about a machine gaining sentience and going on a journey of self discovery, to find he purpose why it was created. But I'll definitely still roll an awoken as an alt or something. But I also thought of briaeros, battle angel alita, and that meatbag robot from star wars knights of the old republic.
                    Add more answer options

1 Reply
                    • Edited by DEZARATH: 8/8/2014 12:20:40 PM
                      The one giant problem with the Exo is that Bungie didn't go full on Briareos enough.
                      Add more answer options

• Edited by Kierrok: 8/8/2014 5:57:45 AM
                      Btw does anyone know what EXO, if anything, stands for? Please no smartass comments tho, I'm really curious. Elite. Xeno. Operation unit idk, thoughts?
                      Add more answer options

5 Replies
                      • Because machine races in Sci-Fi games are always my favorite. I don't know what it is, I've just always liked the idea of a machine being a man's equal.
                        Add more answer options

3 Replies
                        • Because I'm [i]Robot[/i]kio. It just makes sense.
                          Add more answer options

• Because being a robot makes my l33t skills logical.
                          Add more answer options

• I just mainly liked the back story plus one of the customization options looks like bumblebee from transformers
                          Add more answer options

• Simple answer for me: dat dance!
                          Add more answer options

• I'm a Titan, so when I started off with an awoken and saw how small his head was compared to his huge body, I deleted him and went with Exo. They just look buff as f*ck.
                          Add more answer options

• Because I didn't like the customization for the other races.
                          Add more answer options

• I originally in the alpha had a hunter human but I made another character after that a warlock Exo and I grew attached to the species and class so I chose Exo for the beta and put it in the warlock class so when the full game comes out I'll make a warlock Exo because I love the way Exo's look and I like the warlock class since warlock is awesome
                          Add more answer options

2 Replies
                          • Because this image stuck in my head: Either gender Exo of course, Titan too, running through enemy forces. Out of ammo and using their bare hands to crush the enemies one by one even under heavy fire, continuing to brutally beat down anything in their path as their bodies are pushed to the limit beyond what any human or awoken is capable of withstanding. Aaaaand images of how evangelions go into berserker mode came into mind baaahahaha... I could've thought of a better scene / gorey but forum rules I think conflict with that and I'm supposed to be getting ready to go to a family dinner.
                            Add more answer options

preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          You are not allowed to view this content.