JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

Edited by Tyger: 7/24/2014 6:02:10 PM
Tyger

if you can't stop an interceptor...

Git gud There's so many ways to kill them/the driver -snipe the driver -flank and shoot the completely exposed driver -use a super -use rocket -use a heavy machine gun -use a turret -use your own interceptor -use grenades edit: it's official that the interceptor is getting tweaked. You can stop whining now
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Or golden gun ;)
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

4 Replies
      mdunc1982
      mdunc1982

psn: mdunc1982 - old

I just use my assault rifle and aim for their head
      Add more answer options

• It is easy to take down an interceptor.
      Add more answer options

• [i]Git gud.[/i]
      Add more answer options

• As I say,[i] git gud or git rekt.[/i]
      Add more answer options

7 Replies
      • There's also the option of using your super, that works too.
        Add more answer options

• You don't even have to snipe the driver. I shoot them out with my Auto-Rifle 7-10 times. Then some other idiot will jump in and boom. double kill.
        Add more answer options

• I agree, it should be op it's a tank. Why nerf it when you can see and shoot the entire body of the driver?
        Add more answer options

6 Replies
        • Edited by MysticJon: 7/23/2014 7:19:25 PM
          [quote] -snipe the driver [b]Hard to do, but yes is an option[/b] -flank and shoot the completely exposed driver [b]Most times the guy in the Interceptor is coming for you. He'll kill you before you even think to flank him.[/b] -use a super [b]Not readily available[/b] -use rocket [b]Heavy ammo not readily available[/b] -use a heavy machine gun [b]Heavy ammo not readily available[/b] -use a turret [b]Yea, if he drives it near the turret and doesn't blow you up in the turret first[/b] -use your own interceptor [b]Yes[/b] -use grenades [b]Doesn't do enough damage unless the Interceptor is sitting still[/b] [/quote] Tanks should be powerful, but not unstoppable unless you have one of the things from a very specific list of things that are not readily available and can only [b]maybe[/b] stop them anyway. My opinion.
          Add more answer options

11 Replies
          • This
            Add more answer options

• I agree but grenades don't do shit. That's the only thing that's wrong with your list
            Add more answer options

1 Reply
            • I laugh at anyone who uses auto rifle/shotgun combos
              Add more answer options

14 Replies
              • Turret. /thread I've blown up numerous vehicles with the turret.
                Add more answer options

• Grenades won't work
                Add more answer options

4 Replies
                • I usually run into a building and try find a nearby turret or flank the tank or run away.
                  Add more answer options

• As soon as hunters receive blade dance interceptors will be an endangered species. Plasma grenades.... i mean sticky grenades FTW
                  Add more answer options

2 Replies
                  • Because we start the match with heavy weapon ammo right
                    Add more answer options

7 Replies
                    • Everyone is complaining about the interceptor so much but I find it pretty easy to deal with. Sure I die a couple times but it was nothing compared to going against a scorpion in halo by yourself. I just see it as a challenge, I love when people come after me in vehicles
                      Add more answer options

1 Reply
                      • I think they should leave the vehicles they way they are just make them boardable.
                        Add more answer options

• Edited by Mandingo: 7/24/2014 2:23:34 AM
                        BungieVerified account ‏@Bungie @ls_money We have some ideas for how to bring the Interceptor in line. Thank you for sharing your opinions! Don't be a moron
                        Add more answer options

• That awkward moment when you can just spend the entire map on the moon basically inside of structures and completely ignore vehicles.
                        Add more answer options

3 Replies
                        • Literally start the round with the turret and someone in your own interceptor and as soon as it rolls up on your spawn (like it always does) pop it off. I really am shocked people can't do this. Halfway decent players can then run vehicle spawns and deny the enemy team the tank easily.
                          Add more answer options

1 Reply
                          • So im supposed to do these things when I start with none but grenades that do NOTHING? Your a joke. I guess its fair that I Spawn and then its an Inceptor waiting for me and I instantly die without having a chance to react? The spawns put you right on the outsides of the map and people who use inceptors travel the outside of the map and spawn kills me every time. Whats worst is being in the lead a whole game of control and then having people grab vehicles, kill every one with them and then capture the point with it. Whats the point of capturing it with my guardian when they can come over with their Pikes or Inceptors and kill everything and capture with a vehicle. Like I said whoever thinks the vehicles are balanced are not quite intelligent.
                            Add more answer options

2 Replies
                            • Auto rifle/snipe on the moon Auto rifle/shotty everywhere else. If the map has vehicles, gotta have a snipe to be able to counter effectively.
                              Add more answer options

• Yeah ok. You make it sound so -blam!-in easy. 1-2 blasts and ur done. GTFO those things need weaker armor. Hunter 'nades do do shit. Only the titan's grenade and warlock's grenade do shit. I had a higher chance of destroying a scorpion in halo 4 than an interceptor in this game. Thats the only reason I hate first light
                              Add more answer options

2 Replies
                              • Heh I always like when people use their experience with bad players and talk head about how easy things are. Find a good player in an interceptor and your list is useless. Can't flank a good player, they keep their distance. Which also eliminates the grenade and super. So now you're down to just sniping them, which by the way, you're only going to get if they don't see you. Great list there to use against people that just downloaded the game. But I think you're gonna have a much tougher time pulling that off against someone that has figured the interceptor out.
                                Add more answer options

2 Replies
                                1 2 3
                                preload icon
                                preload icon
                                preload icon
                                You are not allowed to view this content.