JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Feedback

Feedback and suggestions for Destiny.

7/21/2014 3:09:51 PM

"Hey that's my kill" aka kill stealing

Ok so I've done 99% of the damage on the enemy, and then my buddy next to me fires one shot and gets my kill! While there may not be anyway to fix this problem when in a fireteam, it can be alleviated by simply having a "damage dealt" stat at the end of the mission. That way along with No. of kills, we can also see who dealt the most amount of damage in the fireteam.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Edited by Vexov: 7/27/2014 9:17:00 PM
    Lol. My lil cousin kept kill stealing and kept pointing to his kills over mine. I was all like "If there was a damage dealt shown i would probably be kick your lil ass". He died like 20 times to my 4, i made sure to point that out as well. I also said something along the lines of: "I was to busy slapping the dirt you keep inhaling off the ground, you seem to be equally in love with dying as you are kill stealing... maybe you would like to focus on surviving next time?." We did eventually run another Strike, got way more kills then him(like 50%). Oh, and he did die less but still a lot if i recall correctly. We also did some PvP. "triple kill!" with his hunter using the golden gun, he laughed at how retarded and easy PvP was. I felt even more certain PvP was a joke, not that he is without skill.. but certainly not that kind of skill.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I have the same concerns. I wish it were more like BF4's assist system.
    Add more answer options

• I have the same concerns. I wish it were more like BF4's assist system.
    Add more answer options

• I wouldn't mind if it worked in a fashion more similar to Battlefield 4. In Control, the winner isn't determined by just kills. So I don't see the problem in awarding players points based on the amount of health they actually took from the opposing player and sometimes awarding the player kill as "assist counts as kill" if they did most of the work on depleting the enemy's health.
    Add more answer options

• Damage meters tend to ruin a game. People will do stupid things to eak out that last little bit of DPS. It also tends to make the game devolve to math. Where there is a clear best spec/gun/rotation.
    Add more answer options

• I rather have my kills "stolen" than get killed because my teammates didn't jump in the fight.
    Add more answer options

1 Reply
    • Your kills belong to your team. You killing an enemy isn't going to help the team any more than a teammate killing an enemy
      Add more answer options

• I would also like it to go to the person who did the most damage. On at least two desperate occasions I was killing a fallen in the open world and someone else (not in my fire team, since I wasn't in one) decided to come put the final bullet in the fallen. I in turn got no loot from said enemy no ammo no nothing. Needless to say was a little pissed
      Add more answer options

6 Replies
      • so your upset your bubby helped out in a fight, your part of a team, you prob done it to your friends as well. does not matter if you or him get the last round in as long as your kicking ass.
        Add more answer options

• It can be annoying, but then again, the other person did provide the final bullet which ended it's life.
        Add more answer options

• I don't get this.. Why is it so important .. It's dead isn't it ..? The -blam!-er is dead and full of lead and it's not coming back because it's dead! Shouldn't you be happy that it is dead, I mean.. Because it's DEAD.
        Add more answer options

1 Reply
        • This has been a problem since the beginning of video games and it will always be a problem.
          Add more answer options

• ive read someone say that the kill goes to the person who did the most damage. not sure how accurate it is....but in the end, who cares?
          Add more answer options

• Who killed him? Period.
          Add more answer options

• Would be nice
          Add more answer options

preload icon
        preload icon
        preload icon
        You are not allowed to view this content.