JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
We are continuing to investigate issues of players encountering BEAVER error codes when attempting to play Destiny. Stand by for updates.

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

5/9/2014 4:45:09 PM
Brusky

How long will the beta last?

Does anyone know how long the beta will last.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Oreos!
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

4 Replies
    • Well, we know the ps4 beta is in july and the game is released in september, so probably 2-3 months is my educated guess
      Add more answer options

• Couple of weeks maybe 3 if we're lucky! (My opinion)
      Add more answer options

• I'm guessing 1 week for Xbox and 2 for PS. Playstation starts one week earlier (most likely on July 1st) and then Xbox will get it one week later (July 7th; Bungie Day) and they'll both run until July 14th. That seems to be the most likely. I certainly hope so at least, because I'm leaving state on the 13th so hopefully I'll get to play up until then. I at least want a single day so I can get the Beta bonuses.
      Add more answer options

2 Replies
      • Just to iterate on everyone else's comments, I don't think I've ever participated in a beta that was more than 2-2.5 weeks long (unless you count ESO but that only ran on select weekends to begin with so the time added up to about 18 days in total I think which is just around what Halo: Reach ran). After 2 weeks it really isn't even a beta, it's more of an early access title at that point!
        Add more answer options

• No one will ever know......
        Add more answer options

• You have 1 hour to save humanity. Get to it guardian.
        Add more answer options

1 Reply
        • I'd say 3-4 weeks think about it , beta will have as much as 5 million people playing , a ton of issues / bugs will be sent into support for them to fix and with 5 million people I Doubt it'll take long before we find and stomp out all the issues which will bring the beta to an end . So my guess is 3-4 weeks . 4 weeks because they are treating this beta as a full game launch so it should be longer than usual .
          Add more answer options

5 Replies
            Green Twister
            Green Twister

Team Instinct - old

After 1 minute
            Add more answer options

2 Replies
            • maybe a solid month, anybody remember how long the beta for reach was?
              Add more answer options

2 Replies
              • I am saying 3 to 4 weeks
                Add more answer options

2 Replies
                • I really hope like 3 weeks or so to go around my work schedule haha
                  Add more answer options

4 Replies
                  • Best guess would be until 09/09/2014.
                    Add more answer options

8 Replies
                    • I'd say it'll last up until the last week or so before the release date.
                      Add more answer options

preload icon
                    preload icon
                    preload icon
                    You are not allowed to view this content.