JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
We are continuing to investigate issues of players encountering BEAVER error codes when attempting to play Destiny. Stand by for updates.

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

Edited by Crimson Howl: 4/10/2014 7:46:07 PM

Marvel Studios Now The Biggest Movie Franchise Ever

It's official! The Marvel Cinematic Universe is now the highest-grossing film franchise in domestic history -- yep, even bigger than Harry Potter. With the huge success of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the MCU's total gross is now up to a whopping $2.46 billion dollars, topping Harry Potter's $2.39 billion and Star Wars' $1.91 billion. MARVELLOUS news... Had to randomly post this, couldn't help it. I love Marvel. (NOTE: Marvel Studios have only made Iron Man 1-3, Thor 1 and 2, Cap 1 and 2, Avengers and 1 crappy Hulk movie. So far. Spiderman, X-men etc. aren't made by Marvel on screen. Just the comics.)
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Edited by Doctor Orange: 4/10/2014 7:38:28 PM
    Correction. Disney is still the highest grossing movie franchise. Because Disney owns [i]everything[/i].
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

4 Replies
    • Edited by delta: 4/9/2014 8:11:11 PM
      Aren't there 2 Hulk films? I watched The Avengers for Scarlett Johansson
      Add more answer options

4 Replies
      • Edited by Turtlenomad: 4/9/2014 9:39:20 PM
        At this point it seems like only Godzilla could top Captain America 2. [spoiler]The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was apparently a disappointment lol[/spoiler]
        Add more answer options

2 Replies
        • Captain America: Winter Soldier was amazing to me honestly. Cap:[i]I'm your friend![/i] Bucky:[i]You're my mission![/i] Cap:[i]Then finish it![/i] [i]Cuz I'm with you till the end of the line.[/i] :''''( Feels!
          Add more answer options

1 Reply
          • Harry Potter was #1?
            Add more answer options

• And people said Disney couldn't do it
            Add more answer options

4 Replies
            • Take away Iron Man 1 and The Avengers and they probably wouldn't even be in the top ten.
              Add more answer options

3 Replies
              • It also made more movies than Harry Potter or Star Wars, so that really isn't very surprising. That being said, the movies are all pretty bad and stale to appeal to a teenage audience. Can't say I'm very interested in them.
                Add more answer options

1 Reply
                • Edited by Gatsby: 4/9/2014 7:35:46 PM
                  Super hero films are quickly becoming stale.
                  Add more answer options

3 Replies
                  • Hate all the movies. But I never liked super hero movies, so enjoy all of you.
                    Add more answer options

3 Replies
                      It is not really that impressive since they have made like 20 movies, while Harry Potter is at eight and Star Wars is at six.
                      Add more answer options

1 Reply
                      • Well, for a franchise that releases movies annually, that's not surprising.
                        Add more answer options

4 Replies
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        You are not allowed to view this content.