JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
We will be pushing a patch live tomorrow. Players will be required to log in to Destiny again after returning to the title screen to install the patch. You should not be removed from any activities you are currently in.

Community

Discuss what we all have in common.

2/1/2014 11:41:55 PM

Should dormant threads be auto-locked?

And by dormant, I mean threads that haven't been replied to in a month. This would at least help with some of the necrobumping around here.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Probably
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Necrobump. Go -blam!- yourself
    Add more answer options

3 Replies
    • Possibly
      Add more answer options

• Everybody is beating me to these posts by a few days...
      Add more answer options

• Ya
      Add more answer options

• Naw. Never.
      Add more answer options

• Should they?
      Add more answer options

2 Replies
      • Not at all. Necrobumping is only an issue if the thread that's being bumped breaks the rules or has absolutely no discussion value... OR the Necrobumper doesn't contribute to the thread and just posts "jkkklllliiiuhjhjhhhhh" to bump it.
        Add more answer options

1 Reply
        • Tags could potentially keep the forums clean from over-saturation. Let's say I wanted to talk about Cyberpunk 2077, then I don't need to make a new thread... I can simply go to the one made a year ago.
          Add more answer options

• Edited by Silent: 2/2/2014 12:27:13 AM
          Nah. There isn't anything inherently wrong with responding to an old post, and it's actually one of the features I really like about the new website (that old conversations can be picked back up thanks to the tagging, rating, and search features). If you lock old threads, you'll prevent a mild annoyance by sacrificing a relatively cool feature. I just don't see it as being worth it.
          Add more answer options

• No [i]whay[/i] man. Then users couldn't be given the title of "Post Exhumer".
          Add more answer options

• Edited by Catalyst: 2/2/2014 1:38:26 AM
          Yes, but only because I'm tired of seeing threads like "Destiny shouldn't have gays and here's why" pop up.
          Add more answer options

• No, the sorts should be adjusted.
          Add more answer options

preload icon
        preload icon
        preload icon
        You are not allowed to view this content.