JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
We are continuing to investigate issues of players encountering BEAVER error codes when attempting to play Destiny. Stand by for updates.

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

Edited by Sesto: 12/4/2013 5:14:00 AM
Sesto

Screaming (Writing question, please help)

Should I have a scream in dialogue? I kinda feel like it feels cheesy or something... Like the beginning of the chapter starts with the MC waking up from a intense nightmare (which was the previous chapter), and I want him to wake up screaming. How should I do this? Start directly with the scream: "AHHH!" (see, that sounds retarded..) or what? I feel putting something like "He awoke with a scream." or something doesn't really express the emotion he is feeling well, but I don't know how to put the scream in dialogue without it looking retarded. MC stands for main character, by the way.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• MC = master chief writing some ghey fanfic huh op? fgt.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Make him scream out a word, not a sound.
    Add more answer options

• Edited by HargbeastALT: 12/4/2013 5:30:14 AM
    "AAAAAAA I JUST FELL OFF A BUILDING, SPECIFICALLY A ROOFTOP WHICH I WAS PUSHED OR THROWN FROM"
    Add more answer options

2 Replies
    • He was ripped from his dreams, in a shriek of horror.
      Add more answer options

1 Reply
      • I hate dialogue.
        Add more answer options

2 Replies
        • Edited by OPs mom: 12/4/2013 5:15:01 AM
          The best way to write it is "He woke up screaming because of a really scary nightmare he just had." I'm a doctor.
          Add more answer options

2 Replies
          • Are you writing a Halo fanfic?
            Add more answer options

5 Replies
            preload icon
            preload icon
            preload icon
            You are not allowed to view this content.