JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
We are continuing to investigate issues of players encountering BEAVER error codes when attempting to play Destiny. Stand by for updates.

Gaming

Talk about games other than Destiny. We don't mind.

9/2/2013 1:57:58 AM

Which Video Game Introduced Dual Wielding?

This is a pretty interesting video. It documents the widespread popularity of the dual wielding mechanic and it studies its origins. Also, Bungie are mentioned as one of the first developers to introduce dual wielding into the FPS genre.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Obviously Mario. How is this even a question?
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

6 Replies
    • CoD MW 2 ak1mbo r4fficAz, akimb0 m0d3Lz all the way.
      Add more answer options

• Goldeneye 64 had duel wielding.
      Add more answer options

1 Reply
        Tartan 118
        Tartan 118

Search Amazon for The Earthfault. - 7/27/2016 11:15:28 PM

I would guess Marathon.
        Add more answer options

3 Replies
        • Edited by BerzerkCommando: 9/2/2013 10:24:17 AM
          Never mind I miss understood what he said.
          Add more answer options

2 Replies
          • Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back?
            Add more answer options

• Blood had duel wielding and that game is ancient.
            Add more answer options

• I love Xbox Ahoy, he's puntastic
            Add more answer options

• Edited by Beta Ray Bill: 9/2/2013 6:36:36 AM
            first time I played it was in Goldeneye. EDIT: Actually, now that I remember, there was dual wielding in the TMNT arcade game.
            Add more answer options

• Marathon!
            Add more answer options

• Pretty sure Goldeneye had duel welding on the 64. So yeah...
            Add more answer options

1 Reply
            • Just saw this yesterday, loved it! Love how [spoiler]Bungie was tied for the first FPS to have Dual Wielding.[/spoiler] Never would have guessed. I hope he does more of these.
              Add more answer options

• Call of Duty Ghost is the only game with Dual Wielding in it, kthx.
              Add more answer options

2 Replies
              • Mario
                Add more answer options

• Probably The Amazing Spiderman, or Marvel's The Avengers.
                Add more answer options

preload icon
              preload icon
              preload icon
              You are not allowed to view this content.