JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
We are continuing to investigate issues of players encountering BEAVER error codes when attempting to play Destiny. Stand by for updates.

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

Edited by Lord Nocturne: 1/26/2013 5:48:10 AM

Steampunk culture

Not sure if culture is the right word...all I know is that I see this label used for music, clothing, artwork, literature, probably other things i'm forgetting, so it could be. Regardless, what is your opinion on it? I like the music influences, and the fashion doesn't look bad to me. I've always had a thing for the Victorian Era style, anyway. The architecture was especially charming to me back then.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Steampunk cosplay is some of my favorite. I once saw a steampunk Green Lantern corp. It was amazing. I dig some of the artwork too. All in all, pretty groovy stuff.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I find it interesting. We had a project on it once.
    Add more answer options

1 Reply
    • Blade Runner. /thread
      Add more answer options

1 Reply
      • [quote]I love steampunk. Good steampunk, mind you; not just randomly gluing clock parts and brass strips onto things.[/quote]
        Add more answer options

• Meh, I think it's dumb.
        Add more answer options

• Cyberpunk > steampunk
        Add more answer options

• Edited by Dr Refrigorator: 1/26/2013 6:27:30 PM
        Like furries, I don't like the people who overly obsess themselves with it and walk around wearing ridiculous steampunk costumes. But, I don't care if you enjoy a bunch of dusters, cogs, steam engines, and gauges on everything.
        Add more answer options

1 Reply
        • I love steampunk. Good steampunk, mind you; not just randomly gluing clock parts and brass strips onto things.
          Add more answer options

• I'm absolutely obsessed with steampunk-esque things.
          Add more answer options

• It's cool, but horrifically overdone at times.
          Add more answer options

3 Replies
          • I find it quite fascinating, although I'm more of a cyberpunk person myself.
            Add more answer options

2 Replies
            • I think it's an interesting concept. I like the aesthetics, however I'd probably be depressed if the world was actually like that. Our cyberpunk world is a lot better.
              Add more answer options

1 Reply
              preload icon
              preload icon
              preload icon
              You are not allowed to view this content.