JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

7/31/2007 7:14:27 PM
46

Choose your own adventure! (For the last time)

Alright, the votes are in and the final "Choose your own adventure" will be a sci-fi story. Before we start, I have to lay down the rules for you guys. 1. After I finish writing a section, I will leave you with several choices. Pick one choice and respond as quickly as you can with that choice. The first response I receive is the one I'll use. Choose wisely. This story can end very quickly if you make the wrong choice. 2. Try and understand that I might not be able to continually post sections as I do have a busy life. With that said, I don't care if you discuss what happens, just make sure that when I do come back, I don't see fifteen posts saying, "First choice" or "Kill him off!" Remember, the first response is the one I'll use. 3. I am going to use names of Bungie members based on who posts in this thread...this is the first time I've done this so don't make me regret it by acting like a dick. And don't request to be in the story! Remember, the only reason you should respond is if you want to discuss the story or tell me what choice you'll make. And those are the rules. Pretty simple right? Good, so let's get started. ---------------------- Squirrel Dude stared blissfully out the window of his spaceship as he floated toward the moon. He loved flying. He had been a pilot for most of his adult life and still couldn't get enough of seeing Earth spinning slowly beneath him. A message appeared on his screen. His wife was trying to call him. He quickly opened the comm link and said happily, "Hey babe, what's up? How's our baby?" "She's fine. When are you going to come see her?" "I'm on my way right now." Squirrel Dude replied. He looked up and saw another ship cross in front of him. He didn't recognize this ship which was odd. He thought he knew all the different types of ships. "Honey, I've gotta go." He said quickly. Something didn't feel right. "Be safe." He turned to the control panel and attempted to hail the ship. No answer. Squirrel Dude shook his head, "Computer," he said loudly, "Identify ship." "Unknown classification." Came the computer's response. The ship came to a stop directly ahead of Squirrel Dude's own vessel and he quickly grabbed the controls and turned his ship before they collided. As he passed the strange ship, he saw an opening in the bottom and a small object appeared. The tip of the object started glowing and suddenly a large beam launched from the ship to the moon surface. Squirrel Dude watched in horror as a large explosion filled his vision. When the smoke faded, he saw a charred crater in place of what had once been smooth ground. Several objects jettisoned from the ship and entered the moon's atmosphere. Squirrel Dude had a feeling these were transport ships. He switched his view so that he could see what was going on behind him and watched in horror as dozens of ships surrounded earth, each sending off a similar beam and then quickly launching several pods to the planet's surface. He weighed his options carefully, not knowing whether his wife was alive or if he could do anything to help defend his planet from these intruders. [i]1. Go to the moon's surface and look for his wife. 2. Attempt to board the alien ship. 3. Go to Earth's surface and help defend the planet.[/i]
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • I'll be killed!!??!
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • I choose Option Number 2.
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • agreed
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • 1
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • 1
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • (Wow, sorry for the [b]really[/b] long wait. I'll try and finish up this story soon because I'm sure you're all [i]anxiously[/i] awaiting the end.) "I'll head to the bridge." Squirrel Dude said without hesitation. "We'll meet back at the hangar when it's finished." "Sounds good." Shaverdian replied. Shaverdian knew the ship well and he gave Squirrel Dude detailed instructions to the bridge and the communicators from the alien's bodies before the two of them split up. Squirrel Dude walked down the now empty corridors, as all the other aliens were preparing to attack Earth. He headed up to the bridge unimpeded when he heard voices straight ahead. "You are certain the device won't fail?" The Father was saying. "Positive. All of them will be destroyed." "Good. Wait for them to land and then activate it...after that we'll take over." Squirrel Dude knew it was the Father, but he wondered if he could work this weapon to his advantage. But he knew that if he waited, it was possible he would be captured, or Shaverdian could be killed. [i]1. Kill the Father. 2. Wait for them to use the weapon.[/i]
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • yeah definently 1
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • Agreed the bridge, there he can also arm a bomb or destroy the ship somehow.
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • 1. go to the bridge
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • (Sorry for the long wait...I told you I'd be busy) Shaverdian thought for a moment and then said firmly, "Let's find the Father. If we can take out the leader, maybe the rest will fall." Squirrel Dude nodded, "Sounds good. Where do you think he'll be?" "I'm guessing he's either on the bridge or sending the troops off. We'll probably have to split up." Squirrel looked at him in surprise, "Split up? Are you sure you can take care of yourself?" "I've been doing a fine job for the past year." Shaverdian said dryly. "Now which way do you want to go, to the bridge or to the loading bay where they'll be sending off the soldiers?" [i]1. To the bridge. 2. The loading bay.[/i]
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • Not during the speech, had he gone to the bridge he could have taken it out.
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] squirrel dude 4. Squirrel should have planted the bomb a long time ago. You take it out, all the problems are solved.[/quote] yeah, but then countless ammounts of enemies are there and you go to jail anyways...
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • 4. Squirrel should have planted the bomb a long time ago. You take it out, all the problems are solved.
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • I agree. Two.
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • oh, I see you point now....... let's go with 2... or we could go with a combo of 1,2,3, and 4 >.> j/k [Edited on 07.31.2007 4:34 PM PDT]
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • (I never said he couldn't escape at the hearing, but had he gone to the hearing, that's not all he could have done. I'm not narrow, I'm just giving you choices based on chronology and practicality. If I told you what would happen with every single choice, then you'd know exactly which choice would have the best outcome and inevitably choose that one without considering the others.) "Don't worry, I know what to do." They waited patiently for awhile, sharing small talk and plans for what they would do. It turned out that Shaverdian had been one of the early settlers of the moon when he was captured. Soon, they heard the familiar clanking footsteps and three aliens stood in front of Squirreld Dude's invisible cell. "You're coming with us." "What for?" Squirrel Dude asked in feigned ignorance. "Your hearing. You're getting a second chance, and I suggest you take it." Squirrel Dude shrugged and got to his feet. He walked forward until he was surrounded by the three aliens, each with a gun pointed at him. Suddenly, a loud scream erupted from Shaverdian's cell and the aliens all turned to see what the commotion was. "There's something here, help!" "Wait here." One of the aliens said, "I'll see what's wrong." The minute he waved the object through the air, Squirrel Dude burst into motion. He snapped both his arms out and caught both of the guard's guns. Quickly pulling his arms back in, he yanked the guns out of the aliens' tentacled hands. Before either alien could move, Squirrel Dude had fired both guns out and dropped each of them to the ground. As the third alien turned to face Squirrel Dude, Shaverdian came up behind him and smashed his elbow into the back of the alien's neck and quickly grabbed the gun before it fell. "Let's go." He said grimly. "Where?" [i]1. Try to escape. 2. Try to find the Father. 3. Try to find the weapon. 4. Plant a bomb. 5. Any combination of the four. Ex. 2, 4, 1.[/i]
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • yeah, why can't he escape at the hearing? YOU'RE TOO NARROW FYI [Edited on 07.31.2007 4:05 PM PDT]
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • 2. Try to escape
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • Escape...or, go to the hearing and escape from there! O.O *Nibbles on kitten*
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • He decided not to risk it and eased his grip on the Father. "Alright, you win." "That's what I like to hear." The Father looked at him thoughtfully, "Perhaps I'll have use for you in my army." Squirrel Dude glared at him, "Giving me a gun will be the last mistake you ever make." "Oh no." The Father said with a smile, "I meant as cannon fodder. You'd make a great target. People who can't be controlled are useless on the field as anything else." With that, he waved the two aliens off and the led Squirrel Dude by gun point down the corridor. It wasn't long before they reached a lift that took them down to the bottom of the ship. They led him through a dark and musty room where Squirrel Dude could see several figures leaning against walls. None of them were shackled, but none of them moved to escape. Suddenly, the aliens stopped and pointed to the left, "Enter." Squirrel Dude shrugged, it looked like just another empty part of the room to him. When he walked forward, the aliens waved something in the air and left. Squirrel Dude watched them leave and then quickly moved forward. He hadn't moved two feet when he felt something solid stopping him from leaving. An invisible wall! "Don't matter how hard you push." A voice called. "That thing won't budge." Squirrel Dude looked to the sound of the speaker and saw an old man leaning against the wall, staring at him from the opposite side of the room. "Who are you?" He asked. "Me? I'm just another dog for these aliens to whip...but if you must have a name, you can call me Shaverdian." He peered closely at Squirrel Dude and said, "They don't usually put healthy people in here. A man like you would normally be giving one of those ugly females a massage." "I'd rather snap the alien's neck then give it a massage." Squirrel Dude muttered bitterly. "Ah," Shaverdian said, as if he just realized something, "So that's why you're here. You ain't gonna go down quietly." He looked at Squirrel Dude thoughtfully and then said, "They'll be back soon, to take you to a hearing. You'll have a chance to 'come to your senses'--as they say--and be more or less free." Squirrel Dude stared at him, "But that's not what you think I should do." Shaverdian shrugged, "Your strong and healthy. With a bunch of weak aliens like this, you can do whatever you want. Just make sure you do what's right." [i]1. Go to the hearing. 2. Try to escape.[/i]
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • 3! that could get interesting.... [quote] [/i]1. Attempt to kill the Father. 2. Try to escape. 3. Go to prison.[/i] [/quote] [i] tee hee [/i] [Edited on 07.31.2007 3:33 PM PDT]
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • Squirrel Dude eyed the gun in his hand and figured that if a simple soldier wouldn't tell him anything, neither would the Father. As the alien passed beneath him, Squirrel Dude dropped down and pressed the gun against the back of his neck. "We aren't going down that easily." He fired the gun but only heard a faint sizzle as the Father started laughing. "Gun jammed?" He asked. Squirrel Dude kept clicking the trigger but nothing happened. Finally he dropped the gun and wrapped his arms around the Father's neck. "I can still kill you." The other two who had stood warily before, now leveled their guns at him. "That would not be wise." The Father said quietly. "I admire your courage, but don't make yourself a fool. They'll kill you if I give the word." "Then why don't you just let them?" The Father smiled, "Because humans are far too valuable to be killed so quickly." "But I thought you had a weapon that would kill us all." "No." The Father said and his smile grew broader, "I have a weapon to kill all my children. At least, the ones who are going to Earth. You humans will remain happy slaves. Alive and well." "Slaves?" "Yes. Humans are much stronger and much more resourceful than most of my children. They will help propel us into greatness. Now," he said calmly, "You can attempt to kill me and die in the process, or you can agree to go to the brig." Squirrel dude considered his words thoughtfully. He noticed the other two with their guns dangerously close to him and wondered if he might be able to escape. [i]1. Attempt to kill the Father. 2. Try to escape. 3. Go to prison.[/i] [Edited on 07.31.2007 3:33 PM PDT]
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • Where's the option to follow him to fidn the wapon, then kill him with it? *Nibbles on kitten*
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • 2. I want to see how this ends up
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • 2. Follow, cause he could kill him later if he wanted. DAMN YOU 8!!!!!!! I hope majority wins. [Edited on 07.31.2007 3:22 PM PDT]
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • Kill the father.
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.