JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

#Halo

4/15/2004 1:11:58 AM

Will Halo 2 lose it's Halo?

Hey guys, I was just looking at the new screenshot and was thinking about the differences between the Halo 2 gameplay and that of the original game. For me, what makes Halo such a great game, besides storyline and graphics, was the physics/gameplay. It was simple enough to get the hang of, but took a while to master. With all of this jumping on ghosts and dual weapon wielding, one of the only times that I die when playing Halo on the Xbox is when I'm switching guns.(I'd hate to think of what a bastard I'd be if I could hold a plasma pistol in one hand and the human pistol in the other) I'm worried that Halo 2 may stray away from the simple yet very in depth handling that made the first game GREAT. Don't get me wrong, I think Halo 2 will be amazing, but I hope that Bungie keeps it real.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I have faith that Bungie knows exactly what they're doing. Lets just pray that they don't get bought out by EA *shudders*
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• It wouldn't be NEW if it didn't have some gameplay changes. It would just be Halo with new levels and goodies. That wouldn't be much better. I see what your saying though. [Edited on 4/14/2004 5:46:25 PM]
    Add more answer options

• nice !NERD ALERT!, LOL
    Add more answer options

• I think it will have the exact same feel as halo, only with more options.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Solidous Snake I mean it seams like they are changing everything like covenant dropships all new weapons and dont get me wrong Im going to love all the new things but is it that realistic that everything just changes that easily unless its like 50 years between each game.[/quote] Lets say master chief is traveling back to Earth from a distant galaxy at near light speeds. !NERD ALERT! According to the theory of special relativity, A ton of time will have passed on Earth during his travels in space. What seems like days to the traveling chief are actually years on earth. During chiefs "travel time" technology has improved both on earth and on the covenant planets. All the weapons the chief left with in the first game are now old and obsolete. Edit: Except shotguns, for some reason they never fall out of style... [Edited on 4/14/2004 5:26:18 PM]
    Add more answer options

• Bungie is Bungie. They made Halo and they know what they are doing. For Halo 2 the new added gameplay elements will only add to the "Halo" effect, not destroy it. or so I hope... ^-^
    Add more answer options

• Your right and i have total trut in Bungie. They know what they are doing.
    Add more answer options

• I think that Bungie knows what they're doing. Look at it this way: If all their previous games like Marathon & Halo have been so successful, why shouldnt Halo 2 be?
    Add more answer options

• Guess we're gonna hafta wait and see huh? Ooh the agony. But, you know something? I have a feeling we ain't going to be too disappointed. I am THE eternal optimist.
    Add more answer options

• Ya I agree with you on that and just to add I know we dont know the story yet but I hope that everything in Halo 2 isnt changed from the original. I mean it seams like they are changing everything like covenant dropships all new weapons and dont get me wrong Im going to love all the new things but is it that realistic that everything just changes that easily unless its like 50 years between each game.
    Add more answer options

• Frankie said that it's alot different but from the moment you pick it up it feels like Halo.
    Add more answer options

• I have all faith in bungie, and so far Halo 2 sounds like Halo, so I dont think theres any thing to worry about.
    Add more answer options

• Does seem like we will have to learn alot of new stuff when it comes out. The difference between casual and experienced players may become really really apparent.
    Add more answer options

• Yes, im thinking exacly what u are, lets just hope Bungie knows what there doing, and from there games, i think they do.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.