JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

8/30/2004 3:49:56 PM

Fable- Not all it cracked up to be?

I read this new Hands on Fable article at Gamespot and after reading the entire thing thru, it sounded as if Gamespot was just a little dissapointed. I don't know, maybe it was just me. Go check it out for yourself. [url=http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/rpg/fable/preview_6105958-2.html]Gamespot Article[/url] ~Peace!~
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote]Basically, from the current reviews (not "previews", REVIEWS) Fable can be described as thus: Overhyped. It is, essencially, not all that it was hyped up to be. That is because Fable was hyped up to be the Ultimate RPG - and frankly it's not. However, don't go thinking that that means Fable sucks - it is still an incredibly excellent game, just not as perfect as was envisioned.[/quote] Where are the reviews? Anyway, I can't wait to play it. Having met the lovely Big Blue Box guys, I hope that they succeed. I doubt that it'll be exactly as they said, but it'll still have the most freedom out of any game to date.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• wasup maka
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] flamechu [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] deathgame i think Halo 2 will be GOTY of them all. halo 2 and xbox: best games EVER[/quote] no -blam!- shurlock[/quote] Every Fable topic it seems there you are, being belligerent. Just chill. It's no big deal if people are excited about Fable. We understand you're a Star Wars fanboy - and telling us multiple times won't make us care any more.
    Add more answer options

• Basically, from the current reviews (not "previews", REVIEWS) Fable can be described as thus: Overhyped. It is, essencially, not all that it was hyped up to be. That is because Fable was hyped up to be the Ultimate RPG - and frankly it's not. However, don't go thinking that that means Fable sucks - it is still an incredibly excellent game, just not as perfect as was envisioned.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] deathgame i think Halo 2 will be GOTY of them all. halo 2 and xbox: best games EVER[/quote] no -blam!- shurlock
    Add more answer options

• fable..... will.... rule.... the ..... rpg...... world!!!!! i think it will be GOTY on xbox, but! before u hate mail me, i think Halo 2 will be GOTY of them all. halo 2 and xbox: best games EVER
    Add more answer options

• it must be that i'm a star wars fan
    Add more answer options

• I played KOTOR, i look foward to KOTOR 2, but I would take Fable any day over KOTOR. Fable is going to be one of the best games to come out this year. I will buy it the day it is released, and begin to mold a legend. KOTOR was fun, but had many dull lengths of time, and got repetative pretty dang fast.
    Add more answer options

• your -blam!- w/ me right
    Add more answer options

• It doesn't really have a story line. It's what ever story line you make.
    Add more answer options

• i'm not being one am i
    Add more answer options

• flamechu, don't be an ass And Draken, don't
    Add more answer options

• i have my opinions and you have yours and i played KOTOR and i thought it kicked ass and will get KOTOR 2 the day it comes out
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] flamechu fable can suck my balls *starts chanting* KOTOR 2, KOTOR 2...[/quote] You havent even played it yet you fanboy loser.
    Add more answer options

• fable can suck my balls *starts chanting* KOTOR 2, KOTOR 2...
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] johny joe [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Draken The thing about fable is because it is so highly anticipated by so many people(its been in deveopment for over 4 years) it will be almost impossible to live up to all the hype. But it is still going to be a great game. It may not end up being "the greatest RPG of all time" but it will definatly one of the greatest action RPG's on Xbox.[/quote] nothings impossible. it CAN live up to its hype, and i think it will. its total freedom is exactly what i want in a game, and im almost %80 sure it will rock my world (before halo 2)[/quote] I said [i] ALMOST [/i] impossible. I dont know yet cause I havent played it.
    Add more answer options

• I hope they can come through with a good storyline. That is the key to any RPG. Having a storyline you actually care about. It can have all the bells and whistles but if you don't care about the story it will just suck.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Draken The thing about fable is because it is so highly anticipated by so many people(its been in deveopment for over 4 years) it will be almost impossible to live up to all the hype. But it is still going to be a great game. It may not end up being "the greatest RPG of all time" but it will definatly one of the greatest action RPG's on Xbox.[/quote] nothings impossible. it CAN live up to its hype, and i think it will. its total freedom is exactly what i want in a game, and im almost %80 sure it will rock my world (before halo 2)
    Add more answer options

• The thing about fable is because it is so highly anticipated by so many people(its been in deveopment for over 4 years) it will be almost impossible to live up to all the hype. But it is still going to be a great game. It may not end up being "the greatest RPG of all time" but it will definatly one of the greatest action RPG's on Xbox.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Draken In Fable you can kill everyone you see. You can kill all you want.[/quote I WILL SLAUGHTER THE WORLD!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!(jk)
    Add more answer options

• In Fable you can kill everyone you see. You can kill all you want.
    Add more answer options

• It's not my type of game. It looks great, but those games don't suit me. I need something to kill every three seconds on a video game. : ) ~Peace!~
    Add more answer options

• I personaly think Fable is going to be great. Ive already preordered it and Im going to pick it up as soon as it comes out.
    Add more answer options

• Yes, I noticed that too. I really want to see the final review. Their reviews, unlike others *Cough* Gamespy *Cough* are well thought out and reasoned. ~Peace!~
    Add more answer options

• they also say they have just scratched the surface. sounds like they are holding off any real opionons until the experience a little more.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.