JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

1/8/2013 7:04:26 PM

Whatever happened to that Russian team that was drilling...

...into that under ground lake or whatever? Remember a few months back there was a team that was drilling to some underground or sub-glacial lake that hadn't been touched in a few million years? They suddenly went dark, and then we never heard about what happened to them. Does anyone remember?
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• They're partying with Cthulhu
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] MyNameIsCharlie ...into that under ground lake or whatever? Remember a few months back there was a team that was drilling to some underground or sub-glacial lake that hadn't been touched in a few million years? They suddenly went dark, and then we never heard about what happened to them. Does anyone remember?[/quote] They succeded by the looks of it, so i'm guessing it will take some time to analyze the stuff they gathered. [url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2095193/Lake-Vostok-Russian-scientists-confirm-triumph-drilling-successful-Antarctica.html[/url]
    Add more answer options

• I remember them collecting samples and stuff. Then I remember a story on how they got pulled out of there after reaching the lake maybe? I'll try to find that story.
    Add more answer options

• The second impact is upon us!
    Add more answer options

• they found evil down there forbidden evil
    Add more answer options

Silent
    Silent

I have the right to remain... - old

Wikipedia doesn't say anything about it, and I've only had one other incident where wikipedia had less information about a classified event than public/governmental sources, so I'm going to guess that nothing happened. My guess is that some news outlet blew the "going dark" thing out of proportion to get traffic.
    Add more answer options

• Awoke an ancient alien from its eternal slumber.
    Add more answer options

• They got eaten by a Meglodon that had somehow been living there for millions of years.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Oh so Lag Try google. Probably will have an answer.[/quote]I did. I found stories about them going dark, but nothing on what happened to them.
    Add more answer options

• Nope. They probably struck vodka and are living it up the Russian way.
    Add more answer options

• Try google. Probably will have an answer.
    Add more answer options

• They found a portal to the Nether.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.