JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

1/8/2013 4:56:05 PM

Bethesda just trademarked "Redguard"

[url=http://trademarks.justia.com/852/63/redguard-85263438.html]Linky[/url] So Bethesda just trademarked this for no reason. My guess is a remake of TESA:R or the next elder scrolls. Discuss. inb4morecasualversionofskyrim
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• you do realise "Redguard" was a race since Arena. No wonder they re trademarked it
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• My guess is for something quite far in the future, next ES game hopefully, would love to explore Hammerfell.
    Add more answer options

Probably another DLC, which is nice. I enjoyed Dragonborn, way more than Dawnguard.. New island might have a big part in this.
    Add more answer options

• I doubt it will be Skyrim DLC, there's no way any developer would give two expansions similar names. Dawnguard and Redguard sound very much alike.
    Add more answer options

• [url=http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=76649136]Bethesda didn't trademark it, its parent company did.[/url] Old news is old by the way.
    Add more answer options

• it was already a trade mark being an element of TES series? i'm guessing they want to curb the use of the name as a racial epithet on the internet(ie 4chan, 4chan lite(r), 4chan lite lite(9g).
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Razgriz Berkut [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Jet Wave [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] family chief They did it just in case the word ever became popular as a racial slur in the real world. Which it suprisely has on the internet.[/quote] Wait, what?[/quote] Yea some companies can do that. I believe there was a phrase that a company decided to coin in on. [url=http://kotaku.com/5901231/skyrim-developers-trademark-fus-roh-dah]Here[/url] Don't know if it went through, but they can apply. [/quote]I meant the racial slur part. I've never heard any racial slurs coming from videogames used in a non-joking manner.
    Add more answer options

• Interesting. It's my favorite character though!
    Add more answer options

• Whoa they trademarked a word. Real big -blam!-ing deal there.
    Add more answer options

Razgriz
    Razgriz

In Mexico until Friday - old

[quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Jet Wave [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] family chief They did it just in case the word ever became popular as a racial slur in the real world. Which it suprisely has on the internet.[/quote] Wait, what?[/quote] Yea some companies can do that. I believe there was a phrase that a company decided to coin in on. [url=http://kotaku.com/5901231/skyrim-developers-trademark-fus-roh-dah]Here[/url] Don't know if it went through, but they can apply.
    Add more answer options

• Man, they're still making Skyrim DLC? Props to Bethesda, very few games get support like that for so long.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] family chief They did it just in case the word ever became popular as a racial slur in the real world. Which it suprisely has on the internet.[/quote] Wait, what?
    Add more answer options

• They did it just in case the word ever became popular as a racial slur in the real world. Which it suprisely has on the internet.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] RETROGHO5TY [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Lazy bazooka Tis' the next Skyrim DLC.[/quote] With an ORIGINAL name. [/quote]
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Lazy bazooka Tis' the next Skyrim DLC.[/quote] Nice! But I was hoping it would be an entirely new game.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Lazy bazooka Tis' the next Skyrim DLC.[/quote] With an ORIGINAL name.
    Add more answer options

• Tis' the next Skyrim DLC.
    Add more answer options

• I heard rumours that it was a DLC.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.