JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

1/8/2013 9:50:29 AM
Sarah

Have you ever dreamt of playing a video game?

Can you play video games in your head at will? For example, I dreamt of playing Halo 3 on Legendary difficulty in my sleep and woke up as soon as the Prophet of Truth got stabbed. My brain manages to recollect the physics engine and textures because I played it so much, so right now I am immediately driving on a mongoose on The Covenant with a robot co-op player and we're making our way to the Hornets. Or, I'll suddenly decide I want to play Gears of War 3 online with robot players. I can manage all the enemy players' movements and shots realistically. Before I could only determine what was happening within an area of 3 metres from myself, but now I've gained the ability to make NPCs fight each other in the background whilst I fight people nearby myself. I'd like to dream of Crysis 3 and see what my brain conjures up. It's like a lucid dream video game. And yourself?
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Nearly all of my dreams are related to games one way or another.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Edited by Dredwerkz: 1/10/2013 6:32:30 PM
    I've been playing so long before now I went downstairs to get a drink and was thinking to myself where the nearest set of grenades were to pick up. Well that didn't do what I expected. And my title's gone. And my Avatar. I am disappoint. Mostly about the avatar.
    Add more answer options

• yeah, but it will be completely different.
    Add more answer options

1 Reply
      stosh
      stosh

Is pax happening soon or something? - 8/29/2016 6:34:05 PM

I played Halo 2 so much when it came out I was seeing reticles everywhere.
      Add more answer options

1 Reply
      • If I could play a video game to the point where my brain can mimic the actions of the physics engine almost impeccably then I would try to play the game more. There's always a chance that I'm missing something. [Edited on 01.08.2013 2:05 AM PST]
        Add more answer options

• Every time I play a new RTS game for some reason I dream of an entire match and I try to think about different strategies.
        Add more answer options

• I have. Mainly Halo related. ^_^
        Add more answer options

• I dream of playing multiplayer generally, but I will dream within the universe occasionally. I was a Krogan once.
        Add more answer options

preload icon
      preload icon
      preload icon
      You are not allowed to view this content.