JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Community

Discuss what we all have in common.

1/6/2013 2:26:58 AM

Creating threads

When wanting to create a thread, how easy is it for you to think up a topic? Does it take you a while, or can you just think of one right up on the spot?
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I find the most popular threads are the ones where people can reply with quick 1-2 word responses without much thought. Besides that, threads that are controversial or hold great discussion value.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I brainstorm. It takes some time.
    Add more answer options

• I used to make a few but they either got me banned or got ignored so I gave up.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Buddha Milk [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Stormkiller626 I don't create threads.[/quote][/quote]
    Add more answer options

• How did you think of this thread?
    Add more answer options

• Normally spend a while thinking about it, sometimes I've sat and wrote out a whole thread only to click cancel in the end
    Add more answer options

• I never plan to make a thread, I'll have a spontaneous idea, or see something I feel the need to share something, and get it over and done with as quickly as possible, because I know if I take too much time I'll just go on, and it will end up completely incohesive and nightmarish to read. [Edited on 01.06.2013 4:04 AM PST]
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Stormkiller626 I don't create threads.[/quote]
    Add more answer options

• Used to be super easy. Then as time passed, it started to be more focused. Then into news articles or game related topics with links.
    Add more answer options

• This. [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] l Supertramp l or can you just think of one right up on the spot?[/quote]I could fill this forum with legit threads. Questions. Polls. Design ideas and complains. Much more.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] l Supertramp l When wanting to create a thread, how easy is it for you to think up a topic? Does it take you a while, or can you just think of one right up on the spot?[/quote]To be honest op it sounds like you are going about it the wrong way. The method you describes breeds meaningless threads. Instead, don't come on bungie.net thinking "I want to make a thread.", you should only think of making a thread when you already have a good idea. This will provide for better threads, and a better forum as a whole.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] ecartman1214 1. Click "Create New Topic" 2. Bang head against keyboard 2. Post thread 3. ???? 2. Bribe Mods 2. Profit [/quote] I might try this method...
    Add more answer options

• 1. Click "Create New Topic" 2. Bang head against keyboard 2. Post thread 3. ???? 2. Bribe Mods 2. Profit
    Add more answer options

• I usually get something randomly, yes I'm thinking of making a thread, but I'm not just sitting at the computer going through things I could make. All the threads I make I try to really think them out first before posting.
    Add more answer options

• I don't normally think about making threads. If I have a good idea I usually just think it over before I post it. I suppose I kind of just post threads on an impluse.
    Add more answer options

• I do it the other way, I think of something randomly then decide I want to create a thread about it.
    Add more answer options

• I don't think of something to create a thread about, but if a idea pops in my head I might make it. Only if it has a good discussion value.
    Add more answer options

• ^Yup. I hardly create threads but when I do, it's incredibly easy for me to create one with plenty of discussion value. [Edited on 01.05.2013 6:55 PM PST]
    Add more answer options

• I only create threads when I know what to talk about.
    Add more answer options

• I only create a thread after I have an idea. I don't just "create threads" but instead have an idea, click the [b]Create New Topic[/b] button and type it up.
    Add more answer options

• I only make a thread if I have an idea, often made on the spot. Never force it and try to keep up some sort of thread quota though.
    Add more answer options

• The first rule about creating threads, is don't talk about creating threads.
    Add more answer options

• I don't really like making topics.
    Add more answer options

• I hardly ever create threads. When I do I usually have a topic in mind though, I don't try to force one so I can create the thread.
    Add more answer options

• I don't create threads very often, but if something interesting comes to mind, and if I think others might find interesting, then I'll create a thread. I've never been the type to create a thread on the spot.
    Add more answer options

• I almost never make threads. In fact, the event is so rare, I do not have any sort of process. If I have an idea, I will make the thread if there is no thread for it near the first page.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.