JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

1/2/2013 2:09:20 AM
24

Choose your adventure...4?

Many years ago I did a few "choose your own adventure" stories. I ended my [url=http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=27514752&postRepeater1-p=1]last one[/url], telling you that I was gone for good...which was true! And still kind of is. However, I still enjoy writing, I enjoy getting feedback for my writing, and intend on keeping up on my writing. So, I thought it might be fun to do another one. Anyway, here are the rules: I write a segment of the story and give you a list of choices that the character(s) could make next. Some choices might be menial like opening a door vs. opening a chest, and other's might be disastrous like fighting with a shotgun vs. fighting with a tooth pick. So be smart with what you choose! And speaking of being smart... Rules 1. The first person to respond with a choice is the one I'll choose. You can argue and bicker all you want, but that's that. If some dick decides to come ruin the game...well then, it's your fault for supporting that kind of behavior all these years. 2. Only choices I list will be accepted as answers. See the first two responses to this post if you want to know why. 3. Don't demand me to be inhumanly consistent. It's likely that I could go hours, or even days without posting another segment. No, you cannot offer to take over the job for me while I'm gone. No, I will not accept answers over PMs. No, you cannot be in the story nor do your opinions on the story have any bearing on what will happen next. 4. No editing your post. After you've made a choice, that's it. If you edit your post, I will ignore it and move on to the next answer (assuming there is another one) given. Let's get started! ----------------------- Ella wished she could be anywhere but here. Why had she decided to do this anyway? She loved acting, of course, but this was [i]broadway[/i]! Here she stood, one of probably hundreds of women trying out for the coveted role. She should just walk off now. The sight of her boyfriend, Derek, looking at her from the back of the room with a proud smile, was the only thing that kept her in her place. She opened her mouth to sing the first note when the ground suddenly shook violently, knocking her off her feet. There were several screams and one of the casting directors stood up and asked everyone to remain calm while he went and checked on what was happening. [i]Should Ella: 1. Wait on the stage. 2. Go to Derek. 3. Follow the casting director.[/i] [Edited on 01.01.2013 6:26 PM PST]
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • Ella looked out the window again and said, "I promise," just as the man who had been thrown from the alley was torn into two pieces by one of the monsters. She threw up into the garbage bin and then dropped to her knees. "How can we do this?" "Hey," Derek knelt down next to her, wincing as he did, "we [i]can[/i] do this. You faced one of those things head on and came out alive." "Please, I didn't do anything but shine a light on it. That man who jumped on its back is the real hero." "Yes he is. But I would still be dead if it weren't for you, so that makes you a hero as well." She smiled, "Thanks...I just wish you weren't in such bad shape." "Don't worry about me," he said sternly, putting his hand on her shoulder. "I'll be fine so long as you're with me. Just remember, you made me a promise. If you love me, you will keep it." She frowned, "That's not fair." "I don't care. I won't forgive you if you come chasing after me again. One of those things gets me, you leave me." She let out a defeated sigh, "Alright...but that's not going to happen. We're getting out of here." "Right," he nodded, "but how?" [i]Should they: 1. Break the window and try to climb out. 2. Find some stairs and head down that way.[/i]
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • Make that promise.
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • As they walked slowly down the hallway, Ella keeping a steady hand on Derek's arm, they stopped to check the office rooms. The first was empty, but Ella saw a half-empty water bottle in the second and quickly rushed in to grab it. She was about to turn to leave when she noticed the window in the room the overlooked the main road. Curious, she went over and looked out. The building was only two stories high, but it still afforded her an adequate view of the direct vicinity. And she had no idea what to make of what she saw. "Derek," she called, "come look." The sun had gone down and the last rays of light were flitting over the city. Overturned and burning cars littered the road as screaming people dashed between buildings. Ella saw the creature climb up the building directly across from her and breathed a sigh of relief, "It's not here anymore." She pointed to the creature across the street, "It's over there." "Ella...I'm not sure--" Just then a man flew out of the alley next to the building across from them and another creature stepped out of the darkness. Ella's heart sunk into her stomach, "Oh no," she whispered. "There's more than one," Derek said slowly as he leaned heavily against the desk. Ella closed her eyes, took a deep breath and then handed him the water bottle, "Here, drink this. You need it." Derek held it gingerly in his hand, "We don't know where this has been or whose mouth has been on it!" "Really? You're going to worry about cooties at a time like this?" Ella shook her head, grabbed the bottle and took a swig. "There, now my lips are the last ones that touched it. Just pretend you're kissing me and it should be fine." "Well why pretend when--" "Not now!" she said sharply, although she couldn't suppress a smile. "We need to get out of here first." "You sure that's still a good idea?" "If there are more of those things out there, then we need to get out of the city as quickly as possible." Derek shrugged, "If you say so...but just promise me that you won't risk your life for me, okay? I might be a goner anyway." [i]Should Ella: 1. Make that promise. 2. Ignore Derek's request.[/i]
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Painis Cupcake Check the rooms.[/quote]
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • Check the rooms.
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • "Actually," Derek replied and struggled to his feet, "it is." He started walking to the door. "Are you crazy?" Ella cried. "We don't know where that thing is and you're still bleeding! This is the safest place for us." Derek laughed, "Right, hiding in a bathroom is the safest thing to do. I'm not waiting for that thing to come find us. We're getting out of here." Ella struggled to find a response. Finally, she let out a groan and said, "Okay. But you have to promise to tell me if you need to rest or anything. I don't want to lose you." Derek nodded, "Agreed." They stepped out into the hallway again. [i]Should they: 1. Check the office rooms. 2. Head to the end of the hallway.[/i]
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • They should try and leave.
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • Leave the building. And welcome back Halifax, you've been missed.
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • Ella dialed 911 and waited. There was no answer. Confused, she dialed again, and was greeted with no response. "What's wrong?" Derek asked. Ella shook her head, "I called the police...nobody answered." "That's weird...you sure you have service?" She nodded, "Yes. It doesn't make sense." Derek pursed his lips and then said, "Well, that means there's only one thing we can do. We have to get out of here." Ella shook her head, "You can't go running around like this. You've already lost too much blood. We should wait here. Someone will come and take care of that monster...whatever it is." Derek gave her a determined look and said, "I can't let you die for me." "It's not up to you, now is it?" [i]Should they: 1. Wait in the bathroom. 2. Try and leave the building.[/i]
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • 1
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • Ella led Derek into the bathroom and let him slump to the floor as she went to the towel dispensers and started pulling out as many paper towels as she could. She pressed them against his wound and looked around for something to bind them with. Seeing nothing, she reached into her shirt, unclasped her bra and puled it out, tying it around his shoulder. Derek watched her and started laughing. She folded her arms reflexively and said coolly, "Don't get any ideas. That's the only thing coming off." "Nah, I'm just pretty sure I look ridiculous with this bra wrapped around me." Ella smiled, "I am so glad you're not a creep. I probably would have left you if you were." "I would have been in good company then." Ella went to the closest sink, turned on the faucet and cupped her hands under it, catching the water. She brought it down carefully to Derek's lips and made him drink. "It's not much, but you need to drink." Derek nodded, "I know. Thank you, by the way. Even if I die, I'd rather die from blood loss than having my face bitten off." Ella shook her head and pressed a finger to his lips, "You won't die. I'm going to take care of you." She kissed him and then pulled back. Taking a deep breath, she said, "I'm going to make a phone call and then we'll decide what to do after that." [i]Should Ella: 1. Call the police. 2. Call a family member. 3. Call a friend.[/i]
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • the smart decision would have been the offices. there aren't usually exits from bathrooms...other than the way one came in.
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • 1
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • Ella had to concentrate just to keep herself from throwing up. She wanted to ask questions, be told why this was happening, but she couldn't. All she could do now was try and survive. She grabbed Derek and helped him to his feet as the creature opened its gaping maw and began eating the dead man's flesh. The creature was blocking the main exit so Ella took Derek up to the stage and out through the back-stage exit. The door opened into a long hallway with several more doors, two of which were labeled as bathrooms and the others appeared to be offices. [i]Should Ella: 1. Enter the bathroom door. 2. Go down the hallway and see what's at the end. 3. Enter one of the offices.[/i]
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • 2
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • "Hold on," she said to Derek. "I need to help that man!" She stood up and shined her light on the man as he wrapped his arms around the creature's neck. Or what she assumed was its neck. He jolted backward and let out a gasp as a second appendage shot straight out from the the creature's back and through the man's chest. He let out a gurgled sigh and then slumped over, dead. [i]Should Ella: 1. Tend to Derek's injury. 2. Get Derek to safety. [/i]
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • 3
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • Ella shook her head and jumped off the stage, "No! I won't leave you!" Her heart pounded in her chest and if she stopped to think about anything other than Derek, she would have collapsed where she stood, but all she could think about was him. She'd never met a man like him before. He was kind, gentle, funny and treated her like a queen. She didn't deserve him, and he didn't deserve to die like this. Holding her phone in front of her, Ella rushed up to Derek. The creature, seeing the light approach, backed away, letting out a low growl. Or at least, she thought it was a growl. The sound was so odd, like banging a hammer against a washboard, that Ella couldn't be sure what it meant. "Let him go!" she shouted, holding her phone high in front of her. The creature, of course, did not understand her and refused to comply. She was at a loss of what to do, and it was only a matter of time, she knew, before the creature decided to take out her light as well. Unexpectedly, one of the other people who had been sitting in the small auditorium, watching the auditions, ran toward the creature and jumped on its back shouting, "Pull him off!" The creature jolted to the side in surprise and Derek cried out in pain as the sharp appendage tore a larger hole in his shoulder. Ella quickly rushed forward when the creature momentarily lowered Derek to her level. She grabbed him around the waist and pulled backward. Derek screamed in pain as he slid off the appendage and dropped to the ground, blood spilling out of his open wound. [i]Should Ella: 1. Get Derek out of the room. 2. Try and stop the bleeding. 3. Help the man attacking the creature.[/i]
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • 1. run
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • 2. Try to help Derek.
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • Ella wasn't going to miss her chance at making her big break and so, did as the casting director asked. She felt her knees shaking with nervousness and tried to force them to stop. The loud screams from the hallway didn't help. "You doing okay, babe?" Derek called to her. Ella smiled and nodded, "Fine Derek...I'm just a little shaky. Must have been that earthquake...or whatever it was." "I'll go see what's going on." Derek stepped the door and poked his head out into the hallway. After a moment he turned on his heel and started running toward Ella, his face white and eyes wide in terror. "Run!" Just then, the door burst inward, flying off its hinges, and Ella felt her legs give way completely at the sight of the enormous creature that stood there. It was completely black and covered in scales with four large, bulbous eyes that glittered in the light. Ella initially only saw 4 legs that ended with taloned feet. However, upon seeing the light, the creature snapped out another appendage that seemed almost spear-like in nature, and destroyed the light bulb, casting the room in darkness. "Derek!" Ella shouted. "Derek where are you?" "Ella run!" Ella pulled out her cell phone and turned it on, pointing the dim light from the screen in Derek's direction. He was getting close to the stage when the creature's appendage caught him in the shoulder and yanked him up into the air. Ella looked left and saw the off-stage exit, and then looked back at her boyfriend, Derek. He shook his head again and yelled in a painful gasp, "Run!" [i]Should Ella: 1. Run. 2. Try to help Derek. [/i]
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • Wait on stage
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • 4) play Xbox
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

  • [I]4. Touch herself at night.[/I] [Edited on 01.01.2013 6:10 PM PST]
    Add more answer options

    Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.