JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Community

Discuss what we all have in common.

12/30/2012 7:36:17 PM

Group Founders: Do you kick inactive group members?

I have been debating starting a private group on my own. Then it occurred to me, if you already run your own group, do you kick inactive members? Like those that join but don't ever contribute? Y/N. Thanks for any info.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• No. Thats just mean.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Multijirachi [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Dr Weird Generslly[/quote] Generslly? OT: No, my memer count needs all the power it can get.[/quote] Only one mistake? Not bad for a first post on a tablet.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Dr Weird Generslly[/quote] Generslly? OT: No, my memer count needs all the power it can get.
    Add more answer options

• I never did, I mean hey at least they were increasing my big bad member count...
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] dazarobbo No, they may be readers.[/quote] This is exactly why I message them first and wait to see if they reply before doing anything.
    Add more answer options

• No, they may be readers.
    Add more answer options

• Of course not. I have a group with 350 members, and probably about 300 of them inactive.
    Add more answer options

• I'm far too lazy to invest that much time, however, there have been a few groups I've been a part of that easily had over a thousand members that we NEVER saw, and that's sorta bugged me. [Edited on 12.31.2012 12:46 AM PST]
    Add more answer options

• I don't have a group, but I see it as a bad idea to remove them from the group.
    Add more answer options

• It depends on how many people are in the group. I try to not kick people if there would be less than 100 members when I was done. Sometimes member count helps get new people in because the group appears to be a bit more active. Generslly I send a pm to people and give them a few weeks to respond before taking any actoin like kicking them.
    Add more answer options

• Way too much trouble + no gain from doing it.
    Add more answer options

• I'm still in a group that I created over 4 years ago, and I still to this day keep all the inactive members (which is within the 10-20 range because there's only a total of around 25 members). That group will forever live, no matter how dead we are!
    Add more answer options

• Not unless I'm bored.
    Add more answer options

• No It's nice to see members that have not been around for a long time pop in and say hello every now and then. I have 1200+ in the group I run but I am lucky to get 10 posts from everyone in a week at this point in time.
    Add more answer options

• That would involve kicking 124 people from my group with 2 active members, so no.
    Add more answer options

• You won't be able to keep track of their activity
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] SilverBulitt82 No I don't kick them for being inactive.[/quote]
    Add more answer options

• The idea that a group should worship activity above all else seems rather quaint...
    Add more answer options

• No. At this point, that'd be more than 500 people I'd have to kick, which takes too much time. I am also sure that there are many users who do not appear to be active, but actually do lurk the forums frequently. There is no reason for [i]me[/i] to kick any inactive member, but that's just because of the function of my group. If your concern is exclusivity or prestige, then kicking inactives makes more sense.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Marathon [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] ChorrizoTapatio Well OP, you shouldn't kick inactive members. They may be busy with something else or maybe even just taking a break. You never know when members will come back to post.[/quote] Sorry I should have clarified, I'm talking like months on end with 0 posts. Like 4,5,6 months.[/quote] People may just be busy, OP. I know quite a few members here attend college and that is time-consuming. Some people also lurk in groups until they feel they are ready to post. There isn't really a need to kick inactive members. But, it is your group. If you feel that you should kick them, then do it.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] ChorrizoTapatio Well OP, you shouldn't kick inactive members. They may be busy with something else or maybe even just taking a break. You never know when members will come back to post.[/quote] Sorry I should have clarified, I'm talking like months on end with 0 posts. Like 4,5,6 months.
    Add more answer options

• I wouldn't kick inactive people. As the above said, you never know when that person might come back. He's not hurting anyone sitting there.
    Add more answer options

• That's up to you. Imo, I see no reason to kick them.
    Add more answer options

• Well OP, you shouldn't kick inactive members. They may be busy with something else or maybe even just taking a break. You never know when members will come back to post. Also, if you're going to create a group try to think of a cool theme that will attract people. When you do create your group and you wish to advertise it, remember to post it [url=http://www.bungie.net/forums/topics.aspx?forumID=9]here[/url].
    Add more answer options

• No I don't kick them for being inactive.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.