JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Community

Discuss what we all have in common.

12/26/2012 11:54:43 PM
Khodan

Remember when it took actual skills to get a hot topic?

And now every average Joe can get it... Why don't we increase the posts to get a hot topic to 101 posts. Just because. [Edited on 12.26.2012 3:56 PM PST]
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I remember it was all about making an interesting topic to talk about with the rest of the community and had nothing to do with skill, That's how a thread usually gets a Hot Topic symbol.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] The EAKLE [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Lobster Fish 2 Anybody want to go boost hot topics?[/quote]I'm gonna sell my account. It's had dozens of Hot Topics.[/quote]Starting bid on eBay?
    Add more answer options

• Now Bungie is catering to casuals on the forums as well as the games. Getting those no-scope hot topics is just too easy nowadays.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Hylebos A better idea would have multiple levels for hot topic. 50 for Red Flames, 200 for Blue Flames, 500 for Green Flames.[/quote] I like this idea.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Hylebos A better idea would have multiple levels for hot topic. 50 for Red Flames, 200 for Blue Flames, 500 for Green Flames.[/quote] Really don't like this idea, and I could think of several ways it could backfire. The most common argument I could make against this, is that you would be giving people a goal to reach for the sake of getting the green. This would be in the form of spam, double posts, and maybe even a flame war or two. No, once again, this puts more weight behind the simple idea of a topic, than is justifiable. The icon for hot topic is really just skin deep.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Khodan Remember when it took actual skills to get a hot topic?[/quote] No.
    Add more answer options

Agent
    Agent

I like turtles - old

This is now a hot topic.
    Add more answer options

• Since when did it take skill to make a thread?
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Hylebos A better idea would have multiple levels for hot topic. 50 for Red Flames, 200 for Blue Flames, 500 for Green Flames.[/quote][url=http://i.imgur.com/A9C2S.png]I don't like it.[/url]
    Add more answer options

• Nothing in this forum requires "skill".
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Khodan And now every average Joe can get it[/quote]funny that, i only made [url=http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=69687425&postRepeater1-p=1#69687523]this thread[/url] because i was fishing for a hot topic
    Add more answer options

• Skills? Just chuck a load of important links into a topic that help the community.
    Add more answer options

• No. I don't. :-)
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Hylebos A better idea would have multiple levels for hot topic. 50 for Red Flames, 200 for Blue Flames, 500 for Green Flames.[/quote] ^Love this idea. OP: I do remember it taking a lot more substance for a thread to hit a hot topic a while back.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Hylebos A better idea would have multiple levels for hot topic. 50 for Red Flames, 200 for Blue Flames, 500 for Gold Flames.[/quote]Fix'd.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Make117 If you use the forums to get hot topics, you are doing it wrong.[/quote] Unfortunately, that seems to be the motive of more than a few people.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Hylebos A better idea would have multiple levels for hot topic. 50 for Red Flames, 200 for Blue Flames, 500 for Green Flames.[/quote] That's actually a really cool idea Hylerbos.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Lobster Fish 2 Anybody want to go boost hot topics?[/quote]I'm gonna sell my account. It's had dozens of Hot Topics.
    Add more answer options

• 50 posts is fine. It shows it's good enough to carry a conversation/discussion. 101 is too much.
    Add more answer options

• Me want topics to be out of reach of common man GRR!* Can hear Op say in in a Grunt voice. Using my Elite voice.* Would that not be a topic to ask a mod or Ninja ?. You see if people enjoy a topic. Good or bad it will become hot on its own. As for skill it does not take skill it takes forethought to make a topic of interest. Willing particpants who discuss it in a mature manner instead of troll goop like the Flood. [Edited on 12.26.2012 11:06 PM PST]
    Add more answer options

Silent
    Silent

I have the right to remain... - old

[quote][b]Posted by:[/b] edableshoe Geez lately is hard to spell[/quote] But you managed to do it!
    Add more answer options

• It's funny, because I made that thread about the sobriety test before athread, and i've needed that so badly lately. Geez lately is hard to spell
    Add more answer options

• dude yalll r just mad cuz all ig et are hot topics erry day son like yo, back up, im too HOT
    Add more answer options

Silent
    Silent

I have the right to remain... - old

Actually, I just checked, and Hot Topic doesn't franchise.
    Add more answer options

• Anybody want to go boost hot topics?
    Add more answer options

• It's never been difficult at all. And it doesn't really matter in any way so increasing the posts needed to make a hot topic is entirely pointless.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.