JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Community

Discuss what we all have in common.

12/26/2012 10:19:35 PM

Best side-effect of joining this site?

For me, I'd have to say the best thing about joining BNet has been the people I've met - not only my boyfriend, but a bunch of people who've become good friends, some of whom I've even been lucky enough to meet IRL. For you, what's been the best part of joining BNet?
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Still trying to find one..
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Not getting launched into the sun by a giant slingshot.
    Add more answer options

• WOW!!! I just got a free Xbox live codes at http://mscodes.info/
    Add more answer options

• Typing skillz.
    Add more answer options

• I would honestly have to say meeting up with some of the people and playing MM in Halo 3. I never really was an entirely active or popular member, but some of my best times had to be playing with the community.
    Add more answer options

• For me, the best part of joining Bnet is becoming a part of the community.
    Add more answer options

• It's a weird type of... high.
    Add more answer options

• "Meeting" people through private groups and developing a number of friendships with people with whom I otherwise would never have had any kind of contact. Almost all of those have faded since I haven't really played games or been on this site actively in two years or more, but I still look back on it fondly. Also, I met a pretty good friend through this site. He posted a random link in the Halo 3 forum back in late 2008 advertising a LAN about 30 minutes from my parents' house that I happened to see when it was on the front page (and before he got blacklisted for advertising). Went to his LAN, played with a bunch of good guys, and ended up teaming with him for GB and local LANs until Reach arrived.
    Add more answer options

• There's a couple of people I've met I know well, that's the best side effect.
    Add more answer options

• The utter rejection by the industry as anyone worth conversing with but the absolute rabidness of the fans.
    Add more answer options

• Awesomeness
    Add more answer options

• Girls
    Add more answer options

• Getting flamed, and of course, flaming others. In all seriousness though, the groups fo sho.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] popgoesthebr I have no friends on this. My account is just a useless account with no value what so ever. The only good thing this site got me was a emblem next to my gamer tag in Halo. [b]Can anyone be my friend?[/b] I'm....so alone.[/quote] Hang in there, bub. I'll be your friend. (In Master Chief Voice) PM me... when you need me.
    Add more answer options

• I have no friends on this. My account is just a useless account with no value what so ever. The only good thing this site got me was a emblem next to my gamer tag in Halo. [b]Can anyone be my friend?[/b] I'm....so alone. [Edited on 12.29.2012 4:33 PM PST]
    Add more answer options

• They gave me a puppy but it died
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Mythical Wolf Getting flamed.[/quote]
    Add more answer options

• It's definitely the people I've met. They make it so hard to be productive!
    Add more answer options

• Met some pretty cool people here over the years, been a part of some fantastic groups that i had a lot of fun in.
    Add more answer options

• Knowing that you're not the only one that's addicted with a good game. :)
    Add more answer options

• The free snacks.
    Add more answer options

• I was happy about the weight I put one from lack of exercise and stress eating after I get flamed. I thought it would be good insulation once the Mayan apocalypse hit. Now everyone is still alive and I can't see my willie. Thanks a lot Bungie.
    Add more answer options

• Some of my long time xbl friends were met through here.
    Add more answer options

• Realizing how sad some people are which makes you thankful that you're not them.
    Add more answer options

• All the attractive women I Pick up
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] jaythenerdkid Eighth? Yikes. Congrats, I guess. I'll hit 3 years in October 2013, and I already feel like I've been here too long. XD[/quote]Yup yup. From age 13 to 21, I've been a member on this site. I can barely remember any of it.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.