JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

12/13/2012 7:13:00 PM

Ming = blown (new concept game from DigiPen students)

[url=http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/13/3762948/perspective-2d-3d-platforming-game]Linky[/url]. Long story short: super-clever combination of 2D platformer game with 3D 1st-person game. Judging from the trailer and the fact that it was made by students at DigiPen and released for free, the game is clearly a "concept" game, not meant to be super-immersive or have AAA elements. But I haven't seen this level of creativity in a new game in any format since Portal -- whose major elements, not-so-coincidentally, [i]also[/i] came from students at DigiPen. The game is available for free download [url=http://www.seewithperspective.com/]here[/url]. If you have a chance to play it, I'd love to see what you think! [Edited on 12.13.2012 11:13 AM PST]
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Pretty sweet, I'll check it out.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• what the hell is a ming.
    Add more answer options

• Humph, when I was at DigiPen in the 90's they all laughed at my little carnival games. To simple, to casual, now look what Nintendo puts out... But yeah, they're pretty smart over there at DigiPen.
    Add more answer options

• +10 just...wow. so fun for its simple idea.
    Add more answer options

• Holy -blam!- that looks good.
    Add more answer options

Razgriz
    Razgriz

In Mexico until Friday - old

[quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Eat a Mishen So awesome...I wish I could play it.[/quote] It's free......
    Add more answer options

• So awesome...I wish I could play it.
    Add more answer options

• Dat necrobump.
    Add more answer options

• Kewl!
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] NorbergK6 I completed the first level, now I'm on "Tower." It's been pretty easy so far.[/quote] I'm stuck on "The Machine." It's the only one I've had real trouble on.
    Add more answer options

• Looks like Fez
    Add more answer options

• Holy crap. my ming wasnt just blown
    Add more answer options

• [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrKnkw1C4ik]Reminds me of this game.[/url]
    Add more answer options

• The end is awesome. :D Well, technically the--- nvm. spoilers.
    Add more answer options

• Only for windows, damn, it actually looks good
    Add more answer options

• It crashed on me, but that's probably a good thing that it crashed before my brain did.
    Add more answer options

• I completed the first level, now I'm on "Tower." It's been pretty easy so far.
    Add more answer options

• Anybody have any tips for "the floor is lava" level? I know it involves freeze falling him but idk how to gett around the orange piller.
    Add more answer options

• Foman you should check out Atum. It's a neat 2D platformer where you manipulate objects from your digital office in a 1st person perspective. Basically you're playing on a computer in a computer game on your computer and you use objects such as the 'lighter' in your digital office to manipulate the Blade-Runner inspired environment in the 2D platformer. It's a very hard game to explain. Here's a link so that you can play it in your browser. [url]http://atumgame.com/play[/url]
    Add more answer options

Lord Revan
    Lord Revan

Oh hai - old

[quote][b]Posted by:[/b] petitminou Controls are WASD for movement, spacebar for jump. And left click to "pause" and change perspective. [/quote] Ah, gotcha. It seemed to me that you'd actually be able to control both at the same time. It'd be a difficult feat, but imagine the fluidity behind that. The first person perspective could be controlled by a mouse (look around / walk forward and backward) and the sidescrolling flatlander could be controlled by the WASD controls with spacebar to jump. The only issue would come from an inability to strafe as the first person camera. But, I imagine that could create some really cool fluidity on levels with people learning the pattern on both controls to get through a level as quick as possible.
    Add more answer options

• I am literally blown away by the concept of the game.
    Add more answer options

• Wow that's really cool. Can't even imagine how difficult that must get though down the line.
    Add more answer options

• I'm saving this thread until I get to somewhere where I can torrent. This looks amazing, but crazy difficult.
    Add more answer options

• Aren't these the guys who made that pen who solves math problems? Why am I asking, no one remembers.
    Add more answer options

• With a gaming PC, I get -blam!- tons of free games.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] x Lord Revan x Wow, I love the design direction. The shift between both perspectives is really interesting. I only wonder how it controls. It is rather reminiscent of Fez from the demonstration, but the ability to move the camera as though one was in first person is incredibly interesting. I'm eager to try this out at some point. [/quote] Controls are WASD for movement, spacebar for jump. And left click to "pause" and change perspective.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.