JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

12/6/2012 10:34:43 PM

Halo 4 recieved its first TU today.

It did the following -Added the last strike medal and final killcam -Tweaked the super nade glitch -Fixed the boltshot insta reload glitch -And fixed the haven initial ordanance drop issue. Moar TU's are said to be on the way. While I hate having been sold a beta, at least 343 isn't sitting on their asses not trying to fix it. So i guess that sorta makes up it. Almost. How bout you, flood?
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] ansac11 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] DarkJet7 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Wobbly_guy [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] DarkJet7 They didn't have to fix the nade glitch, it certainly didn't hurt gameplay like the boltshot does.[/quote] Actually it sort of did. The host couldn't do the glitch. It would mean one team has a 'weaker' player.[/quote]Hardly, the glitch was used so infrequently that i doubt most players even knew it existed, and even if you do know about it, it's still tricky to actually put it to effective use.[/quote]But Bungie was smart enough to release a Halo 3 beta a few months prior, so they could fix the glitches and bugs before the game was released. Not to say that Halo 4 was crap, just that it could have been polished more and the final product just felt rushed and thrown together. [/quote] 343i stated numerous times that they didn't have the time or resources for a beta, and I'm assuming that it's because they are a company created and directly owned by Microsoft, as such they have to adhere to what they say. They wanted Halo 4 at a certain date, 343i realized that they didn't have enough resources given to them for a public beta, and so they had to play test it out the ass. Unfortunately, in-development play-testing doesn't take care of certain exploits.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] GhostLink2401 They best be fixing FF on Vics, because I'm getting real tired of having my Ghosts blown up by d-bags in SpOps. [/quote] run them over....... like me :D
    Add more answer options

• I wish they would come back with stockpiles. Miss that game.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] DarkJet7 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Wobbly_guy [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] DarkJet7 They didn't have to fix the nade glitch, it certainly didn't hurt gameplay like the boltshot does.[/quote] Actually it sort of did. The host couldn't do the glitch. It would mean one team has a 'weaker' player.[/quote]Hardly, the glitch was used so infrequently that i doubt most players even knew it existed, and even if you do know about it, it's still tricky to actually put it to effective use.[/quote]But Bungie was smart enough to release a Halo 3 beta a few months prior, so they could fix the glitches and bugs before the game was released. Not to say that Halo 4 was crap, just that it could have been polished more and the final product just felt rushed and thrown together.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] The CH1MP [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Wild Smurf 14 R.I.P. end-game betrayal fest, I'll miss you.[/quote] There's no final kill cam in BTB[/quote] Or Infinity Slayer or Team Regicide.
    Add more answer options

• They best be fixing FF on Vics, because I'm getting real tired of having my Ghosts blown up by d-bags in SpOps.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Wild Smurf 14 R.I.P. end-game betrayal fest, I'll miss you.[/quote] There's no final kill cam in BTB
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Wild Smurf 14 R.I.P. end-game betrayal fest, I'll miss you.[/quote]May you forever be remembered in our hearts.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] DatDudeBV [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] VitalHalofreak It did the following -Added the last strike medal and final killcam [/quote] HAHAHAHAHAHA[/quote] Seriously? I find the Halo killcams are sooo glitchy. If you're serious I guess I should go check this out.
    Add more answer options

• Noice, only complant I have is PV. But that's just a personal issue. Ya dig?
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] VitalHalofreak [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] MrMassakka That's all? So basically... they did nothing?[/quote]They said they are going to make quite a few TU's. Think about it like this, this game is only a month old, and it already got a TU. Halo 3 on the other hand, didn't get a TU for 8 months (correct me if i'm wrong) I think 343 will support this game well. Now they just gotta fix the other things...[/quote] Yeah because Halo 3 had a beta, so a lot of problems were found before the game went gold, unlike halo 4.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] ROBERTO jh As I said, this was a functionality update, not a sandbox update. They're working on that one now. It's easier to squash bugs than too fine tune gameplay.[/quote] If you say it's easier, but I personally would prefer them to fix enraging issues rather than adding in a last kill and final killcam function.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] hispanicman15 That has to be lamest update I have ever heard. (minus supernade) No nerfing the mantis No nerfing the boltshot No nerfing the DMR [/quote] These don't be to be nerfed. Get killed by these things alot? Find a way to counter it, don't just whine because you keep getting killed by them.
    Add more answer options

West Sout
    West Sout

I guess I'm okay. I can't complain. - old

They fixed it where if you entered a code, then everyone could use the item. I couldn't use my limited edition items because the code was already used.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Wild Smurf 14 R.I.P. end-game betrayal fest, I'll miss you.[/quote]
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] hispanicman15 That has to be lamest update I have ever heard. (minus supernade) No nerfing the mantis No nerfing the boltshot No nerfing the DMR No adding those 3 pre-made maps on the "forge" maps into multiplayer No making the railgun more effective against vehicles What the hell are they thinking? I like this game, I really do, but seriously?[/quote] As I said, this was a functionality update, not a sandbox update. They're working on that one now. It's easier to squash bugs than too fine tune gameplay.
    Add more answer options

• That has to be lamest update I have ever heard. (minus supernade) No nerfing the mantis No nerfing the boltshot No nerfing the DMR No adding those 3 pre-made maps on the "forge" maps into multiplayer No making the railgun more effective against vehicles What the hell are they thinking? I like this game, I really do, but seriously? [Edited on 12.06.2012 5:19 PM PST]
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Hylebos [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Wolverfrog [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Hylebos [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] SonOfTheShire [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Hylebos Lol, there goes the free Title Update. Guess each subsequent title update is going to cost 343 a ton of money. Sucks to be them.[/quote] Huh?[/quote]Microsoft let's developers update their game with a title update once, and after that, they charge their developers when they want to update their game with a patch.[/quote] I don't think Microsoft will charge themselves.[/quote]Bungie had to pay to put out patches I think. I'm not entirely familliar with the concrete details of the policy, only that it screws over indy developers who want to implement ten lines of code to fix a save corruption problem that affects only 1% of the population.[/quote] FEZ :(
    Add more answer options

• Funny thing is that the game was better without these fixes
    Add more answer options

• Because Halo 4 needed MORE medals... Seriously, this game is filled to the brim with instant gratification as it is.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Garrux [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] NINJA BUNNY 117 Did they make Thruster Pack slightly faster? It felt faster when I played today.[/quote]I hope so. After how useful it was in campaign it felt completely pointless the first time I used it in matchmaking.[/quote]Idk, I love thrusters, it's saved my life numerous times though yh it probably should have some increase in speed over sprint.
    Add more answer options

• So they fixed the minor things and ignored the major things...... Oh well.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] xAvery Johnson It's progress. Which is a start. [/quote]
    Add more answer options

• Sold a beta? Don't you mean BF3?
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] CarefreeMeat [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] VitalHalofreak It did the following -Added the last strike medal and final killcam [/quote]CoD?[/quote] CoD.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] MrMassakka That's all? So basically... they did nothing?[/quote] They said this is a game functionality TU. The next TU will be gameplay and balance.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.