JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

#Halo

12/1/2012 3:05:44 AM

What would Halo be like now if Reach never happened

> December 2012 > Reach forum still active lol Anyway on topic Would Halo 4 have been different if Reach never happened Would it have been worse? Would it never have happened at all? What you think?
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Halo 4 is worse than Reach. MP is downright terrible. Campaign plot was pulled out of 343's ass. [Edited on 12.03.2012 10:12 PM PST]
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Sliding Ghost Even without Reach, it's reception wouldn't even surpass Halo 3. Like most sequels, Halo tends to get worse with each game. But I admit, it'd be more replayable, at least in some areas...[/quote] So much heresy in our domain... Must agree with you in an overall sense, Sliding. The series has been a downwards slide, bumped upward slightly by 4.
    Add more answer options

• Even without Reach, it's reception wouldn't even surpass Halo 3. Like most sequels, Halo tends to get worse with each game. But I admit, it'd be more replayable, at least in some areas...
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] THOMSY99 Halo 4 would had been Halo 3 improved. Think how Halo 3 was to Halo 2. Perfect. Now take all the glitches in 3, fix them and release with all new maps and better engine. = even more perfect game. I think Halo 4 is to REACH what Halo 3 was to Halo 2. It is a big improvement, but still has some faults. These can hopefully be fixed with a Title Update.[/quote] You forgot to add Firefight mode, forge world and to take out silly MP achievements. I still have nightmares from that 2 4 1. Then it would be perfect.
    Add more answer options

• I never used theater in campaign and scoring didn't have much of a purpose. I don't understand why people care so much...
    Add more answer options

• Halo 4 would had been Halo 3 improved. Think how Halo 3 was to Halo 2. Perfect. Now take all the glitches in 3, fix them and release with all new maps and better engine. = even more perfect game. I think Halo 4 is to REACH what Halo 3 was to Halo 2. It is a big improvement, but still has some faults. These can hopefully be fixed with a Title Update.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] OdorousLicense3 The franchise wouldn't be devolving into an obvious CoD clone[/quote] Why [i]devolving[/i]? Given that COD is the most successful, and most popular games - how would halo picking up some of the more enjoyable aspects of the series be a bad thing? Can understand it if someone was fearful of any form of change ... but thought that personality trait only kicked in once people reached 40.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Bungie fan no7 You ask too many questions.[/quote] I'll ask as many questions as I want
    Add more answer options

• You ask too many questions.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] OdorousLicense3 The franchise wouldn't be devolving into an obvious CoD clone and you, thankfully would most likely stop spamming this site. [/quote] I don't see how this game not being made would stop me from spamming
    Add more answer options

• The franchise wouldn't be devolving into an obvious CoD clone and you, thankfully would most likely stop spamming this site.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] TH3_AV3NG3R Halo 4 would have been the same. 343i is going to look at the top dog(call of Duty) and try to outclass it by copying off features from it.[/quote] Damm ... are 343 steal bungies masterplan ... noooo. But bungie have already agreed to follow the COD model; - contracted game release every 2 years, - contracted 60+% DLC content, - loadouts and active DLC weapons ([i]at last, weapons you can buy that have an in-game effect[/i]) - and the new music and character set ([i]ok, more like COD meets Star Wars, but still the right idea[/i]) Nah, bungie will win the COD top dog awards surely.
    Add more answer options

• Chance of it being what it is now. or Chance of it being better than it is now without all the added AA BS
    Add more answer options

• Halo 4 would have been the same. 343i is going to look at the top dog(call of Duty) and try to outclass it by copying off features from it. In plus, less customs options, no campaign theater mode, no campaign scoring, custom loadouts, random weapon spawns, etc. WTF were 343 thinking? Next thing you know, it is going to have ADS for every weapon.
    Add more answer options

• It would have been even worse, people would be comparing it to Halo 3 and complaining it's not the same game, kinda like how they did with Reach.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.